Any dog lovers out there?

Here is my Barney, a King Charles Cavalier who will be five on valentines day. We love him to bits.

Barney1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/30%20mams%20pictures[/IMG]

My baby is a black and tan Cavalier King Charles Spaniel called Coco Belle ( see profile pic). she is currently snoring under the quilt next to me!!

Awww all those lovely doggies :D

I've got 2 dogs, both are from my local rescue centre. I've got a Patterdale Terrier who is roughly 6 years old, and I've had him 4 years now. And I've got a Llasa Apso, who is roughly 4 years old, and I've had her 2 years :)

Both had been mistreated :( Harvey was scared of everyone, even his own shadow. He's still a timid dog, but he's happy now. I absolutely adore him :) Millie hadn't been mistreated as such, but she had been used just for breeding and needed an operation when I got her. She was roughly 2 years old and the pads on her paws were still pink!! She had never even been taken for a walk :( She's a diva! So confident and cheeky. lol

Crickey! I'd better shut up now! lol

Aww she is cute dextersmum, got that little bit of white on the chin and chest just like Barney.
How old is she?
They are good snorers aren't they:D

She is 15 months old and I adore her! She has been the craziest puppy in the world but seems to finally be growing into a lady.........even though she plays football with hedgehogs and can climb into the house through the lounge window via the garden bench and walking along a sloping windowsill!!
She also visits my neighbours.......runs up to their back door and barks for attention - doesn't help that they love her too!!

I find her snoring relaxing but I cannot say for the same for my husband lol

:8855: I know what you mean! I used to poke my ex-husband in the middle of his back with my sharpest finger nail :eek: lol

Millie just amuses me with her snoring. It's quite cute really :D

Corkscrew said:
:8855: I know what you mean! I used to poke my ex-husband in the middle of his back with my sharpest finger nail :eek: lol

Millie just amuses me with her snoring. It's quite cute really :D

Lol that made me laugh about your comment to do with the ex husband!! Lol xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have a 10yr old Pomeranian ***** called Winnie. I got her when she was five. she had been used as a breeding ***** and then discarded when no longer useful..I also have a 5yr old Cocker spaniel Rosie..had her from a puppy through many tears rescue as the breeder though she had "bunny hips" so couldn't sell her....I also have a Japanese Akita boy Kaito...he's about 7ish and we got him through rescue, he'd been placed twice and abandoned...people can be cruel...at the moment I'm fostering another Akita Kiss as well until a forever home can be found for her.

I have a 10yr old Pomeranian ***** called Winnie. I got her when she was five. she had been used as a breeding ***** and then discarded when no longer useful..I also have a 5yr old Cocker spaniel Rosie..had her from a puppy through many tears rescue as the breeder though she had "bunny hips" so couldn't sell her....I also have a Japanese Akita boy Kaito...he's about 7ish and we got him through rescue, he'd been placed twice and abandoned...people can be cruel...at the moment I'm fostering another Akita Kiss as well until a forever home can be found for her.

I have a friend who has 7 Pomeranians :eek: Flipping 7!!! Beautiful doggies, but what a racket when they all bark together :eek: :giggle:

It really upsets me when people just use dogs for breeding purposes and then discard them when they are of no more use! It makes my blood boil, as does mistreating them in other ways.

When I first got my boy dog, he used to cower every time I got close to him. He was expecting to be hit!

Yep, some people are so cruel :(

I love Akitas. Such beautiful dogs. I used to be sh*t scared of them though. lol My two went running off down the field to a pair of Akitas once. I'd not seen them until it was too late :eek: My heart was in my mouth waiting for a blood bath........which never happened :D lol

We regularly meet those two Akitas now, and all four dogs have a great time running round and playing together :D they do look funny though - 2 massive Akitas and two little dogs that don't weigh 3 stone between them! lol

I hate any cruelty to dogs or any animals........my Coco is part of our family and I would never dream of keeping her in a kennel and breeding her like a money machine. In fact I couldn't breed anyway 'cos I wouldn't be able to part with any puppies. Am dreading taking her to be spayed though!

I'm undecided on whether or not to breed my dog. I would like her to have one litter, but with so many people out there getting huskies and then deciding that they're too energetic or just too naughty, and abandoning them... it's sad. I'd hate the thought of any of my puppies ending up at the side of the road. Although I suppose I could tell them if they can't manage to drop the dog back to me.

At the minute, there's a one year old male husky needing a new home. I've been in contact with the owner. He's absolutely adorable. I don't know, though. I don't want my girl to feel replaced or jealous. But then again, perhaps she'd enjoy some company.

Any thoughts on this? Or how to introduce them and make sure they're friends?

I hate any cruelty to dogs or any animals........my Coco is part of our family and I would never dream of keeping her in a kennel and breeding her like a money machine. In fact I couldn't breed anyway 'cos I wouldn't be able to part with any puppies. Am dreading taking her to be spayed though!

Oh, I wouldn't be able to part with them either. I'd want to keep the lot of them! lol

I wasn't looking forward to taking either of mine to be spayed, but I had to, and it was for their own good. Harvey had started *ahem* humping the legs of everyone who came to my house. As soon as they sat down, he was there! lol And Millie would stand by the gate swinging her handbag and winking at every dog that went past before I had her done! lol

They were both fine after a couple of days, but those two days were soooo long! I felt so guilty that they were hurting.

How old is Coco?

I don't know, though. I don't want my girl to feel replaced or jealous. But then again, perhaps she'd enjoy some company.

Any thoughts on this? Or how to introduce them and make sure they're friends?

When I decided I wanted another rescue dog we used to go everyday to see her. We had to wait 8 days in case she was reclaimed (a very long 8 days! lol) so we had that time to introduce her to our other dog. The rescue centre let us take her out for a walk everyday, so we took Harvey too so they could get to know each other. First time they met, the sniffed each other and just set off walking!

They had a few territorial growls when we got them both home together, but it was nothing more that that.

So, after all that blarting away up there ^^ lol you can't make sure they're gonna be friends, because they might not be. But you can let them meet a few times before you decide :)

See having them meet a few times isn't on the cards. The people who have the dog live in Offaly and we live in Kildare... different counties. And we sold our car before Xmas as we needed the cash. So we'd have to get a loan of our friends' car, and I wouldn't ask more than once.

So perhaps it's better to let this one go.

See having them meet a few times isn't on the cards. The people who have the dog live in Offaly and we live in Kildare... different counties. And we sold our car before Xmas as we needed the cash. So we'd have to get a loan of our friends' car, and I wouldn't ask more than once.

So perhaps it's better to let this one go.

Ah, having them meet isn't an option. I don't think I would risk it in that case if I were you. It's too much of a committment/responsibility to go into lightly isn't it?

Nevermind :)

I think i like most dogs more than people at times!!! I have a four years old staffie called Neville. I was brought up with westies and yorkies and Nev is the best dog I have ever had the pleasure of owning. I get really wound up the dirty looks people give me when I have him out for a walk, its doggy racism!

Oh, I wouldn't be able to part with them either. I'd want to keep the lot of them! lol

I wasn't looking forward to taking either of mine to be spayed, but I had to, and it was for their own good. Harvey had started *ahem* humping the legs of everyone who came to my house. As soon as they sat down, he was there! lol And Millie would stand by the gate swinging her handbag and winking at every dog that went past before I had her done! lol

They were both fine after a couple of days, but those two days were soooo long! I felt so guilty that they were hurting.

How old is Coco?

Am laughing so much at Millie's antics - she is my Coco, who I call the fruit bat when she is in season!! She has no shame and was particularly taken by a little mongrel in the village called Rebel - she likes the bad boys!! She is 15 months now and due to the vets next month to have the pre-op check - will have to take a week of work 'cos she is sooooo spoilt!!

We have the most handsome staffordshire bull terrier!! He is a big softie we love him too bits. It makes me sad though when people judge the whole breed as being vicious even though some are absolute gems!! Like our wee man!! Its all to do with how a dog is brought up and trained I think xx

Last edited:
Back