Another idea for syn free chips!

Had these chips for tea and really enjoyed them. Thank you again for sharing the recipe :D x x

Daisydoo ,I love your name my baby loves upsy daisy from in the night garden and this is what she calls her ,bless!!

wood it wurk wi fish then?? be like batter??
I don't think it would work as batter it is a very light coating not like batter really.
I think to get it to stick to fish you would have to coat the fish in flour which would add loads of syns.

I have done these and they are ok but find it quicker to do sw chips or use activfry

sound and look good will be trying them next time i have sw chips! :)

X

wow that sounds good! I havent had SW chips for ages!! I hate using just egg whites though...seems like a waste to just chuck the yolks! xxx

wow that sounds good! I havent had SW chips for ages!! I hate using just egg whites though...seems like a waste to just chuck the yolks! xxx

I think you can freeze egg yolk? I seem to remember Nigella having a bag in her freezer?

Just did a wee search and it's not that easy http://www.ochef.com/479.htm

But you can store for three days in the fridge and make yourself some custard!

If you made egg and chips could you just add the yolk to the pan with the other egg and make it a double yolker?

Interesting idea! Thank you. I don't have an oven but I use a Remoska cooker and just cut up potatoes and put them in until they are brown. Don't usually bother with boiling them first, but I must admit the proper SW chips are lovely when my sister cooks them!

I think when I try them im going to parboil them and then coat them in egg? Hopefully this will make them really soft on the inside and really crispy on the outside :) xxx

I think when I try them im going to parboil them and then coat them in egg? Hopefully this will make them really soft on the inside and really crispy on the outside :) xxx

I stuck mine in the microwave so much better than parboiling as microwaves cook from the inside out ,so the middle is fluffy and the outsides crispy.
I do my roasties like this too :)

Hubby made them for us last night like this, I must say they were a lot better than normal!

Thanks for the tip! :D

Back