another newbie

Sorry to hear about the job, even if you didn't want it. I really need to pull my finger out and start looking for something for me really soon.

You have plenty of time between now and September to get yourself where you want to be. September is my goal as it is my 40th so you will get there.

I know somedays you don't stick to your diet but how about an eating plan and then when you have done well a little treat. I know on my diet if I didn't have my chocolate treat to look forward to I doubt I would have stuck it out. By the way, worrying about things will not help so please try to stop stressing. I know.... easier said then done!

I weigh myself about once a month, as my diet works on an average of a stone a month but if I do feel like cheating I never weigh myself more than once a week. I think over a few days our weight may change slightly, up or down depending on what we are wearing etc. Try to just weight yourself once a week and that way you should see a difference.

Just my suggestions that may help.

Where did you get the body shaper? and is it comfortable.

New clothes sound nice, I'll be happy when I can shop in Tesco cos I love some of there clothes. Suzy is right about stress not helping, but like she said easier said than done to not worry. I wouldnt be too concerned you;ve lost weight so far, if the weight stops shifting then you may need to reassess. Hope u had a good week so far x

Yes I think we all know not to stress is easier said than done but we still all do it.

I know I often lay awake in bed worrying until I have to tell myself it is not going to make any difference how much I worry so stop it and go to sleep. I get there eventually....

Sorry to hear about the job, even if you didn't want it. I really need to pull my finger out and start looking for something for me really soon.

You have plenty of time between now and September to get yourself where you want to be. September is my goal as it is my 40th so you will get there.

I know somedays you don't stick to your diet but how about an eating plan and then when you have done well a little treat. I know on my diet if I didn't have my chocolate treat to look forward to I doubt I would have stuck it out. By the way, worrying about things will not help so please try to stop stressing. I know.... easier said then done!

I weigh myself about once a month, as my diet works on an average of a stone a month but if I do feel like cheating I never weigh myself more than once a week. I think over a few days our weight may change slightly, up or down depending on what we are wearing etc. Try to just weight yourself once a week and that way you should see a difference.

Just my suggestions that may help.

Where did you get the body shaper? and is it comfortable.

to be honest i've not been too bad on the whole, just a few days where i've not been feeling up to cooking etc. i think what i really need to do is weigh myself on boots scales once a week or once a fortnight because my scales are dodgy as! the reason i keep weighing myself is because it keeps being different from minute to minute and i think i'm looking for the answer i like best! ha! i do think i have lost about 2lb on average according to my own scales, i weighed on my grans scales yesterday and they showed me as about 1/2st less than my own, wooo boy do i like her scales!! so yes, i need to go to boots etc and get weighed properly so i know how much i really am.

i'm not too bad for treats- my weak point is to always have some sort of dessert in the evening, but now instead of something fatty i always have an alpen choc and fudge bar or a fruit lolly, both of which are about 70cal. just need to keep my mind on the goal- it's overwhelming to think about though.

not feeling so stressed today. :) last night i went on moneysavingexpert's gym page and signed up for some free trials, so when they come through i'll have something to do for a week or so. my jewellery class starts on saturday so i'm quite excited for that! will report back how i get on.

and i look forward to seeing photos of you looking svelte and gorgeous on your 40th! ;)

New clothes sound nice, I'll be happy when I can shop in Tesco cos I love some of there clothes. Suzy is right about stress not helping, but like she said easier said than done to not worry. I wouldnt be too concerned you;ve lost weight so far, if the weight stops shifting then you may need to reassess. Hope u had a good week so far x

hey doll you too, i'm definitely shifting weight albeit slower than i'd like, need to get my arse into gear and exercise more hence the gym trials, i don't intend on signing up because i simply cannot afford it but hoping it might give me the exercise motivation kick start i need to get on my own bike at home more often. tesco do have some fab clothes, sometimes they have some nice bits in their bigger size section as well as their run of the mill range, have you had a look there? i always said i'd love to be size 16 so i could shop in the top end of skinny shops and the bottom end of bigger shops- all the selection in the world! hehe x

Don't talk to me about shops. Sainsburys TU clothing is bigger than ASDA. I can get away with a smaller size at Sainsburys. Whenever I look in the Bigger shops they normally only have really big sizes and the other shops don'thave big enough. I seem to just live in jeans and baggy jumpers.

When I get a new job I don't know what I will do as in my job now I can wear what I want. I know though that any other office I will need to be suited. On my first day at this job I wore my suit and split it whilst waiting in reception for them to come and take me to my office.

I can't afford to buy new clothes at the moment, especially as I plan on them being to big for me soon.

I may have to dig in the loft and see what fits me from years ago....

best of luck with finding something new job wise, might be worth a look in charity shops for suits? or could you get away with smart trousers and a shirt/blouse perhaps? sometimes new look have some cheap stuff in their inspire section. x

Hi

Thanks for the tips. I thought New Look was for skinnys! I have never found anything I like in a charity shop, I guess I am too big and too fussy.

If I need a suit I need to feel good in it, at least as good as I can. I will have another look soon but I just don't hold out much hope!!!!

just logging in on mobile cause im so happy; weighed myself at boots for a definitive answer to my weight, and i cant believe it- im 19st 10 and out of the morbidly obese category!! X

Well done hun! Hope you had a good weekend x

thanks! and yeah it was okay, was at my jewellery class on sat so that was good. i was at the doc this morning and i got weighed and she found me to be 19st 11 but i had on wet uggs so i'm probably thinking i've not put on much, if anything. been quite enjoying the ww plan, and bought various weight watchers desserts over the weekend, only had one so far, a caramel shortcake ice cream tub, and it was bloody ace. 3 points so barely a dent considering i get 31 a day. x

thank you! i'm petrified in case i step on the scales again and i'm back up to morbid obesity! gonna have to be really good this week and do some exercise too. went to look round a bannatynes gym today, am wondering if i can justify the cost and hope i can. £34 a month for off peak which would be ideal, so that's what, £8 a week? tied in for 12 months though, which is a scary thought. plus i have to pay £40 joining fee. but it'd be a small price to pay for better weight loss.

how are you getting on yourself suzy? x

Do you not have any cheaper gyms nearby? We have a YMCA locally and that is the most reasonable.

Otherwise I would try to see if you can get something off. At least the joining fee if nothing else. One advantage of my diet is I can be lazy and do not need to exercise to lose, although I have noticed I am power walking getting the boys to school as they run on ahead and I am not stopping every few yards to get my breath back like I was.

You know you have done really well so don't worry about the scales, you have until next week before you get on them again.

Do you not have any cheaper gyms nearby? We have a YMCA locally and that is the most reasonable.

Otherwise I would try to see if you can get something off. At least the joining fee if nothing else. One advantage of my diet is I can be lazy and do not need to exercise to lose, although I have noticed I am power walking getting the boys to school as they run on ahead and I am not stopping every few yards to get my breath back like I was.

You know you have done really well so don't worry about the scales, you have until next week before you get on them again.

yeah there are, but the bannatynes is just so nice compared to others i've been to and it's close to my home too. i will try to haggle, i have no idea how to haggle with gym people though! it's tomorrow i weigh in again :eek: this week has gone by so quickly!

that's great that you are feeling the effects, you're doing really well. when is your weigh in? how old are your boys? :) x

wait, i posted that 4 days ago? i'm confused! i thought i did that last thursday! maybe it was friday. my mind is something else, really!

You have totally confused me!!!

Good luck with getting something of the fee. I can haggle but I don't know how I do it. I love doing it in the markets abroad.

I am going to weigh myself tomorrow on the hospital scales as I was there last week, (to see how they compare to my home ones,) but normally I try not to weigh myself to often. That way I have a pleasant surprise but I do have a sneaky look every now and then just to prove to myself I am losing.

My boys are nearly 5 (this weekend) and 3 1/2. We are doing a party tomorrow for about 25-30 kids....... with an entertainer! I am getting a headache just thinking about it!

i've confused myself too if it's any consolation!! haha. it's not being in work that does it, i lose track of the days and get in a right muddle!

i love haggling abroad too, but i think they're more open to it than us brits would be.

hope the scales show what you want to see suzy! i'm sure they will. i'm thinking about heading down to boots for a weigh in today :)

oh wow, 30 children! i'm sure it won't be the quietest of times:eek: but it sounds like fun too! what a lovely mum you are, my mum never let me have parties like that when i was growing up! is it at your house or have you hired somewhere? if it's at your house i hope you've bubble wrapped everything you own! x

Hi

Glad I am not the only one that gets confused. I just changed my ticker and realised I had all my figures wrong...... I don't know where I used the convertor last time but it didn't tally up with the charts at the hospital at all........

Party went well..... 25 kids as I had a few cancellations and it was in a hall with an entertainer, no way would I have it at home. On the morning I had a panic and asked the entertainer to cover the whole party. Just as well as I never had anytime to myself with getting the food out and then cleared away. It was nice that a few of the mums that stayed said I had done a great spread, I just forget to put out any fruit!!! The only chocolate was mini choc chip muffins so hopefully when the little darlings got home Friday evening they weren't bouncing of the walls too much!

I did panic when I was picking my son up from school as mum phoned to say buy some more bread as one of her dogs had just eaten a tray of sandwiches she had by the front door ready to load into the car. The queue in the shop was soo long I walked out without the bread. I threw a few sandwiches away so just as well we didn't make up an extra tray!

Altogether it cost a small fortune and I doubt I will do it again unless I win the lotto!

How was your weekend?

wow, you're doing so well! over half way to your target, that's brilliant.

i'm doing good thanks! i didn't have a great weekend food wise. well i did, but not healthy food wise! but i did a wi today and was down a bit so that's always good.

that sounds really stressful! but fun too :) and i'm sure you've very popular for making the effort. did you have a good weekend after that? x

Back