Angie's Exante Adventure

You are probably right that some things you eat can make you feel hungry and you seem to know what is triggering it as well. Although I think you are probably still in ketosis because it just suppresses your appetite. So there is a chance that at times you might feel hungry at times. It is a case of going with what works best.

Do cheer up - you are doing really well :) I know how you feel though about this being a life long change., though. I am already starting to wonder how I will transition to real food and this is still week 2 for me.

Yes and even if I'm in ketosis, give me a bar in the beginning of the day and I'll be looking for another straight after.
What works for me is half a shake a breakfast in a cup of coffee, then mint tea all day when busy at work, then home for a pack, then a bar at tea, followed by the last half of a pack with decaf in the evening. Or I incorporate a meat and veg meal, sometimes dropping half to a whole pack and adding a small vitamin pill.

This am-half vanilla shake in coffee
Tea tonight- black bean and beef pot
Pudding-Bar of some sort/ not decided yet
Later- half a toffee pack
Extra- no-cal tesco's cream soda, Splenda with no citric.

I get onto the mint tea during the work day,too. It helps me get the fluid in. For me I split the bars, but then they don't make me hungry. The shake in coffee is a good idea too. How do you make them, I have only ever had them cold.

Hi, I tend to put half a pack into my nutriblenda and wizz it up with probably half a cup of water, then I make a small cup of instant coffee and combine the 2, so it's a creamy warmish drink, rather than a hot drink, as I think it loses taste if it's hot. Otherwise, I've just put a bit more water into the blenda with a half spoon of Splenda and a spoon of coffee and add some ice and have an iced coffee. Yum!

Hi Angie,

sorry you're a bit down. I know what you mean about having to constantly worry about what you eat for the rest of your life. It seems so unfair. I am already worrying about refeed and staying in control. I WILL NOT do anything like this diet again. Maybe just the odd few days to keep me in line but not months like now.

Yep, that's what I've been thinking, this is the last Vlcd I do. I will lose the weight and will probably do diet chef for a month to introduce food again, then it's going to have to be calorie counting and probably the 5.2 diet to keep me in place. Have been looking at a few maintainence blogs after a Vlcd, saw someone still maintaining 2-3 years later, they did weekly stats and basically they put on 2lb one week, took off 3 the next, put on 1, put on 3, put on 4, then we're strict and got back to their baseline weight. They posted weekly for nearly 3 years and then stopped posting. I hope it was because they'd got maintainence done and dusted.

I know I'll be like that, some weeks or months u know yr the same weight and maintaining but then a few days/weeks of eating without thinking on goes half a stone. I will put that half stone back on again, but it's losing it again b4 it becomes a stone or 3.......

It's not like I think I'll be on a diet forever, but I've never put effort into maintaining my losses, being vigalent between diets of how much I weigh. Now, finally I realise what I've been doing wrong.

Yes exactly me too. Even though I've said in the past, I'll never put it on again, I've done nothing to watch my maintenance. I think i will weigh once a week forever.

I'll be with you, we've got a similar start weight, let's aim to get to maintainence and then keeping each other accountable :)

Well, let's try and support each other to the goal of maintainence, we all know it can be done, we just have to stay on this path and not get off

Thank you I will. =)

I have just ordered a 100 for £85 box of exante, committing to a other month of a Vlcd. It's all good, getting into the swing of it, but not being complacent

So I thought I would be strict today, as I'd had higher calorie over the weekend, though I'm still in ketosis.

But because tried to unreasonable with myself, I rebelled. I won't go into details. I still ate 2 packs and stayed under 1000, but still not within the plan.

But on a good note, I did manage to defer gratification, I had half a bar at 6pm and left the other half til 7.30pm. That's a big thing for me. I realise I have to practice doing this more, feeling a craving and letting it go and not acting on the internal pressure to eat. Recognising the thought about food and letting go off away away from me on a cloud.

I seem to be a bit more mindful about this diet this time. Being more aware about my thoughts about food, having a detached curiosity as to the automatic thoughts that come up, watching my reactions. I realise I have to learn to control what I do, when I have thoughts about food.

Even if the cart stumbles, I will not get off the cart, this wagon. I will stay on this road until I get to the destination.

So I won't disrupt my usual pattern. Tomorrow I will have half a shake and coffee, lots of mint tea, then a savoury pack for dinner and a bar once have got my daughter down to sleep.

Mindfulness about eating is so important Angie

...is it hunger or something else?

I love your 'floating away on a cloud' visualisation :)

We can do this - 2016 is our year! :D

Last edited:
Great positivity Angie. I've found myself trying to be more mindful of what is triggering my eating too. BTW I tried the vanilla shake with coffee yesterday - it was fab. Will do that more often.

=) I've just got my new order which is mainly strawberry jam bars, cherry almond bars, sausage mix and vanilla shakes.

Just need enough vanilla shakes to have a 'milky' coffee in the morning.

So Today, had vanilla coffee, pints of mint tea at work, with one coffee with drop of milk.
Then home for a Dahl pot from my last order (quite yummy wish I'd known, I would have ordered more)....
Then I've just had a jam yogurt crunch bar (yum) with a small cup of earl grey. Half a pack left, not sure what to have yet.

It all feels manageable at the moment, but I'm not complacent.

Mmmmm, mindfulness!
I have done a Vlcd several times, successfully each time.....until I stopped. Each time I never thought I would put the weight on again, each time I ditched the Vlcd, getting bored with it, shining with pride that I'd lost shed loads, clever 'ol me. Clever 'ol me is thinner again, until I didn't notice I'd put on 4lb, that became 10lbs, became 2 stone....not so blooming clever.

Okay, so if I don't want that result again, which I don't, I need to keep going, even when I've lost 3 stone, even when I'm bored eating soups and shakes, even when others say 'ooooh, you don't need to lose anymore'.

I will need help to get over the 'mind humps' I expect the mind games will start when I start to see my slimmer figure. That will not put me off.
I am going to stay the course.

However, it is worth noting that b4 I met hubby, when I was size 12-14, I attracted on 2 separate occasions, gorgeous, charming psychopaths into my life, who devastated my life and took me a long time to get over. I know for certain they would not have looked at me twice the size I am today.

So Deep down I've always known this fat layer keeps people away, especially the charming nutcases. I was size 12 when I met hubby, but ballooned to size 18/20 almost overnight, I.e in about 4 months I put on 3 stone. This layer protects me, keeps away the nasties.
I'm going to have to develop new ways of keeping them away. I'm hoping wrinkles and a few grey hairs will help. Maybe my new mantra will be 'they can all f- off, I will be a size 12 again'.

Last edited:
So I am 16.0 this am, so one more pound down.
But blimey, this getting into the next stone bracket is sloooooow!
I wanted to be 15 stone something by now.

But I suppose this is as fast as I can do it.
And I ate an extra 200 cals yesterday, so I can't expect the 3-4lb losses can I?

What I am going to do is get my exercise bike into the living room and bike for half an hour in the evening. That and I have an old Jane Fonda tape and a telly tape machine I can use hahahahahaha!

Haha I managed to attract the crazys no matter my size. I think its a skill ;-)

Well done on your loss. You must be really noticing the physical differences by now :)

Back