Another LT male steps forth

Thanks guys, I really value your comments, I haven't eaten anything today but I put my desire to use and have made the family, steak and ale pie and pecan pie!

So my loss is their gain (all puns intended)!!

Anyway I feel good I want to look good and it's all in my head!

Thanks!!

woop woop cherrycoke! youre in a good zone :) well done on making all that food! i couldnt do it,,but i suppose its easier when you realise you can deal with it and not eat it, so therefore not put any weight on!!

keep your head in the zone and you will fly! youre doing really well! x

That need to chew is a killer isn't it :( Have you tried the flapjacks yet? They are an acquired taste, but definitely something to chew on! (understatement lol). What about mixing your shakes up a bit and having coffee with the vanilla and peppermint tea with the choc? or are you already doing that? What about mixing the shake with crushed ice - can crunch a bit on the ice then, which might help with the need to chew. I know none of this is the same as tucking into a meal - even a really healthy one! But, this is for such a relatively short time in our life, and will lead to us having a longer life with our families and the ones we love :) So we must keep our eye on the prize!

xx

Jayne and Pudge, thanks for the support, I haven't tried the bars yet, I will need to at some point before my jaw forgets how to chew!

I didn't think I would get to Day 12, so I am doing something right, I can do this I know I can!

I agree Jayne if I look at this as a small price to pay for the rest of my life!

:)

Hi Cherrycoke, I'm just catching up on your journey so far, I haven't read your diary before, even though we've crossed paths in other threads, don't worry I won't keep harping on about it ;) you know what I mean! lol

I just wanted to say its really refreshing to hear a male point of view and see that we're not so different after all. Well, when it comes to dieting and food anyway! I always thought it was easier for men after going on diet after diet with my hubby and the weight dropping off him while I struggle with a 1lb/2lb loss. I do realise that he's always put the weight back on afterwards too and I know he does struggle with his weight in a similar way to me, so I know its not all peachy in man-world! He is considering getting on LT with me because he's seen how well I've got on so far. I think the elimination of food appeals to him for the same reasons as all of us... he needs some time out to re-evaluate his relationship with food.

It's great how you can get on with the cooking, it's useful for when we're all making our healthy meals from scratch when we're "better" Good on you, long may it last! You sound like you're really in the zone and I look forward to reading all about your journey and one day hope to see some before/after pics!

xx

P.S. Fantastic loss this week! Congratulations! Feels great to be rewarded for your hard work doesn't it? :)

Hi PaulaJ, thanks for your kind comments, yes I know what you are talking about! As long as you don't start calling me Magnum PI!!

I have also found when I used to diet with my ex I would consistently lose less each week, which annoyed her! But like you OH, I have always put on plus a little more!

I think the reason I am now bigger than I have ever been is comfort eating from my break up through my divorce and then finding the love of my life who loves cooking!

In my precious relationship we never ate together, I hadn't had sit down evening meals since I lived at home, my wife cooks hot meals every night, we sit down as a family and talk, it's wonderful! Her meals are healthy and nutritious, but I snack like a son of a *****, I go to buy bread to make us some lunch and buy myself a sandwich for the journey home, and then have the homemade sandwich too that's not right!

I have a food addiction, it's not until you break the cycle on a diet like this that you can see how much control it has over you!

I'm fed up feeling fat, I'm fed up of comments by so called friends, I am fed up of never seeing a decent picture of me!

My wife loves me as I am, everything I am doing is for me, no one else, I want to feel like I did it 2007, people complimented me, it was fantastic!

Anyway, knowing I have a problem is the start, this is fantastic to be on and coping with it and although sitting with them at the dinner table drinking my shake feels a little odd, I know I will be eating with then in the future, feeling and looking better!

Keep strong guys!

Hi PaulaJ, thanks for your kind comments, yes I know what you are talking about! As long as you don't start calling me Magnum PI!!

I have also found when I used to diet with my ex I would consistently lose less each week, which annoyed her! But like you OH, I have always put on plus a little more!

I think the reason I am now bigger than I have ever been is comfort eating from my break up through my divorce and then finding the love of my life who loves cooking!

In my precious relationship we never ate together, I hadn't had sit down evening meals since I lived at home, my wife cooks hot meals every night, we sit down as a family and talk, it's wonderful! Her meals are healthy and nutritious, but I snack like a son of a *****, I go to buy bread to make us some lunch and buy myself a sandwich for the journey home, and then have the homemade sandwich too that's not right!

I have a food addiction, it's not until you break the cycle on a diet like this that you can see how much control it has over you!

I'm fed up feeling fat, I'm fed up of comments by so called friends, I am fed up of never seeing a decent picture of me!

My wife loves me as I am, everything I am doing is for me, no one else, I want to feel like I did it 2007, people complimented me, it was fantastic!

Anyway, knowing I have a problem is the start, this is fantastic to be on and coping with it and although sitting with them at the dinner table drinking my shake feels a little odd, I know I will be eating with then in the future, feeling and looking better!

Keep strong guys!

What a wonderfully honest post!! You and your family deserve to be slim, fit and you already have the happiness... Well done!

i can only echo what Su said,, what a great and honest post! Its great that you have found the one ,, and you know she will support you through it all! It must be hard for her, for you to not be eating her lovely meals as well as it being hard for you!!..

As for food addiction, you never really realise before how much damage it does to you! I like this diet because it gives time away from food and we can think about how it affects us instead of having to deal with it every day. Sometimes i think it would be great if we never had to deal with it again but thats not true,,, and im probably a bit glad because i would really miss it! but one day we will have to face it and i hope that that day we can all face it and not be scared by what damage we will do but face it with confidence knowing that we are in control! It will be a GREAT day! :)

xx

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate your kind comments!

Day13: oh my god, I have had enough of this, I physically groaned this morning as I reached for the plain White sachet of powder to pour into water and blend into a drink!

Even the bright pink which usually makes me think I would like to drink this, made me sad!

I drank it down as quickly as I could but it was like taking a spoon of medicine!

I am bored, bored, bored...last night I dreamed of a kebab, not doner meat (although that would have done nicely), but succulent cubes of flame cooked chicken, wrapped up in a naan bread with sauces and salad galore! What a dream, it was even better than the dreams of sam fox and linda lusardi when I was a teenager! :p

I will stick with this because the goal is bigger than my desire to eat, but god it is dull!

Sorry to be such a downer, I am just a little fed up, yesterday I felt really flu like and I thought I should eat something to feel a bit better, classic mistake!

Anyway that's how I'm doing!! Good luck guys!

This day is getting no better, I know I'm not going eat anything but I'm not feeling it today!

Sorry to be a bummer!

I am bored, bored, bored...last night I dreamed of a kebab, not doner meat (although that would have done nicely), but succulent cubes of flame cooked chicken, wrapped up in a naan bread with sauces and salad galore! What a dream, it was even better than the dreams of sam fox and linda lusardi when I was a teenager! :p

I will stick with this because the goal is bigger than my desire to eat, but god it is dull!

I totally get what you're saying, and well done for fighting the cravings. You know that a chicken kebab will still be there when you finish LT and is a pretty good choice for "unhealthy food" so its good that you're craving that, rather than... well I won't mention anything else because I'm salivating at the thought and I'm sure you don't need any other distractions! I'm craving lean protein type foods and if I'm honest I think that's secretly because I've read stories on here where people have eaten them and got away with it! I will NOT go down that route (I hope lol)

I'm bored too, and also drinking my shakes like medicine, I'm just getting through it one day at a time. You're doing fab, try not to be too fed up! What day is your weigh in again? xx

Hi cherrycoke, could you maybe do some fun things which dont involve food or think about booking a trip in the future. I do see my shakes as medicine to make me slim so I dont have to enjoy or like them but i need them and they work. When you get to your second weigh in you are defo going to have lost over a stone in 2 weeks how amazing is that?? :)

Thanks for writing, my weigh day is Monday, I am filling my day with cleaning and other mundane activities! Bit it's hard, roll on Monday!

Daisy1966 said:
Hi cherrycoke, could you maybe do some fun things which dont involve food or think about booking a trip in the future. I do see my shakes as medicine to make me slim so I dont have to enjoy or like them but i need them and they work. When you get to your second weigh in you are defo going to have lost over a stone in 2 weeks how amazing is that?? :)

Yeah that will be amazing! I have a trip booked in Feb for our first wedding anniversary but that is kinda stressing me out as I would like it to be normal (eg: a meal) but will cross that bridge when I get to it!

Last Sept it was my daughter's 18th and I was really worried about taking attention away from her evening (as it was a sit down meal) by not eating because some people just wouldnt have understood, my pharmacist told me if I felt I needed to eat on just that one occassion to stick to grilled chicken and a small salad and I would be fine. Luckily after talking to my family they thought I had done so well they said they wouldnt mind me not eating, so I didnt I took all the photos and fussed about lol. So dont worry too much just stay strong and If you do decide to have a one meal break then just plan it. :)

Thanks, it's difficult isn't it, because you want to live a normal life, do normal things, the worst part is getting back on a plan like this!

Today truly has been the worst day since I started, I have been bored, famished, ratty all sorts!

I have felt like jacking it in every minute!

:(

whatever you do dont do it.. i slipped off today and its soo not worth it!! not even one tiny little bit! everything you expect it to be it is not!!.. just keep at it! i know you will :) xx

Thanks Pudge, my wife has been so positive in encouraging me to continue, I think if she had cracked on me I would have gone!

Thats really great Cherrycoke, She obviously loves you very much and wants you to succeed! I know you are doing it for you but I can tell you don't want to disappoint her. You're lucky to have such a supportive partner as am I, it feels good that someone has got your back. xx

Back