Angie's Exante Adventure

7lbs loss is fantastic well done!

How long ago was your surgery? I had the same surgery 2 weeks ago today and had a bad tummy for the first week, but so far (fingers crossed) being back on Exante is helping with that.

My surgery was nearly 2 months ago, I had something like a gallbladder attack twice in the first month, I've not had any other complications since. Not sure if this was about the gallbladder or a tummy bug. Thinking it must have been a bug as I had a full 48hrs of stomach/bowel spasms, needing to be near the toilet at all times, followed by 2 days of knotted tummy and exhaustion.

But am fine now, it's also meant I'm firmly in ketosis and have already lost 9lb this week, weigh in on Monday.

Was 17.10
Am 15.1
Will be 11.10

Have regained some of the fluid I lost while having gastro problems. Scales said I was 15.4 this am, which I am surprised at, but not too worried, I lost the contents of my stomach for 2 days, it's slowed the transition of food somewhat. I wouldn't be surprised once it all gets going again it will be fine.

So as I am being realistic I'll put down what the scales say,never if I don't like it lol!

Was 17.10
Am 15.4
Next goal 14.10
Ultimate goal 11.10

Good Lord I'm an idiot.

Fell off the wagon. Well actually I burnt the wagon to the ground all through the summer holidays. Ice cream cake cava chocolate sweets. Too much of of everything.
I've put a whole stone back on in 6 weeks.

But today I spent all day drinking black coffee and mint tea til 3pm. Then I had some cold cuts a sachet, then a low gi meal.
Was 17.10 then
Was 15.4
Am now 16.4
Will be 12.7

Good Lord I'm an idiot.

Fell off the wagon. Well actually I burnt the wagon to the ground all through the summer holidays. Ice cream cake cava chocolate sweets. Too much of of everything.
I've put a whole stone back on in 6 weeks.

But today I spent all day drinking black coffee and mint tea til 3pm. Then I had some cold cuts a sachet, then a low gi meal.
Was 17.10 then
Was 15.4
Am now 16.4
Will be 12.7

You'll do it. It's easy to fall off the wagon, but if you are determined you'll get to target. Darcy15 had a bit of a blip but got back on track and she has almost lost everything she gained again. Good luck.

Thank you! I'm in the zone. It's just staying there that's the hard bit.

Okay, it's September 1st, it's Autumn and I very firmly associate this time of year and vlcd.
So far so good.

Have started the day with a tesco's snack pot of 2 boiled eggs and spinach 100cals with a side order of half a shake pack made with more water and a tspoon each of espresso instant and 1 of green and blacks cocoa powder. Makes a decent mocka = 200cals total. Also added a bit pill.

The diet I follow is really a ketogenic diet, no sugar, alcohol or bread, but yes to the odd berry, yes to cold cut meats, yes to spinach and kale and mushrooms, yes to exante and sns products and yes to Atkins.

It's fizzy water, fizzy no cal ginger beer and cream soda (from tesco's) and it's physillium husks and bouillon powder

I am confident I won't let anything past my lips I shouldn't for 2 months. I will be under 14 stone then. I would like to be 13 stone or less by Christmas.

So it appears that I am not able to diet in holiday time. My food elf is just too strong.

First day back at school, signalled the end of the holidays and the end of my excuses.

Had at work, pints of mint tea, black coffee and a tub of tesco's spiced cauliflower for lunch. After was 2 pints of earl grey with milk. Returned home this evening. Had a portion-controlled Caesar salad and water. Tonight I will have a nutty Atkins bar with a cup of earl grey and milk. Low carb, low cal, portion controlled, in control again.

Realised I have a real mental block with getting lower than 15 stone, but I reasoned with myself that I am not truly at 15 stone until my scales show 14.9, cos I always have 5lb of water and glycogen weight I put on. So I am aiming for 14.9 and to stabilise there until my panic abates.

Food 4 tomorrow:
veg pot from tesco's 130 cals
tesco's chicken salad 275cals
Atkins bar: 120
Milk For tea: 100
Exante half pack in iced coffee/late:100
Ham slice if hungry.
Multivit

Was 17.10
Am 16.2
Will be 14.9

Last edited:
I'm jumping in at the end cos not read the rest yet but going to sit and read back now. Really enjoying everyone's diaries and writing one too. Really good motivation!
Hi, not sure if my story will be inspiring, more a cautionary tale, that low carb, Vlcd and calorie counting work if u stick to them, my problem is carrying on once I've lost several stone, then maintaining. Not being too hard on myself, I'm still 1 stone 8lb lighter than this time last year and I only stopped the diet to have surgery. I intend to lose 2 stone quickly then take stock. 3 stone lighter than now would be great for xmas, but I know not to count my chickens

Hi, not sure if my story will be inspiring, more a cautionary tale, that low carb, Vlcd and calorie counting work if u stick to them, my problem is carrying on once I've lost several stone, then maintaining. Not being too hard on myself, I'm still 1 stone 8lb lighter than this time last year and I only stopped the diet to have surgery. I intend to lose 2 stone quickly then take stock. 3 stone lighter than now would be great for xmas, but I know not to count my chickens

Stay positive. Even though their may be some bumps in the road, you will lose the weight. If you don't do the whole amount by Christmas don't feel disheartened and don't abandon your target. Just restart and hit that target in 2017. Like you I lose weight then don't maintain, although I haven't been my goal weight for many years, I lose anywhere from between two and four stone then pile it all back on and more. I'm determined to get to a healthier weight, it's not just about looking better and fitting into clothes but living a healthier lifestyle. I don't want all those obesity related diseases as I get older and as I have diabetics in my family, it's a great incentive. Minimins could be a very good way to help keep the momentum up to maintain our weight loss. We can do this. We will do this.

Hi Angie! Also jumping in near the end as this is a very big diary! Your current diet sounds so yum... It's giving me some inspiration for how to continue when I come off TS in A couple of weeks. I'm also worried about maintaining. X

Thanks pink and Julie.

My problem is I have a well worn pattern of complacency when I reach 14-15 stone after being 17-18 stone. I look better, but not so much better to rock the boat. That and I give my lots of excuses especially around holiday times about why I can't/don't want to be on a diet over holiday times or around people's birthdays, which is why I'm committed to doing this again between 7 September (last family birthday) and Nov 2nd (my birthday), I'e no holidays or birthdays as excuses....

It's my plan to lose shed loads in 8 weeks, then celebrate my birthday, then knuckle down for 6 weeks until mid December, then try not to put on a stone, then lose the last bit from January once school starts again.

I must start weighing regularly again, that and vigalence and zero tolerance for big gains is the only way I have, and am going to, keep the weight off in the long term.

Today's food, vanilla shake in coffee, 2 boiled eggs with spinach from tesco's, a veg pot from tesco's, 2 pieces of ham, milk in tea and an Atkins bar, plus multivitamin.

Have a day off tomorrow, a weak point for me. Not sure how I'm going to tackle it, but it'll probably be with lots of lemon and ginger tea, some chilli salmon and salad and an exante bar and half a shake in coffee, trying to keep it to 600-800 cals. My next day back in work I'll herbal tea all day, no milk and save up my protein and salad, bar and shake in coffee for the evening.

Read parts of this thread, previous entries. I want to aim for something tangible...getting to 13.8 and into my skinny jeans. Yes I want that!

Was 17.10
Am 16.2 (at last weigh in)
Will be able to squeeze into her jeans again=13.8

Will weigh 1st thing tomorrow

Was 17.10
Am 15.13
Short term goal: get to 14.13

First day off for weeks. Have started the day with a black coffee. Am aiming for an all day fast with meal and bar and shake tonight.

Eating anything open the floodgates. Need to go to supermarket and stock up on chewing gum and herbal teas. I know this way of eating is bonkers, but it works and I've lost weight this time of year many times, so feel positive it's going to work this time. The trick is to not cheat in those first few weeks, get the majority of the fat off, then weekly weighing and zero tolerance to weight gain.

I want to get into my nice autumnal clothes again

Last edited:
Weekend rubbishy, but looking to do up day down day if needed. 800cals today with 2 products and some fish. Lots of water and herbal teas.

We trial keeping it 8oo and see how it goes. Fasting all day helps.

Was 15.10 yesterday, but 16.0 today. I know I kept it lean yesterday so not likely diet. Am weighing 2-3 times a week, to keep myself on track. So much easier to keep it low when busy at work. So much harder when at home.
Have a bar to have tonight, late in the evening or I just want more. Will have a Dr Pepper mid evening to tide me over.

Health goal- in bed by 10, asleep by 11.

Was 17.10
Am 16.0
Will be 15 again

Am determined not to lose ground hard earnt, so I am aiming to get down to 15 and maintain there if that's all I do!

Back