Another "They Fit!!" Thread

soshbfly

Silver Member
I absolutely cannot believe this is happening in such a short time (today is 18th day on Dukan) but I had a pair of US12 Gap jeans that I've held onto for 9 years (the last time I squeezed my butt into them). It is seriously the ONLY item of clothing I've owned that didn't fit these last years.

Anywho - was thinking my US14s were a bit baggy and on a whim dug out the 12's and I cannot believe this, but THEY FIT!!

Amazing. These jeans fit me at my smallest ever weight (before I stablised about 10lbs heavier).

This is so flipping encouraging!!! YAY!!! Makes up for cr*p day yesterday :D.

Yes, it even got better this afternoon as I raided my neighbour's closet as I'm going to a ball next weekend and my dress doesn't look as great on me as it did before (its supposed to hug my curves, but just sits there now!). Well, I tried on loads of her stuff - all 16's... and nearly everything fit! Including a nice evening top from Coast and a full-length gown which I'll probably end up wearing. Woo-hoo!!! I was getting a buzz every time another zipper went up! :D

Oh wow that sounds amazing! Well done and HAVE FUN at the ball!

That's fabulous! I love it when something previously tiny becomes wearable...

Speaking of which, although it's "jeans" day at work today it's going to be 25°C so far too hot for them, so I ironed some khaki Liz Claiborne cut offs my friend mailed me from the US (size 8) and they fit now! (OK I'm a bit lumpy round the belly but I'll be cool and casual!)

...so I ironed some khaki Liz Claiborne cut offs my friend mailed me from the US (size 8) and they fit now! (OK I'm a bit lumpy round the belly but I'll be cool and casual!)

Superb Joanne!! That's fabulous :D! Great feeling. I wish the sizing over here was the same as the US... my girlfriends in US were super-confused as to why I was so flipping excited about fitting in a size 16??!! But it looks good when someone sees my tag and sees a 14 - I'm sure these UK ladies are also confused, especially if they also wear a 14 ("is my butt that big??? ;)) Hee, hee.

The trouble is that people in the UK think that US sizes are 2 down which isn't always the case. I can get into US 8 "pants" no problem but tailored UK 12 trousers not often. Do you find there's 2 sizes down? Perhaps it depends on one's shape, rather.

The trouble is that people in the UK think that US sizes are 2 down which isn't always the case. I can get into US 8 "pants" no problem but tailored UK 12 trousers not often. Do you find there's 2 sizes down? Perhaps it depends on one's shape, rather.

I used to think it was 1xsize difference so imagine my horror when 18's here were tight sometimes!! But no - I definitely find it about a two size difference. I'm a (or was!! ;)) a pretty firm 14 US and an 18 here... but that's a changing!

Well done im finally out of my UK size 22 and down to 20 and they starting to get baggy hoping by end of month will be 18 for my night out seen most glittery dress

Whoo hoo. I decided to have a trawl through my clothes at the back of my wardrobe. I bought an outfit from next 3 years ago and never wore it. I dragged it out and it fit - just. I am going to a Year 13 leaver's meal towards the end of June at school and it is my target - to have it fit comfortably. Will need some big knickers to hold the bulges in but this morning, looking in the mirror, I could really see my shape changing. I tried on a lot of my old clothes and all fitted - I was so excited and it was such a motivation that I did 10K on the exercise bike. Woop woop.

Well done again everyone!

Dana - personally I think it's a great idea that you did the 10k :) I'd been thinking about how misleading it can be to use food as a reward, I'm sure your endorphins were going pretty well after a ride like that!

And Jo re: US sizing - the sizes are two down in the UK. The only thing is that in the US you have the two different cuts, Misses and Womens.

The women's are cut more generously around the hips, so if you find that you wear, say a US 10 and a US 12, the 10 are probably the 10 Womens and the 12 is probably 12 Misses.

You also have the Junior cut which is much narrower so again the sizing would go up, it's designed for a younger age range, but it's not always easy to distinguish between the three ranges.

Back