Angie's Exante Adventure

Oh and I did a video diary of myself, I look a lot thinner in the face, haggard even. Im certainly in my 40's now, think the fat was ironing out the wrinkles.

I don't give 2 hoots really, when I'm skinny I have great legs and high cheekbones, they won't change, wrinkles and grey hairs are all part of the course. I so wanna have a good set of pins again :)

A video diary is such a good idea!

My face is definitely slimmer - but I don't think I'll ever have a good set of pins with my stumpy legs and nurses 'cankles' :rolleyes:

Love the idea of a video dairy too :) . I often go on youtube to watch peoples weightloss diaries, its really interesting and helps inspire you to keep going. Think its a great idea Angie. Hope your having a lovely day hun. I loved your earlier posts about recognising how we feel inside whilst on our journey and once we get to maintenance, our attitude towards food and making sensible choices. Your post really helped me, so thank you :) .

Kay xx

Hi Kay, hi Darcy.

Days been fine, not strictly exante but a variation on a theme.
Didn't have so much mint tea today as was in back to back visits and meetings, so had 2 pints very first thing then 2 cups of tea over many hrs and a quick glass of water at a clients (note to self take water bottle with you). Got very hungry midday, probably dehydration, swept past home grabbed a baby bel and half an Atkins bar, and a slug of water. Tonight I had small portion of beef mince with salad and 3 cooked mushrooms, whilst hubs and bubs had spag bol
Just settling down with my bar in bits and a cuppa earl grey.

Feel really pooped,
Weigh in tomorrow. Feel skinnier but more compact/heavier. At this moment in time I don't care if the scales say I haven't lost much this week, my clothes and mirrors are telling me different.

Oh and I looked in the mirror at the top of our stairs and probably due to fat loss on the face and dehydration I caught my reflection, blimey I've developed crows feet overnight. I've always been a bit glad that at 44 I was fairly wrinkle free....ha! No more! But it's okay, I am 44 not 28 any more.

When I lose weight people notice me, it's already starting to happen. This is fine, hopefully my crows feet and greying hair will keep the married men and charmers away.
Maybe I give off a scent. It's no surprise I've so big for so long.

P.s I find people finding me attractive very puzzling and alarming in equal measures.

So my ticker won't update, anyway 21lbs down in 5 weeks.
Another 3lb down today.
First thought, I'm into the 15's not so fat, I can relax.....no you can't.
So, accountability: am very tired=makes me feel physically empty if not actually hungry, got up and ate left over mince and 1/3 Atkins bar.
Note to self, weaknesses/prompts to eat= when tired and when had a good loss/look less wall-like. Feeling tired and looking thinner is not a licence to eat.

Was: 17.5
Am: 15.11
Will be: 11.10

Last edited:
Hey angie, just catching up. My account has stopped sending me alerts to all the diaries I'm watching so I've missed loads!

Sounds like you've have a few ups and downs but are getting on top of things! Enjoyed your posts on mindfulness... Gives me some thoughts to mull over myself. I am too determined to be doing vlcd for the last time so here's to that!!

Oh and well done on your loss :) Have a good day

Just catching up Angie. Great loss, well done on reaching the 15s :)

You're doing really well, 21lb in 5 weeks :D

Hey Angie, glad you are doing so well - Congrats on the 3lbs! the mindless eating resonated with me too. They say you have to take the proper time out to set the table, sit down and eat, half of the time I eat something in between caffeinated meetings and don't remember what it was I actually ate at the end of the day. Same here for the bars as well - unless I cut them up and freeze them - then I have to suck/chew and it takes longer to do so.

Hey angie, just catching up. My account has stopped sending me alerts to all the diaries I'm watching so I've missed loads!

Hi Smidge,
I thought it was only me! that and the ticker not updating... guess not.

Weight 15.11

Hello my band of buddies =)
Sounds like we're all practiced at Vlcd, let's get to goal and only come on minimins to report tips and hints whilst maintaining.

I think if I can average 3lb a week, doing the same thing I've been doing the last few weeks I should be able to see my skinner self in about 8 weeks, but not at goal for another 20 weeks.

I will keep putting one foot in front of the other, I will come on here and be accountable. Not that I'm expecting a crash, but even if I'm mugged by a cake, I will come on here and fess up (but if I'm ever so stupid to throw away my dreams for a bun, someone shoot me!).

Actually, here's what I'll do. If I ever think of giving in to a cake or wine before goal, I will first imagine coming on here and telling you guys it's over, I am now doing slimming world and will take another year to lose the weight (or more likely not come back for a year while I graze up to 18 stone again) and I will imagine tearing up the money I have spent on packs and I will remember what 17.5lb looks and feels like.

Every time I have lost 2-3 stone on Vlcd (and I have done that several times) I have never ever thought I would put the weight back on. I have never taken the weight I've lost seriously, never appreciated it is hard to lose weight, to not eat the same as my family and peers. I am not getting off this diet! I am so cross I've done a Vlcd and been really successful at it, but blown all that effort. This time I won't, I promise you guys I won't.

=)

Last edited:
Hello my band of buddies =)
Sounds like we're all practiced at Vlcd, let's get to goal and only come on minimins to report tips and hints whilst maintaining.

I think if I can average 3lb a week, doing the same thing I've been doing the last few weeks I should be able to see my skinner self in about 8 weeks, but not at goal for another 20 weeks.

I will keep putting one foot in front of the other, I will come on here and be accountable. Not that I'm expecting a crash, but even if I'm mugged by a cake, I will come on here and fess up (but if I'm ever so stupid to throw away my dreams for a bun, someone shoot me!).

Actually, here's what I'll do. If I ever think of giving in to a cake or wine before goal, I will first imagine coming on here and telling you guys it's over, I am now doing slimming world and will take another year to lose the weight (or more likely not come back for a year while I graze up to 18 stone again) and I will imagine tearing up the money I have spent on packs and I will remember what 17.5lb looks and feels like.

Every time I have lost 2-3 stone on Vlcd (and I have done that several times) I have never ever thought I would put the weight back on. I have never taken the weight I've lost seriously, never appreciated it is hard to lose weight, to not eat the same as my family and peers. I am not getting off this diet! I am so cross I've done a Vlcd and been really successful at it, but blown all that effort. This time I won't, I promise you guys I won't.

=)

Great post Angie - and resonates with me so much! :)

Congratulations on the 3 lbs down - fantastic! :D

This is going to be our year - together, we can do this! :bunnydance:

weight 15.11

I'm keeping it real. I'm drifting gals, drifting on a sea of complacency, born of losing weight and getting into the next stone bracket.

I am still in ketosis, but I'm finding I'm eating less Vlcd products, just the bar at night, substituted packs for small low carb meals. Didn't even calorie count today and drank too many teas with milk in. Why, because I'm so tired and couldn't face another mint tea & I've also done low carb b4 and started drifting that way. But drifting is dangerous. Back to the shakes Angie!

Going low carb in itself is not a problem, but it wasn't my plan. I've drifted. Why? Because I bought a new box of exante with mainly pancakes and sausage mix (& the 2 favourite bars) and I don't have time to fry the products, was keeping them for the weekends and it's just not fitted in. I will eat them eventually, but I need some shakes I'll eat, and I could do with some Dahl and black bean.

So what do I need to do? Look through the shakes you do have that you'll eat. Start day with half pack to go with a decaf coffee. Mint tea, no milky drinks in the day, turkey with a pack for tea and a bar. Start eating yr packs again Angie. If you are drifting get the packs in you do want, don't avoid eating what you've bought and substitute with low carb. Also a sausage or pancake mix isn't like proper cooking honey, suck it up buttercup!

Right, so I will have a bit of turkey with the family, but with a side order of sausage mix and some salad, I will have a shake and a bar. I am also keeping an eye on vitamins I know if I drop a pack to have a floradix vitamin pill which is veggie based and easily digestible.

Keeping it real. Keeping from drifting, keeping a running tally of what I've eaten in the day.....if you can't because you've had 1 to many milky decafs, you're doing it wrong. Right I need to go to sleep, been awake 17 hrs. Tomorrow I will have had at least 7hrs sleep and I will follow my plan. Tricky, tricky diet this one, you just think you've got it licked and it bites u on the metaphorical bum.

Nightie night.

Last edited:
Morning world! Up bright and early as usual. Head in right place. Just going to get up fix Breckie for bubs and get my shake and coffee. Then it'll be mint tea all day & packs and turkey in the evening. I'll be back at 8 tonight to report how it went.

Onward!

Morning world! Up bright and early as usual. Head in right place. Just going to get up fix Breckie for bubs and get my shake and coffee. Then it'll be mint tea all day & packs and turkey in the evening. I'll be back at 8 tonight to report how it went.

Onward!

Morning Angie :) , you sound all prepped and organised for the day, well done, I hope your day goes as planned.

With regards to the ticker, this might help a couple of people who I know are having problems updating :-

How to Update Your Ticker

Your right the website is not updating at the mo, but there is a way around it. If you log onto the ticker website, and go to edit/update with your password, change your ticker with your new stats until it gives you the new BB code. Normally we would enter the new BB code and it would update our signature, but that seems to not be working so what you can do is ... once you have the new updated ticker showing on the ticker website, right click on the ticker image and go to properties, in properties it will say URL address, copy the whole of the URL address, now go to your signature, remove your old ticker and select the image icon (which is next to the smiley face) and paste the URL address and hit save, your new ticker should now be showing in your signature. (It works when we enter it as an image and not the BB code ;))

I hope its worked for u :D .

Kay xx

Hmmmm, working from home.
Being home is not a licence to eat.
So why have I had my bar. My head said an experiment. Well what am I going to do tonight?
Hmmmm' not sure. Maybe my pack will have to be pancakes and I'll have to argue with myself later that I can't have another bar.

Little-Angie will not be pleased. I can predict a food based paddy later from my inner child lol

licence to feed= internalised fictional certificate that says 'you are allowed to eat anything you want'

When might I have awarded myself one of these?
For general eyes-off-the-ball eating? When I'm tired. When I'm stressed. When at home on a day off. When it's been a long day, bring on the foooooood! But on these days, on a vlcd I can usually calm my inner feeder by shakes and bars, but it's hard.

What about a delux Licence to feed? Overfeeding and alcohol?
Well that would be bank holidays, birthdays, celebrations, commiserations, a week or 2 off work.
What is the internal feeder going to do when those occasions arise and there's no licence to eat?

A great big sulk.

I've managed to negotiate weekends. A day at home by myself is different. I had my bar early today. There are consequences. I won't be having another today, come 7 o'clock I will be sulking!

But I am off for a week with my child, next week. Changes to routine, being off work, being at home, being stressed in a nice way that is 24/7 parenting to a 6 year old.......my good god not eating is gonna suck!!!!

I have no crisis and contingency plan for a week of unstructured time with a wee one. Usually I would kick back big time, yummies during the day and Cava at 7.... Bugger.

There is no vlcd alternative.
Gonna have to get myself some strategies.........

Just try and remember why you are doing this. It's hard work but if you really want to do this you will find the willpower :)

Current weight 15.11

I will remember that I want to wear my size 14 seasalt blouse with my skinny jeans by mid summers day. I can't give myself a licence to munch.

I had a prawn salad instead of the turkey and fed the family with quiche and
I haven't had another bar. Yay me! Instead I did cook up half a pancake mix, and I do like it. Also Had half a gooey pud....hmmmm, not for me.

But the pancake is good. When I've eaten more of the shakes in my box, I'll also get some more currys and black bean/daahl as I have to have to have something to chew at night, a shake doesn't cut it.

Right, it's been a good day.
This is a long process, one day at a time.

What am I going to do next week? buy my daughter treats instead of indulging myself. And we'll do daily disco dancing in the living room. And we'll go out with packed lunch and I'll take a large bottle of water with me.

I do want to get some exercise into my day. But I hate exercise. I'm so unfit. Will have to work on that next week, if the weather isn't so bad, walks with my child, visits to national trust.

Last edited:
Have been thinking that I've always done well fasting, I never wanted breakfast growing up, I eat it out of habit but even when not dieting I could drop breakfast. So I am thinking that I could eat one meal a day when I maintain. I kinda did this in my early 20's.

Been looking up who does this once a day eating-a well know retired general has been doing that for decades as does Joanna lumley.

i think I'm one of those people who needs to leave their calories to the end of the day, deferring gratification. That and I'm thinking the 5:2 diet will help, 2 smaller meals twice a week, with a cheat day to celebrate on the weekend.
I def. think waiting to eat at the end of the day will work for me. But who knows, Gotta get there first.

Last edited:
Back