Total Solution Angel72's Big Bulge Battle

Hi Angel. Good to see that you are home. A lots happened in the last 3 weeks hasn't it.

As I'm sure you're aware, getting over surgery takes it toll physically & emotional all on its own let alone with the other aspects that need to be dealt with. You are doing brilliantly & as you say the weight loss aspect is something that you can control at the moment so well done on being so determined & getting through another stone bracket :winner:.

Hope they can get the lift for you, it will make coping with recovery so much better for you & your family :fingerscrossed:.

PS, don't hold those tears in, cry if you need to. Its one of those things I always tell my post op patients to do, even the men xx

Thanks susie. I've done a spreadsheet of figures but frankly I don't think we will get help as we both work even though the monthly balance is just 63pence in the black (if we are good). I'm not a crier but I think I might burst with tears or anger sometime! It might as well be tears.

Just me, hubby and bubs (whose in bed). It's such a relief to get my house back but I feel really snappy and prickly with my hubby. I think it's partly because I nearly fell off the wagon and he said no (thank goodness) and I've been soooo hungry today. Also I'm due TOTM in the next week and I always get extra hungry then. Trying to stay strong with sparkling water.

Have a a great evening everyone.

Well done on staying strong. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Angel, it's been ages since I was on here and I'm just catching up. Glad you are home and on the mend now, and well done on your losses, fantastic xx

Thanks Mere and JJ. I'm struggling a bit today, it's only 3.30 and I'm really wanting pack 3. I've had porridge and shake so far. I'm seeing a pattern that when I drink coffee I feel hungrier, especially real coffee..... If I stick to peppermint tea and water I'm better but I get a bit bored.

Finally my Tum circumference is the same as my height, soon I will look taller as my hips shrink. I hope.

I have to say it's nice to have a weekly WI to help stay on track in tempting times but I have you guys to keep me straight. I hope everyone's day is going well x

PS I moved back onto my exante diary, I'm back doing total solution again x

Ah okey dokey JJ

Hmmm interesting I checked back to when I started and I had the same hunger feelings from day ten for a few days! Once I get through this bit then I'm in the feel good zone and a few pounds lighter. I can't wait. Grin and get through. X

One day at a time Angel and we'll get there. We've a long road ahead but it'll be worth it and we're strong enough to do it x

I'd a hungry day yesterday and I think as well it was the coffee that did it. Today not so much coffee and I'm coping much better. Good to know what could be it.

another hungry day. Porridge, coffee and a choc bar with a pint of peppermint tea so far today. I feel so exhausted. Spent 3.5 hours out and about in the daylight walking the dog and there's sunshine but I was soooo cold.

I have my niece and hubby coming tomorrow night. They love cheese, nibbles, garlic bread etc. all my fav nibbles. It's going to be tough!

Enjoy their company and try to stay away from the nibbles or do what I do and have one and no more. Some people find having one tiny bit gives them the taste and they can't stop but I find a tiny bit stops me from feeling deprived. You know your own body. Just have a great time and don't beat yourself up if you do fall off the wagon. x

Stay strong tomorrow night Angel. You can do it ;) My toughest weeks (if I remember correctly) were weeks 2-3/4. Hunger and cravings were a killer. You know if you push through all this will settle down. Go for it :)

Thanks both, I know that diet nirvana is at the end of the first month, when it stops feeling like a diet and feels effortless. It's good to have a diary to check back how things felt, it helps to have the support too. I'm aiming to have lost as much as I can by the time I see a friend who doesn't know I'm dieting.

May this week be a big loss for everyone ! Have a great weekend. X

Roll on that effortless feeling !!

Have a lovely weekend Angel x

Weekend has been off plan since Friday night and weekend visitors. The in laws didn't help today but I finished the day on a shake. It's been mostly cheese and fish but I do feel yuk after carbs and have a headache. Back to plan tomorrow. I might even get a wi on Thursday at my hospital appt.

Being babysat 24/7 is beginning to get to me a bit and now I have a rotten cold too. Ho hum. Things have to take a turn soon. I hope everyone's having a super time.

Hope things improve soon. x

Thanks Mere. They have to pick up sooner or later. The diet I can control so I'm keen to get back to it very much.
I have realised I can't actually remember what clothes I have in my wardrobe upstairs. I live in the same stuff daily. I'm going to try to do Gok and Tim Gunn recommended capsule wardrobe when I reach goal. 24 fabulous pieces that mix and match and make you look effortlessly stylish but don't clog the wardrobe up.

I did make a list once so shall have to dig it out.

Capsule wardrobe sounds good but I don't think I am that controlled. I have a large walk in wardrobe, half a wall to wall wardrobe and three big storage boxes full of clothes! I have far too many clothes some of them are ancient but they are still favourites and I still wear them! x

My attitude might change into a raging shopaholic. At the moment I hate deciding what to wear and just go for the comfiest possible. Sleeping in the dining room has really made me see I actually don't need most of the crap I have in my drawers and dressing table. It could be quite therapeutic to have a chuck out.

I go for comfort over fashion but because I buy the best quality I can afford they don't wear out. Some of my clothes are 20 to 30 years old and still fit! That is why I have so many. I hate shopping but I try to control my clothes by hanging them in the wardrobe with the hook of the hanger hanging away from the front. When I wear something I hang it back up the other way so that I can tell at a glance what I wear and what I don't. After a year if I have not worn something it goes in a suitcase in the loft. If I don't dig it back out of the loft but stays in the case for a year I then put it out or send it to a charity shop. I don't do that with my more expensive outfits because they are usually only worn on special occasions and tend to be classics that don't go out of date. I still wear the silk dress I wore to my daughters wedding 18 years ago and people always comment on what a lovely dress it is! No one yet has said are you still wearing that old thing! X

Last edited:
Back