Any classes gone electronic?

cherrytimmers

mines a skimmed latte
Hello all,
my consultant went to her training this week for the big 'switch over'! which means in th next few weeks i'll be getting my 'chip and pin' weigh in card! has anyone else been through this transition?? - did the change in scales have any affect on folks????

your experiences would be appreciated x

yes ours did a few weeks ago, it takes forever for us all the get in and paid now! Also last week i forgot my card so had to come home and get it! the weighing seems quicker though

Ours is done and it's sound, dead quick, no faffing around with paper and signing and that, and the card says I have a CD and I just zip right through.

Our SWC is about to swap one of her other groups to electronic - we will follow in a few months when she's got the hang of it!

We are electronic. The first few weeks it was a bit of a nightmare cause there are so many people at my class - (for weigh in anyhow!!!) and it took ages.

It is much quicker now and the PDA works out things like SOTM which my class never had before cause my consultant could not work it out!

we've been electronic for a while now and i would say paying and weighing is quicker now. what does take a while is the fact that the PDA does not know who has stayed to class and who has left so C has to call out each name and wait while it gets to next person when people have left. sorry that sounds a bit of a mouthful - hope you know what i mean! would be better if it could be programmed with who is staying and who is not therefore those not in class could be removed from list of names she uses for class.

Not sure when we'll go modern as we're in Germany, not even sure it would work over here would it?

We're electronic and it's a doddle. The lady taking payments was a bit slow on the computer though so a couple of us trained up to help out. I do the weighing now and find it really simple as the PDA tells you everything you need to know, like any awards that need to be given out, weight loss etc. Our consultants other group will be going electronic soon and she's asked us to go over there to help train them up.

Not sure when we'll go modern as we're in Germany, not even sure it would work over here would it?

Why, have you not got electricity over there? :D

Yes it should work, when the consultant goes home, she uploads all the data via her broadband and also downloads any updates. So long as you have electricity, computers and broadband then it should work :)

We've been on it for best part of a year now and it's fine. The only time there is a problem is if the computer plays up during the paying side of things and then the consultant has to ring the helpline. A queue then forms and it gets a bit manic!
Other than that it's fine!

Why, have you not got electricity over there? :D

Yes it should work, when the consultant goes home, she uploads all the data via her broadband and also downloads any updates. So long as you have electricity, computers and broadband then it should work :)

That made me giggle, god I sound so blonde. Was thinking it would only work if connected up to a certain server in the UK. I'm going to ask if and when we're going electrical tonight. :eek:

We do have all the requirements when the wind turbines are working that is :D

Where in Germany are you chick? My stepson moved out there with his mum and stepdad 2 weeks ago

In a place called Paderborn, inbetween Hannover and Dortmund. Where abouts have they gone?

Back