Anther new starter...with some concerns :(

JezVonSavage

Lost in the Supermarket
Hi everyone.

I've been a regular member over at the SW forum and have lost a couple of stone in a half-arsed sort of manner since january. Now I have 9 weeks to my wedding and am having a go at Lipotrim for a few weeks to get down to my dress size. I'm looking forward to it and feeling very motivated.

My only concern is that I bought this through a pharmacy and am still feeling very confused. The pharmacist hasn't talked me through anything so the only info I have is what is written on the plastic carrier bag I got everything in. I haven't got a leaflet, not even a shaker cup and was offered no choice to what flavours I got. I take it this isn't the standard service?

I've read through the stickies and will peruse the forum, do any of you lovelies think there is anything specific I should know?

Thanks in advance,

Jerri

JezVonSavage said:
Hi everyone.

I've been a regular member over at the SW forum and have lost a couple of stone in a half-arsed sort of manner since january. Now I have 9 weeks to my wedding and am having a go at Lipotrim for a few weeks to get down to my dress size. I'm looking forward to it and feeling very motivated.

My only concern is that I bought this through a pharmacy and am still feeling very confused. The pharmacist hasn't talked me through anything so the only info I have is what is written on the plastic carrier bag I got everything in. I haven't got a leaflet, not even a shaker cup and was offered no choice to what flavours I got. I take it this isn't the standard service?

I've read through the stickies and will peruse the forum, do any of you lovelies think there is anything specific I should know?

Thanks in advance,

Jerri

Hey Hun, welcome and congrats on your wedding. If you have never used Lipotrim before then they should have sat you down to explain how it works. You should also get a choice of shakes. My pharmacist offers chocolate, strawberry, vanilla and chicken soup but I only like the chocolate so get a whole bag of the lol. After a couple of weeks you should be offered the bars but I can't stand them. Loads in here love them tho so may be worth a try. Go to the Lipotrim website and watch the video. It's very informative :)

Good luck and the people on here are great support if you need help x

Yeah some pharmacists take it a bit more seriously and are there to help you not make money. You can buy a shaker from supermarkets and health food stores they are normally close to the muscle building shakes or exercise stuff. I didn't have a choice on my first week but it was explained to me that that's the best way so you can see what you like. I was also told if I had any problems I could call back in and swap the shakes - for instance I didn't like the vanilla so I swapped them.

Good luck chick xx

Hi Jerri, the video on the lipotrim site really does explain it very well . Good luck huni :)

Thanks everyone, having read through the forum I've come to the conclusion that it is as simple as it seems- shake & drink, shake & drink, shake & drink.

I've just had my second shake of the day and am struggling a little- feel exceptionally tired although I'm putting that down to having only a third of my usual tea/coffee intake. Hopefully a couple of black coffees should perk me up!

I'm really looking forward to getting over this stomach rumbling stage.

Hi Jerri, I too started LT after doing SW for ages, and found its given my weight loss a massive boost. You will definitely achieve your goal in time for your wedding. It's not the easiest but determination sees you through!!I found the stomach rumbling stage disappears after a few days - just keep drinking lots of water!! Good luck with it all hun xxx

You will get there, it gets easier as the days go on! I feel brilliant today as I have bought a new pair of work trousers and are 2 sizes down from my normal size and am sat in them right now! This is the sort of thing that gets me through each day!!
I love the Vanilla and Strawberry shakes so only have those. I had the Chocolate and Chicken but soon started urging at the thought of drinking them! It is all down to personal preference. Good luck!! :D

I must say, i feel a lot better today (day 3) than I have all weekend. I think being in work helps as it's keeping my mind off things, plus i'm back to my usual intake of coffee (black) so the headches have subsided!

I've been thinking to myself, "well it's day 3 today, so that's practically half way through my first week!" and it's made things a lot easier.

I know we aren't suppposed to, but i've been putting the tiniest bit of salt in the soup had made it that bit more palatteable and easier to get down, plus i've been adding a shot of coffee to the vanilla and pretending it's a cappucino. And i much prefer the choc warm- i've been having that late at night, like ovaltine.

So yeah, i'm getting there and not finding it too hard! Thansk for all your support xx

Hi hun, to save me typing this out again I'll just quote it from another thread I posted in a couple of weeks ago - a few people said this was helpful at the time so I hope it will help you too. :) xx

Hi Betty, stripped down to the basics, this diet consists of three very low calorie meals per day (meals = shakes of either vanilla, chocolate or strawberry flavour OR chicken soup OR a flapjack either peanut or coconut flavour). You can pick any combination as long as you have three of those per day. You're allowed to drink plain or sparkling water (not flavoured) and/or black coffee. Leaf teas are also fine to drink, but NOT fruit teas.

Some people make the mistake of thinking they don't have to have the three meals/shakes and maybe if they only have two it will speed up their weight loss - this is not the case. You must make sure you have all three every day as they contain the nutrients your body needs and which you are no longer getting from food, and if you don't have all three your body will go into starvation mode and start holding on to your fat reserves rather than burning them. The calorie intake on this diet is roughly 450 cals per day, which is why it's in the category of a Very Low Calorie diet (VLC). You have a weigh in once a week with your pharmacist where they record your losses and give you a week's supply of the shakes/soup/flapjacks each time. Unfortunately some chemists don't stock all of the varieties.

You can add tablet sweeteners to the drinks and a small amount of black pepper to the chicken soup if you wish. Chewing gum is not allowed, even the sugar free version, but you can use Listerine strips (they are minty strips that melt on your tongue). There are lots of suggestions around the forum for how to make the shakes more interesting, e.g. adding the mint strips to the chocolate shake to make it mint chocolate, adding lots of crushed ice to the drinks or adding coffee to the vanilla shake to make a latte, etc. The important thing is not to stray from the rules.

After a few days of being on the diet, you will enter ketosis, which is a state where your body takes it main source of energy from your fat. The slightest bit of food can knock you out of ketosis which is why the diet is so strict.

The average loss per week is 4 to 5lbs, though the first week is often very high (sometimes people lose a stone or more in the first week) due to the fact that you lose a lot of water weight in that first week. Most people who are on the diet for a while do experiences the odd 'bad' week where they either have a very low loss / stay the same or even gain a pound or two for no apparent reason. It's nothing to worry about and usually the losses go back to normal the following week. It's important not to get disheartened if / when that happens.

The first few days are the hardest but once you get past that, and some possible initial side effects (e.g. headaches) the hunger pangs really do start to die down. The temptation and cravings do seem to remain throughout but when you see the weight dropping off and start to see a change in yourself it really does motivate you to keep going. Remember all of us here are in the same boat and everyone here is so lovely and supportive - keep yourself at this forum to distract yourself from food and keep yourself busy.

When you are nearing your goal weight, you will want to enter the refeed stage, which is where you start to introduce foods back into your diet again - but this must be done in a strict way and there are threads in the refeed section of the forum which detail what foods you are allowed and when. Most people still lose a few pounds whilst in the refeed stage, hence starting it a little bit before your goal weight is reached. There is basically a 'menu' of what you are allowed to eat each day on refeed. The refeed stage usually is for a week, but some people like to extend it to two weeks or occasionally even longer. After that, it's all up to you and you enter the "maintenance" phase, where you can basically carry on eating as you wish but obviously you will need to be more aware of your calorie intake in order to maintain your loss - the 'maintenance' shakes/meals (which are different flavours to these ones, e.g. summer fruits, orange creme, caramel bar) can help you during the refeed / maintenance stages if you still want to replace some meals with Lipotrim stuff.

I hope this helps :)

Kozza xxx

Back