Any 30 day shred people around?

byebyebigbum

:p I did the diet at the beginning of the and still maintaining-just doing ss+ to get rid of the extra wobble for holiday!

Lot's of ladies were using Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD back then- is anyone currently using it ?

I'm on day 7 and genuinely can't believe the changes I can see already. When people discussed it I thought they must be over reacting but they weren't !!!

Hey, so can you do the DVD while doing ss? I really want to make sure that as I lose weight I tone up too!

Ive heard a few things aboyt this and have a few Q's.

Can men do it? I know its more aimed to women but Ive not heard a bad thing about it and it works inconjunction with the CD. If not, can anyone reccommend one?

Also, looking on youtube, some move like touching your toes/press ups, I can do very well. Should I concentrate on losing weight first then try it?

Thers a whole thread for the 30 day shred on the fitness and exercise forum,and everyone doing it posts everyday.I was doing it but unfortunatley had to stop due to an injury but it really was great.Its only 20 mins and you really workout for that time.

Hiya - you can check out my blog (link in my sig) and look at my Minis diary thread...(The Final Fight one) I started 28 days ago at the tail end of my compulsory 810 week, but after 4 days I was back on SS again and have been doing it up to Level 3 on SS with no issues. I will be publishing my stats on Sunday once the whole 30 days is done. Several people tried to put me off doing it when I started - I've loved every horrendous moment of it. I have a waist of STEEL now.

PS - moderators? I am not sure why a discussion on exercise we are using whilst on SS is off topic?? I never go in the off topic part of the board and I don't have time to trawl all the different categories. So I'm glad I spotted this before it fell off the main forum!

Chunkeymonkey - you bet men can do it - it seems to be one of the few all girl DVDs that 'The Boys' think is up to their game! I couldn;t do a single press-up when I started - well maybe one until collapsing - by the end of the forst 10 days I was on 5 full press-ups and I can easily do all the modified moves. I couldn;t even do a full set of jumping jacks at the start, afetr about 6 days they became my favourite thing cos I got bouncier!

Chunkeymonkey - you bet men can do it - it seems to be one of the few all girl DVDs that 'The Boys' think is up to their game! I couldn;t do a single press-up when I started - well maybe one until collapsing - by the end of the forst 10 days I was on 5 full press-ups and I can easily do all the modified moves. I couldn;t even do a full set of jumping jacks at the start, afetr about 6 days they became my favourite thing cos I got bouncier!

Haaa. Thanks!

Im not even done 2 weeks on SS yet but will have done by monday. Do you think I could start both c25k and 30DS at the same time?

i love it i did it for one week and lost 3 inches off my waist but stopped cause i stopped losing weight i don't know whether to start now to tone my tummy for holiday and risk not losing or wait till target then do it. one thing i do say is it really works.
re moving to off topic we have a problem with off topic cause people don't read it and threads get lost there. other boards like sw have strong off topic boards.

Monkey - lol - maybe stagger the starts - your first month SSing is a bit unpredictable for energy levels - I'd start with the shred and see how it feels and then when your cardio sets get a bit easier in level 1 then start the C25k - if either makes you a bit dizzy or woozy stop and take the next day off.

MiniS - okay okay, you got me - here's the skinny ;)

Yes, it may slow your weightloss, but only for the first couple of weeks. Then weight will fly off. Please do not judge the first week by the scales, or the second week cos boy is week 3 going to blow your socks off! (Also I lost the same amount of inches in the first week of the shred as I did in the first 2 weeks of SSing when I dropped a stone in 2 weeks) - Repeat the Cerulean Mantra - THE SCALES MEAN NOTHING, IT IS JUST A SILLY LITTLE WEIGHING MACHINE

Cerulean said:
Monkey - lol - maybe stagger the starts - your first month SSing is a bit unpredictable for energy levels - I'd start with the shred and see how it feels and then when your cardio sets get a bit easier in level 1 then start the C25k - if either makes you a bit dizzy or woozy stop and take the next day off.

Ha. I have thought about it and will probably do the shred and thrn c25k towards the end or after it, depending on my losses. For me, its not about weight but more measurements. Thanks!

BTW: Your transformation is amazing though I havent read it all yet! :p

Lol everyones been busy since I originally posted :) I couldn't find the thred anywhere!!

Since I posted I have had an infected wisdom tooth, was but on antibiotics and then was allergic to those so not been doing it ! Will start again tonight though!!

Don't understand why thread has been moved though?

Day 3 and Just recieved my 30 day shred

and I was shattered just watching level 1 :eek:

So my question is ......when should I theoretically start this??? any ideas peeps who have done it?

Yay!!!! And report back on this thread our findings? (if we are still able!!)

Ooo excited now knowing someone else is starting too! :0)

Back