Any new starters 2018???

Day 4, im still doing ok, not total solution but 2 shakes, 2 snacks of fruit and a light meal salad based.

My issue is type 2 diabetes. Ive had it under control with meds until this year. The meds are not working great now and my hba1c in march was 13.5, way too high. Ive to go back to the clinic in august so first and foremost my immediate target is to get my blood glucose down to an acceptable level. Losing weight would be a bonus and 10 kilos is a nice round figure to aim for. Dont ask me to explain why i knew all this in March and its now June before im taking action lol.

Im feeling very positive, my weight is already down 3 kilos and i did a finger prick blood glucose test this morning which came out at an amazing 6.6 !! Onward and downward

Hi all,
It’s my first time of doing a VLCD although I’ve tried most other diets over the years!
I want to lose around 3 stone, fed up of dieting and only losing half a pound or a pound a week!
Today is the end of Day 2.... it’s been tough today but I keep thinking about my first weigh in and this forum is great for reassurance that this Day 2 feeling passes!
Excited to see how this goes!
Mandy x

Hi Mandy which vcld are you doing? How are feeling today? Im on day 4 now and feeling very positive about it

Afternoon lovely ladies, we are all doing so well and focusing despite frustrations and temptations, this is a lovely little group offering each and everyone support, welcome new members, remember it does work, patience and you will be whooping with delight with your weigh in results, we are all superstars, water is the key especially on warmer days. Good luck Jay on weigh in today x

Hello all. This looks like a nice supporting thread!

I have just started CWP. Never done a VLCD before, so I was really nervous. Today is day 1 for me. Only had the leek and potato soup so far, but I thought it was lush. And I'm chugging on water. Had a slight headache, but so far I am doing OK. Hoping to pick up lots of tips and support here to keep me going. My hope is minis will be a great distraction when I am struggling! I have a lot to lose and I just need to see some of it shifted fast to help me get moving again a bit more. I have promised myself over the next year I will change my life.

Hope to get to know you all a bit on this journey.

B x

Welcome blossom, after the first few days of feeling lethargic narky headachey, you will feel more energised not hungry believe it or not, it does feel very daunting at first, and if you stick to it 100% and keep glugging at the water your first weigh in will blow you away which will keep you focused, set small goals at a time my lovely. Well done x

Thanks so much Sun, I really want to give thise first week 100% and see what this diet can do for me. x

Hi blossom.

Welcome, it’s nice on here. Everyone’s friendly & supportive. It helps to keep you focused having a read & seeing how everyone is getting on & knowing how you’re feeling is normal etc.
This diet will work for you & give results each week that will motivate you to keep going. Don’t get me wrong, I have my moments but if I hadn’t have got the results I have so far, I’d have given up.
I too have a fair whack to lose but my consultant said to me when I started ‘give us a year & we’ll change your life’ so we’re a little similar in that sense.
We’re all in the same boat no matter how much we want to lose so keep us updated & good luck with your journey, get past these 1st few days & you’ll feel like you are on your way. Positive thoughts ✌🏻

Hope everyone is doing ok?
Xx

Welcome new joiners!

This group is wonderful and so supportive!

My advice is to take things one day at a time - remembering this is only temporary, all of the foods we are tempted by or crave will still be there (in moderation 😇) when we get to our target weight. Best of luck to you - you can do this! xxxx

Coming to the end of Day 4.... had to go food shopping for the family today and EVERYTHING in the supermarket looked amazing lol
Haven’t been tempted to break the diet though. What I have been tempted to do is to have a sneaky midweek weigh in - trying to wait until next week 🙈
M x

Today for whatever reason I've been so hungry and after my 3 packs and 200 cal dinner, tonight I've picked and nibbled 🙄, only protein but still well over 800 cals and still hungry, best thing I have early night me thinks 😐

Sun-try not to overthink the nibbling, today is a new day. Hope the early night worked. I doubt it will have made a difference.
It’s weigh in at 10am tomorrow for me. Have managed to be good, just struggled here & there with the water a bit but fingers crossed.
It is absolutely roasting here on Fleetwood today, I could really nail a freezing cold koppaberg with ice but instead, I will drink water.
Happy sunny Sunday everyone xx

Reactions: sun
Hey jimmy, it's weird today am not in the slightest hungry and have struggled to eat breakfast and lunch, our bodies are strange and complicated things, well done staying on track, for me I could smash a large g & t as really hot here too. Good luck with weigh in tomo. Happy Sunday all x

Hi everyone and new people. Well, am I fed up. Been on SS 100% for one week, had first weigh in and lost 3lbs! Before anyone says that's 3lbs off and good I was hoping for more at first weigh in. On Friday I had black coffee whilst friend tucked into lunch, Friday night I had sparkling water whilst hubby had lovely meal. Sat night same in wine bar! Is it worth it? Dont want to put off any newbies because everyone else seems to have had good first week.

Consultant says I need to drink more water. Already having at least 2.5 litres and hate it. Can't see how that will make a difference but am going to try and see what happens at next weigh in. Hey ho

Suze don't be disheartened, as hard as it is water is the key to this diet, you are probably retaining water and hopefully next week you will get what they call 'woosh effect' and have a good result, everybody is different and 3lb is a good loss, how about inch loss, keep focusing it will come off, have a good week x

Hi all,

3lbs off for me today which is a total of 37lb in 9 weeks. I havent put a foot wrong this week so I did expect a little more but at least it’s off. Im going to work on drinking more water this week & a bit more exercise.
Suze, I totally understand where you’re coming from, it’s disheartening when you’ve sat wasting away & felt proud about how well you were doing to not get the result you’d hoped for but, what sun says about the ‘whoosh’ may be the case & you may be sick of hearing it but water is so important. My consultant told me to put a bit of no added sugar cordial in mine if I was really struggling to drink, it’s better than not drinking so maybe that’s a thought. You might just take a week or so to adjust & have a nice surprise on your next weigh in. Try to see the positives, you’ve started now & got past the tough stage so persevere & fingers crossed you’ll see a better result next week.

Good luck for tomorrow sun.
Good luck everyone with your week& weigh ins. Hope you new starters are doing ok. Stay positive everyone
Xx

Reactions: sun
Jimmy go girl! Fantastic well done that's amazing and your mindset is solid.
Keep going ladies. Will let you know mine tomo 🌟🌟🌟🌟s all of us x

Back