another newbie

Wow, you've done great so far! :)
Just wanted to say hello, I'd love to be a size 16/18 by June too.. It's tough though, isn't it? ):
Good luck x

sorry, i wasn't ignoring you!! in all my self pitying glory i seem to have just skipped to the last page and only today clocked your post at the bottom of the previous.

yes it's tough, but for me my weight is the biggest problem in my life- i'm very lucky and have a wonderful fiancé, a secure home, fab friends and a very happy life generally- so to let something so silly as my overeating and extra weight bring me down is just ridiculous. i can and will do this!

good luck for your goal, you can do it! i can't wait til someone comes out with a camera and i don't run and hide hehe xx

Hope the interview goes well, whats it for? I got one at end of the month but I panic so much at those sorts of things so very worried! x

it's just for answering phones for a taxi company, but it'd tide me by for now! plus its just monday to friday which is excellent, my last job was all hours of the day including sleepovers so it's nice to be at home. i'm hoping to learn some new skills in 2010 (jewellery making and dressmaking) and become self employed at some point. whats your interview for? x

That's good how do you think it went? Hope it went well

Mine is for an underwriter trainee. Starts on £20k+ so I am punching way above my weight but thought I'd give it a go! Problem is the average age for an underwriter is aroud 45-50 so they are going to look at me and go "No....she's way too young!"x

ChunkyLass
You need to believe this is the job for you so don't put yourself down before you have even walked through the door.

Prepare well for the interview, there are some great sites on the internet so you don't get tounge tied when they ask you why the job is for you and what are your strengths and weaknesess, always my problem questions! You can show them age is not an issue.

I need to do as I preach and start looking for a new job myself!

CollyStrings
How are you feeling? How did the interview go and when do you find out?

Funny enough I was thinking only today about jewellery making as a hobby to take up. Years ago I had my palm read and they told me to do it but I am so uncreative I never bothered. Now seeing your comment and beacuse I had it on my mind earlier it is really uncanny.

That's good how do you think it went? Hope it went well

Mine is for an underwriter trainee. Starts on £20k+ so I am punching way above my weight but thought I'd give it a go! Problem is the average age for an underwriter is aroud 45-50 so they are going to look at me and go "No....she's way too young!"x

i think it went okay- to be honest it's poorly paid and i'm not 100% keen on it but if i get it i'm happy, if i don't i'm not broken hearted :)

and average is boring ;) go for it! just gotta show them you can be better than anyone else could be. x

ChunkyLass
You need to believe this is the job for you so don't put yourself down before you have even walked through the door.

Prepare well for the interview, there are some great sites on the internet so you don't get tounge tied when they ask you why the job is for you and what are your strengths and weaknesess, always my problem questions! You can show them age is not an issue.

I need to do as I preach and start looking for a new job myself!

CollyStrings
How are you feeling? How did the interview go and when do you find out?

Funny enough I was thinking only today about jewellery making as a hobby to take up. Years ago I had my palm read and they told me to do it but I am so uncreative I never bothered. Now seeing your comment and beacuse I had it on my mind earlier it is really uncanny.

i'm feeling okay, throat's still a bit sore. was desperate for something sweet last night and it just WOULD NOT go away, i wonder if my body is feeling a bit run down with illness and is shouting at me to take more in! so i caved but i went and got ingredients and made low fat banoffee cheesecakes and they were fab! i used 200g extra light soft cheese, 200g 0% greek yoghurt, 4 tablespoons of sweetener and some vanilla essence all mixed together, spooned into a wine glass over 2 crushed reduced fat digestives and with a drizzle of toffee sauce and chopped banana! it hit the spot. think it works out about 350cals per serving (that made 4, o/h had 2 last night and there's one in the fridge) but it was worth it :)

and you should go for it! the course running in my area is only £80, think it's well worth it to learn something new. i've always wanted to do something creative as i can really see myself being much happier in my life working for myself. x

Well fingers crossed for you.

The cheesecake sounds lovely!! A friend of mine has a creative side and makes jewellery she has done some lovely pieces for me, good luck to you both if you start doing it xx

to be honest i think it would even help with my weight loss as i find if i have something to sit and tinker with it whittles the hours away and stops me tinkering with bloody food lol x

Only £80 I though it would be a lot more expensive than that. I will definitley have to look into it , although I really need to look for a new job first then I can concentrate on something else.

It would be helpful to me as well as I am a fidget and that is probably why I have always snacked in the past.

Thanks Chunkylass. I know someone I went to school with has set up a website selling jewellery so who knows....

Good on you for baking. I am so hopeless in the kitchen, can't cook, won't cook!

Sorry to hear the job is not perfect, when do you hear? Have you got any other interviews lined up?

Hi Colly, hope you had a good weekend x

Only £80 I though it would be a lot more expensive than that. I will definitley have to look into it , although I really need to look for a new job first then I can concentrate on something else.

It would be helpful to me as well as I am a fidget and that is probably why I have always snacked in the past.

Thanks Chunkylass. I know someone I went to school with has set up a website selling jewellery so who knows....

Good on you for baking. I am so hopeless in the kitchen, can't cook, won't cook!

Sorry to hear the job is not perfect, when do you hear? Have you got any other interviews lined up?

should hear this week and unfortunately not no... not a great time of year to be job hunting!!

Hi Colly, hope you had a good weekend x

hi, it was ok, to be honest diet wise it was fairly diabolical, i weighed in on fri and had only lost about 1lb :( it's time of the month, i don't know if that has anything to do with it, but i well and truly fell off the diet wagon on saturday. never mind- i'm back on it today! hope your weekend was good too doll x

OOH also i went into new look today and bought a dress in size 16!! and it fits!! i don't care if it's just cause of the style/sizing/whatever it's the first time in ages i've been able to buy and fit into a 16. hehe x

So long as it fits and you feel good that is all that matters.

Glad to hear you are back on the wagon. That was my mistake in the past I fell off and could never get back on properly!

Size 16...get u skinny lol! Well done, You're doing great so far! x

Lol. I'm usually a 20-22 so I think it was either mislabelled or just made big! I'm loving it tho! X

Hi Colly, hope week went well, any news on the job? Have a good weekend x

thank you lovely ladies, i hope your weekends were both fab too.

i've not had a brilliant week again, no excuses really but just a few things worrying me, i've been sticking to the diet one day and then not the next. i'm not sure if i've lost weight or not- sometimes the scales show 1lb down then the next second they show me as staying the same. never mind.

went shopping this weekend and got a denim dress from tesco and a black dress from peacocks- tesco's clothes are bloody ace sometimes, i love them! i also got one of those full body shaper things, not the pants, it's more like a slip on dress but it sort of holds in my flabby bits a bit better than letting them hang loose :eek:

possibly going on a beach holiday with my (SLIM!!!) friends in september, so would really like to be slim enough that i won't cry when i see the photos. not looking for miracles, just that i don't cry. haha.

x

oh and i didn't get the job- i'm quite glad really as i didn't have a good feeling about it anyway. c'est la vie!

Back