Any May starters out there?

Well today is my first day on this so lets hope I can stick on to it. Am struggling with the water, but in the long run I am sure it will be worth it :)

can I ask what you do for a living? I sit at a desk all day and I have a water bottle and just keep sipping as and when. I have no idea how active workers make time and get in their fluids

Lots of new May starters keep with it all of you and drink loads of water it flushes the pounds out so I am told!

Snap - i sit at a computer all day with my trusty water bottle at my side and i just sip continuously lol

24 days in and I think I have found my first struggle, this morning I just could not get out of Bed. I had a terrible headache and was completly drained having my usual sleep.

I think the problem was last night we had inlaws round for a brew and didnt eat til 7, I had a chille and beacause I was feeling drained and for the first time hungry, about half hour atfter I had a bar. About an hour after I went for my daily 1.5hr walk. Usually I come in from the walk and have another pack and water before bed, last night it was just water.

I am not having two packs in a row again as it didnt give me the energy through the night. I think

Do you think that it is the change in routine that has made me feel appaling today or does something happen to your body some four weeks in that could explain this?

oh yeah and I am really, really thirsty today even though I drank normal amounts as yesterday

can I ask what you do for a living? I sit at a desk all day and I have a water bottle and just keep sipping as and when. I have no idea how active workers make time and get in their fluids
I am a teacher so am constantly talking, I have realised that me drinking so much water is a problem. As I have to wait till break or the end of the lesson to fill my bottle up.

I'm a late april starter. so far have lost 16lbs and got weigh in today. ive weighed myself twice this week and seen no change but that is my own fault.( i lapsed on the weekend) but ithink ive learnt my lesson as its taking me longer now to get back into ketosis. so though i dont expect to loose any this week, the not loosing any has motivated me to stick to it and and not waste my time and money by obsessing over food. good luck all. its great hearing all your updates its definately beneficial as we can all pick up bits of info that we may have missed somwhere along the our journey. my first target is to reach 63kg and at 4'11" that is still overweight i think but once i reach that goal i will considder losing more or not. But am definately doing route to management.

I am a teacher so am constantly talking, I have realised that me drinking so much water is a problem. As I have to wait till break or the end of the lesson to fill my bottle up.
and empty the body as well.

OH is teacher and I am amazed at how little time there is for getting a drink and loo breaks. She barely gets a lunch break... so doing LL with the water requirements is hard.

Best of luck. You thought about maybe a camel bag what cyclists use?

Home - CamelBak.com

and a bucket in the supply cupboard
:)

I'm a late april starter. so far have lost 16lbs and got weigh in today. ive weighed myself twice this week and seen no change but that is my own fault.( i lapsed on the weekend) but ithink ive learnt my lesson as its taking me longer now to get back into ketosis. so though i dont expect to loose any this week, the not loosing any has motivated me to stick to it and and not waste my time and money by obsessing over food. good luck all. its great hearing all your updates its definately beneficial as we can all pick up bits of info that we may have missed somwhere along the our journey. my first target is to reach 63kg and at 4'11" that is still overweight i think but once i reach that goal i will considder losing more or not. But am definately doing route to management.

Although it is hard for you to get back in to ketosis after lapsing and not seeing the losses this week, it is a great warning of the hassle it can cause if we do lapse for the rest of us May's.

Still 16lbs in a month is excellent. good luck and keep us posted.

and empty the body as well.

OH is teacher and I am amazed at how little time there is for getting a drink and loo breaks. She barely gets a lunch break... so doing LL with the water requirements is hard.

Best of luck. You thought about maybe a camel bag what cyclists use?

Home - CamelBak.com

and a bucket in the supply cupboard
:)
Lol that made me laugh. I have managed to get around the water problem by ordering a fridge for the office and my classroom is right next to the office so I can just pop out to the office :). One out of two problems solved in a day is not bad.

This is strange but I find that a high proportion of teachers I know are overweight. More than other professionals. Maybe it's the stress or lack of time to care for their own bodies at night (no time for gym etc) or the fact that down time = binge time.

Saying that one mate, lives solely on Lucazade during term as he has no time to eat, and is loosing hair and is skin & bones. Tempted to sign him up for food packs just so he is getting his nutrition

Flex, maybe you are just having an off day. Though you habve only been on it three weeks, so maybe your bods just having a little shudder. lol

Everyone reacts differently.

I find, once I am in full on ketosis, I don;t have my first pack until about 6pm. I like to have them in the evening. And when I do I feel no difference in my energy level at all - but thats when realllly into the groove. It is still kind of early days, so perhaps the change in time you had your packs just made you feel a bit out of sorts.

I hope it passes for you. :)

Flex, maybe you are just having an off day. Though you habve only been on it three weeks, so maybe your bods just having a little shudder. lol

Everyone reacts differently.

I find, once I am in full on ketosis, I don;t have my first pack until about 6pm. I like to have them in the evening. And when I do I feel no difference in my energy level at all - but thats when realllly into the groove. It is still kind of early days, so perhaps the change in time you had your packs just made you feel a bit out of sorts.

I hope it passes for you. :)
Thanks, for your sentiments.

Yeah got better as the day went on...feeling fine now. Just about to set off for home on the 5 mile walk, got my water bottle filled up so I'll see what I am like when I get in. Should be ok, usually I am.

PS please let me me have 3.5 weeks not just 3, make me feel better in my head:8855:

Thanks, for your sentiments.

Yeah got better as the day went on...feeling fine now. Just about to set off for home on the 5 mile walk, got my water bottle filled up so I'll see what I am like when I get in. Should be ok, usually I am.

PS please let me me have 3.5 weeks not just 3, make me feel better in my head:8855:

LOL - I know it was more than 3 weeks, but I just got in from work and couldnt face even the easiest of maths! :D

You are doin great. Just keep rockin it!

Hi Flexible fish. Sorry i cant help you there. Im a creature of habit - i tend to have my packs at same time every day - except a wednesday (weigh day). Dunno why but i love to come home from group and have a soup and then straight after it i have my bar that tastes like snickers (straight from freezer - yum yum)

Hi BL - how are you getting on this week luv :hug99:

Hi IWGT....I am doing OK....life is so hectic, trying to make all the last minute arrangements for moms funeral - I have hardly had a moment to think about food. I am well and truly in Ketosis, so its all falling into place. Thanks for asking. :)

How are you doing? I love the frozen bars too!

Have a good weekend.

xx :)

Hi BL - doing great ta. Im sure your head is all over the place at the minute with the funeral. Cant believe you are staying abstinent thru it all - u are one incredible woman. Have you got a date yet for the funeral? Got my 4st on wednesday night - just in time for my birthday. I'm 38 on Tuesday :sigh:

Flex - yea that is the bar. It is soooooooo delish straight out of freezer. Have you ever tried it frozen. Takes longer to eat and u get to enjoy it more :D

its seems i have lost some weight this week! My scales need replacing and i have actually lost 3lbs yipppppeeeeeeeee:8855:i am so relieved as was really beating myself up over the lapse(critical parent)
gotta sort out this damn chatterbox!

Back