Consolidation Anjuschka's journey through Conso (closed)

Hey Anja :)

Congrats on knocking your friend sideways :D.... I haven't seen anyone from pre-dukan months....so I'm hoping to shock a few people around my birthday/xmas....deliberately keeping out of the way for maximum impact :) lol...

Are you still doing weekly WI's during conso?... are you noticing any fluctuations?

x

I have a coffee machine Anja and love it more than my husband!!!!!!!! hehe it keeps me sane and saves loads of money on buying good coffee when im out. I dont think that cheating by having a spoonful of stuff here and there really makes alot of difference, especially if your scales dont think so either ;)

Hi Sarah and Sue,

Hey Anja :)

Congrats on knocking your friend sideways :D.... I haven't seen anyone from pre-dukan months....so I'm hoping to shock a few people around my birthday/xmas....deliberately keeping out of the way for maximum impact :) lol...

Are you still doing weekly WI's during conso?... are you noticing any fluctuations?

x

Yes the surprise was great :) she'd not seen me for months and I guess everyone remembers my pre-diet round face:
Anja Cessford « CARET Website
which has definitely changed!

Yes still doing Fridays and so far the trend is stable and down because I freak out and panic after each weekend and cut back on treats (not on normal items) on top of the bread & cheese I now have 2 fruit a day and a treat nearly everyday :D. Except yesterday!

I have a coffee machine Anja and love it more than my husband!!!!!!!! hehe it keeps me sane and saves loads of money on buying good coffee when im out. I dont think that cheating by having a spoonful of stuff here and there really makes alot of difference, especially if your scales dont think so either ;)

Ok, that's on my Christmas list now!! Hope someone actually asks what I'd like and I'll have to TELL DH - subtle hints are lost on him!
Yes the spoonful here and there - I just see it turning into a bowlful at every meal :), my kids love the rice pudding I have just re-discovered I can make cheaply rather than paying 60p a pot for the Muller version, and it's my fave food too :D

As I'm down again my plan this week is:

Today normal day:
B: Apple&Carrot juice, Dukan bread, cottage cheese (with pineapple), yoghurt
S: treat: 4 little 'nutty bites' (my faves from Tesco, saved these for quite a while as they don't always stock them!)
L: Ham, Tomato, Egg salad with Dukan Mayo. Bread & turkey, Yoghurt
D: Roast chicken & Butternut Squash with cheese, 2 fresh Figs
Evening S: no doubt another biscuit

Week main details:
Sat: Carb / nearly celebration meal: Spinach lasagne, quite Dukan conso friendly but probably a bit over in the cheese dept, even using reduced fat versions.

Tue: Celebration Meal out to Thai restaurant.

Last edited:
ooooooh yummy thai, thats where im going for my bday celebration meal, thanks for putting that on there or i would have forgotten. My hubby hates it :D

Your so lucky that your eating all that and still losing weight. I havent even been having cheese and bread everyday and am only just staying the same and i havent had pasta or rice yet lol. Must be the booze ;)

Anja - watching your progress fills me with confidence that it IS possible!! I do note though that you now do quite a bit of exercise, which is excellent. Did you do much (any?) before? Just curious really...

Kids - you do need to start reintroducing the carbs... else you'll be on Conso for life. Which, to be honest, wouldn't be a bad thing for someone like me as it puts restrictions down and limits me.

Thanks everyone,

yes I keep telling myself that after all I am *supposed* to be introducing the carbs! In small quantities - so if the good doctor needs to express that as '2 slices of bread' and I turn it into '5 teaspoons of rice pudding' then that's my problem ;-)

But I do think everyone reading my diary needs to remember that we're all different and while I am occasionally still losing weight and STS in Conso despite having extras, if you're not, you really need to return to the strict rules!

Exercise - I have not changed my lifestyle - I haven't got time or money to go to the gym etc. It looks a bit like this:
4 days a week cycle to work: between 10 and 15 minutes each way and I always try to push myself to get out of breath. Some minor hills and inclines. On Mondays a longer 20 min cycle to choir rehearsal.
Apart from that - walk to and from school every day - 5 mins. Walk up 2 flight of stairs at work, several times a day.
Our house has 3 floors, today I was watching the cooking downstairs whilst playing with DD2 upstairs and had to run up and down about every 5 minutes (DD1 had requested Rice Pudding again ;-) and that needs WATCHING when on the hob and not in the oven / slow cooker...)
At the weekend we usually manage at least one longer 1hr+ slowish walk with the kids. On Sunday I took DD2 out in the buggy so I managed a brisker pace until she wanted to walk...
I take DD2 swimming on Mondays and we're in the water for 30 mins but I'm really there as support for her so I rarely swim at all and usually just move around the water.
On Tuesdays I go to an Iyengar yoga class, that's fairly strenuous (for strength, not aerobic exercise)

And that's about it. Reasonably active and I *was* reasonably fit before I started losing weight. I am just a bit fitter / more flexible now.

(I'll do another post on weekend food!)

Ok, so I've talked about exercise - well I hope that makes up for the food and treats this weekend.

On top of the meals I had small amounts while cooking etc: Oatibix cereal and porridge, cheese sauce, rice pudding (obviously not together!!)

On Saturday I had:

B: Yoghurt with 2 fresh Figs
s: 3 chocolate fingers
L: Dukan bread with ham; Egg, yoghurt & carrot salad; Yoghurt
S: chocolate biscuit (at social function) They were gorgeous and I had to try hard not to have another one!!
D: Spinach Lasagne, Glass of Wine. home-made Apple Muffin (which my Kids had rejected)

Sunday:
B: Dukan Porridge with stewed apple.
S: Chocolate muffin (shop-bought and a whole one!)
L: Pumpkin soup, bread, yoghurt
S: Mini cheesecakes (with quark & eggs)
D: Cod in Tomato. Cauli mash and broccolli. Yoghurt
S: (working on choir accounts): Mini cheese cakes, diet lemonade.

Today:
B: Fresh orange juice, Dukan Porridge with stewed apple
S: bread with quark and ts of Pumpkin& Lemon Jam (homemade)
L: Leftovers: pumpkin soup, bread& cheese. Fish in tomato, broccoli. Yoghurt. A little rice pudding.
S: Mini cheesecakes
D: Don't know yet! Something with Leeks in it. I also have smoked mackerel and cottage cheese in the fridge...

I was supposed to go out for a meal tomorrow but I think it may be deferred to next week so I'll have my carb meal then. Maybe a BAKED POTATO, there's is something I've missed.

wow anju !! u are such a busy little bee !!!!!! well done !!

Thanks - this was only to show Jo what kind of exercise I get in my everyday life even though I don't go to the gym etc.

I wonder if getting up really early makes a difference? Today both kids were running around (DD1 fully dressed, DD2 just in pants and socks & trailing T-shirt & trousers clamouring for help) at 6am! Why on earth? It's holiday time to DD1, she never gets up that early on a normal schoolday!

Anyway, on a whim I stepped on the scales and: another loss 61.7kg
Hmm.... Depending on how it looks at the end of the week I think I'm going to switch to Phase 2 Conso right now with 2 carb meals and 2 normal ones, I'll see about the 'celebration' aspect.
Otherwise I'm just going to use every loss as an excuse to increase my snacking. Yesterday made a (very lean) honey cake with the kids, and we all had a slice, including me. The rest was a normal Conso day.

I did take a few nutty bites in my packed lunch today, but I also had a little chocolate roll/bite type thing as it was someone's birthday again.
B: Dukan porridge & fruit yogurt
S: 4 Nutty bites, chocolate mini roll
L: Smoked Mackerel & egg, bread with ham, chunk of Gouda, pear
S (at home with visitor): piece of honey cake
D: chicken stew (carrots, onions, apple, tarragon), brown rice, yoghurt with pineapple for dessert.

Hooray it was pay-day today I can finally stop watching my bank balance in fear for a little while!

That was a great read Anja and you're absolutely right to move onto phase 2 in your situation. You are indeed a very active lady. I bet you find those three flights easier now to go up and down repeatedly.

Since restarting this year, I've made a point of avoiding lifts (unless laden with shopping) and it now doesn't occur to me to wait for the office one (3rd floor). Walking an hour in the morning has now become such a fixture in my life that I miss it if I don't do it and find my stress levels far higher at work.

However, to walk to work, I did have to initially put my alarm clock on half an hour earlier and although I'm now used to getting up at 6am, these dark mornings aren't much fun. Roll on the clock change Saturday night (same for you guys?) for a little more light in the morning (for a short while at least!).

I do think regular physical activity, in some form or other, is a prerequisite to stabilising one's weight loss...

Thanks again Anja for sharing your lumières...

Yeah the clocks go back this weekend here too Jo... it seems unusual happening on hallowe'en...usually that's been and gone before the clock changes....:)

Good morning everyone, another busy day here. Half-term? not for me! Not having to take DD1 to school gives me more flexibility in the times I work (as long as I do the hours) so I can turn up later and leave later which helps balance home / work!

Last night had a remedial yoga therapy session to see if my bruising is caused by something I do wrong (about the bruising see: http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/171922-take-your-vitamins.html#post2881245) so that tied up most of my evening.

By the way I still take the extra vit C and multi, and have maybe missed one day since I made that post/discovery. I also eat fruit & veg 6 days a week now. No great improvement visible though I am telling my self that the area of bruising is slowly getting smaller, more patchy.

Tonight I am going to see the auditor to balance the choir accounts, so my weekly shop that normally happens in the evening I did this Morning. And I was still at work by 10, and I already have finished two big things that were waiting for me... Coffee break time I think!

Food PP today:
B: Dukan bread with ham, yoghurt
L: mackerel with yoghurt & mustard sauce, egg, yoghurt
D: Omelette and smoked salmon, cottage cheese 'sauce'. Yoghurt

Yes I know I'm OD-ing on eggs but as I don't eat as many the rest of the time I recon it should be okay.

Food yesterday:
B: Dukan bread with quark and a ts of home made jam. Fruit yoghurt. Apple juice
S: Lean honey cake 1 small slice
L: Crayfish salad, Bread with ham, Cottage cheese, pear
S(pre-yoga): small omelette with cheese.
D: Leftover chicken and veg stew from Tuesday with a small portion of brown rice. Fruit yoghurt
Evening Treat: one nice biscuit, a couple of sips of wine.

wow anja you certainly are active. I think thats why i am scared to introduce too many carbs in my diet because apart from running after the kids, housework and using the WII fit a couple of times a week i dont really do any excercise. To be honest i would rather eat less food lol. Your menus sound great and it will be interesting to read how stage two conso goes for you.

How come you don't get the overly lengthy holidays others in your profession get Anja?

Interesting ref vitamins... I'm continuing (particularly as I came across a chemist with an offer on Vitamin C - so I stocked up) irrespective and hope to avoid sniffles and coughs as I have the past few years... (now I've jinxed myself!).

I just found a link for confiture de lait - Dukan style - if you're interested Anja (I put a rough translation on Mouse's thread):
Confiture de lait trop bonne (sans lait concentré), recette Dukan - Recettes Dukan pour régime hyper protéiné du Dr Dukan

How come you don't get the overly lengthy holidays others in your profession get Anja?

ah no - I'm not a TEACHER, I'm not even in a school - they have the long holidays...I'm just a normal member of staff at a Univeristy. I'm 'academic related' and I get just the same holiday as all other academics at Cambridge University - about 5 weeks. Of course some people can take 'study leave' and 'sabbaticals' but they're not on holiday then!

I just found a link for confiture de lait - Dukan style - if you're interested Anja (I put a rough translation on Mouse's thread):
Confiture de lait trop bonne (sans lait concentré), recette Dukan - Recettes Dukan pour régime hyper protéiné du Dr Dukan

Mmmmh thanks:D! I might try that at the weekend if feeling brave (jar in pressure cooker), the general idea certainly is YUM. French recipes always confuse me when they refer to mixing bowls as salad bowls (for some reason I always have visions of colanders)!

Oh and I have FINALLY had my hair CUT just now. Tidy again, no more Princess Diana impressions :eek:

wow anja you certainly are active. I think thats why i am scared to introduce too many carbs in my diet because apart from running after the kids, housework and using the WII fit a couple of times a week i dont really do any excercise. To be honest i would rather eat less food lol. Your menus sound great and it will be interesting to read how stage two conso goes for you.

Well if you start with Stage 1 I think you'll be quite safe! Just do it gradually as you feel comfortable. As I and some other found, we couldn't actually stomach the 200gr pasta in one sitting, so just have a bit less to start with. But on the other hand, when you're ready, don't put it off.
As long as you can get the 30 mins walk or equivalent in, then Dukan works. I was scared too but found myself still losing weight.

Anyway I may *sound* active but really it is not that much, cycling up and down the hill once a day. I'm sure you're expending just as much energy running after your kids!

Ha, now I've had it - a proper restaurant celebration meal!

Went out for lunch with DD1 and DH, had Calzone Pizza, it was stuffed with bacon and cheese, half a starter of loaded potato skins too. And - a Diet coke (why not go the whole hog?). We went to Fankie & Bennys. Dessert: Coffee and biscuit(s)

So now I have to replan my whole week's eating because tomorrow was supposed to be a (simple) 'celebration' meal at home. ah well never mind, it was worth it - my first Pizza in 6 months!

the rest of today:
B: dukan porridge, 1 plum, yoghurt
L: see above
D: Baked Squash, smoked Mackerel. yoghurt

Main weekend meals:
Sat: Something that's not 'fresh Bacon Ravioli with spinach and cheese sauce' followed by chocolate mousse.
Sun: Carb meal: Lean Chilli Con carne (with kidney beans this time), with brown rice.

On the weigh-in front - after Tuesday's unscheduled loss I have caught up with myself - this morning I was STS on last week. Phew. Also shows how erratic the daily weighing can be: apart from the mini chocolate roll on Tue I had no major transgressions on my normal conso plan, my carb day was Tuesday too, followed by PV and PP and still I was up 1lb on Tue AM.
I'm still going to go for tentative Phase 2 Conso now with more carb meals but I think not 2 full-blown celebration meals.

Yes thanks I made sure I enjoyed every mouthful despite a restaurant full of screaming kids (not quite, but service was abysmal!)

Back