Any November starters looming about out there!?

Hi Phoenix and welcome to LL & minimins!

If you find evenings difficult be sure to use this website to chat and get support to keep your attention!

Good luck on your journey!

Kat xx

I am a November starter, first session last night, first day today. 4 packs down already :D

Not hungry but then again I rarely eat because I am hungry. I was ok at work but it got tougher at home. Looking forward to day 2.

Hi Phoenix & Welcome to Minimins,

This site is a wealth of information and people on it are lovely. :welcome2:

Hey ALI!

Wooha, over a stone off already. Impressive! You must be so pleased?:bliss:

MM

Hiya new starters, and welcome
to this wonderful journey

Hiya new starters, and welcome
to this wonderful journey

Hi Phoenix & Welcome to Minimins,

This site is a wealth of information and people on it are lovely. :welcome2:

Hey ALI!

Wooha, over a stone off already. Impressive! You must be so pleased?:bliss:

MM

I am delighted!

Welcome Pheonix :wavey:

I'm a November restarter and the April starters thread I was posting to has gone dead so I thought I'd join you guys.

I did LL for 18 weeks and then stopped due to the dreadful constipation I had. I lost a bit on normal food over the next couple of months and my bowels returned to normal so I started up on a VLCD in early October. I've been using some spare LL packs plus some stuff from Avidlite up till now but I started back with LL properly today. I was a bit annoyed as no one else could stay so we didn't have any counselling. I got this quite a lot during Foundation and I was often ready to stay but just sent home and if it's going to happen again I'll need to consider whether I really want to keep paying the LL prices or not.

My weigh-in came a few pounds above what I'd last been on my own scales but I think that is because I have been weighing myself first thing in the morning with no clothes and by the time I had my LL weigh-in I had breakfast and three litres of water in me - plus clothes of course. Because of this I wouldn't expect my ticker to move again for a couple of weeks but I know it's just a time of the day difference so I'm not really bothered.

Just had a toffee bar - forgot how much I liked them. I've got one of the new chili packs to try out and have been using the new fibre although I don't think it is tasteless. I can taste it quite strongly, leaves a weird but not horrible aftertaste.

I hope everything is going well for the rest of you.

Welcome Spannerwanner,

I did LL Foundation last year and lost about 5 stone. I kept it off for some months until I slacked off on the exercise and then it started creeping back up at about 2 lbs a month. Then a 3 week trip back to the States added quite a bit.

I tried LLL a couple of times, but as you said... no one stayed the counselling and to me it wasn't worth the drive or time.

So, I have my books from before and am trying to rework them, and I ordered CD products and are using them. I started with SSing, but then realized that I was going to have to go below what I want to weight due to the gylcogen, etc. and decided to try to lose doing sort of LLL program. I am not sure how well it has been going; I have lost about 1/2 a stone so far, but as I am not a patient person, if I am not at goal or close to it by the New Year. I will SS again until I get 5 below goal and then try to work through Management.

MinnieMel

Thanks guys for the kind words and suggestions. I'm now trying my luck at just eating healthy but being very strict with myself on food diaries and controlling what i have in the house.. so disappointed that i couldn't be one of you, just sitting here watching your fantastic weight loss is very hard as i keep thinking "that could've been me!" :(
Husky xx

I lost 5 lbs this week but it isn't quite enough to get the ticker moving due to the fact that the last ticker update was based on a first thing in the morning with no clothes on weigh-in. The ticker should fall next week though.

Actually had a counselling session today. It was OK but not really a topic I found that useful. I find the LL counselling stuff pretty hit and miss. I've done some of it before in other settings, some is really useful and some seems to bear no relation to my life at all. We are also really a week behind since the last weekend of the four week block is Boxing Day so there will be no session and we didn't have a session last week at all.

The people in the group seem nice although it's much smaller than my Foundation group was.

I've also realised that I'll need to get my blood pressure done next week if I am going to order an extra two weeks for the Christmas period when the place is shut. I find getting my blood pressure done the most annoying bit of LL, especially since in my case there is no medical justification for doing it at all. I have never suffered from high blood pressure, it's never even been at the higher end of normal. I find it really odd that LL have a health check mechanism that is only appropriate for some people and then make everyone do it; it would be better to get a doctor to say what someone should do reguarly and enforce that.

Just looked at what I've written and I seem to be in a whinging mood; it's probably because it's that TOTM.

Hope the diet is going well for the rest of you.

Just had a fruit bar - nicer than I remember.

Hi SW,

Congrats on the five pounds -- that's awesome. And go ahead and whinge... the reason LL is so expensive is because your are getting the counselling (or so they say). So, if you are not getting what you're paying for -- it is understandable that you'd express your displeasure. Doublely so if it is your TOTM.

MM

Hi All
I am a November starter but from last year:) I feel a bit envious of you all at the begining of your journeys- its so exciting as the weight comes off.
1 year on and I still sometimes do a double take in the mirror!!
Keep up the good work-it relly is worth it

brumchick,

What an inspiration you are -- a year on and you are maintaining. Well done.

MM

Hi SW,

This is such a hard time of year. last year at this time I was in Management, and so few people were showing up and no one was staying -- so there was no counselling and I just stopped bothering to go. I should have gone back after the holidays and finished up. Because when the snow hit and my exercise classes got cancelled, I stopped working out. Then, I started gaining the weight back... and now a year later -- I have 1 1/2 stones to lose to get back to goal. UGH! I am find finding it hard to stay on track at this time of year, but I am planning to keep on trying and after the holidays totally dedicate myself to getting the pounds off and into better physical shape.

MM

Thanks for all the welcomes. I haven't been able to spend as much time on here as I would have liked due to work but am hoping things will slow down a little now. Just finished my second week and have lost 25lbs so far so looking forward to the weigh-in tomorrow.

Back