Any October starters?????

Hi guys and girlies!! Im coming to the end of foundation now, and you will be suprised at how quickly it goes.....GOOD LUCK xxx

Heya Sunshine!
Welcome to the october-ites :D

I don't work night shifts, so can't -really- answer. However I do get bouts of insomnia and often my sleeps out of synch so I was wondering the same. After SL's alarm suggestion I figure I'll have my first 'meal' within an hour of getting up, then every four or so hours from then... But everyone does things differently. I guess just find what works for you. :)

Good luck in your first meeting tomorrow! I joined my group last week on their week four so am interested to know what I missed!

Getting through your first week is a great goal! I have an idea of where I'd like to end up... and am trying to figure out mini-goals and treats to work towards along the way. My first target is 9lbs off... because I said last year when I got their I'd go swimming (I lost a few stone and was a few lb away when I stopped CD)... I know you can have big losses in week one, but half of me's hoping not -quite- that big as the thought sounds pretty scary!

Welcome to the October Bunch

You've got the beginnings on a really supportive group here.
Good luck to you all - new and returners.
Just think where you'll be by Christmas party time..............:Christmas02r:

Hello fellow Octoberites

Hi,

I'd like to sign up as an October starter...
Well officially I was a January starter but had to go away for 6 months with work so kinda stalled but Im back and raring to go. I lost a stone and a half previously but still have a bit to shift. My weigh ins are going to be on a Friday but Im starting my first day today 5th Oct.

One shake down, strawberry, and it tasted better than I remembered! Thankfully!:D

hi all :)

its great to see so many joining us on our october start. just a quick update....im on day 1 today, so far so good. i tried the porridge for breakfast but really didnt like the stoggy consistency so i threw it away and had a strawberry shake which was better. i then had banana for lunch. trying to remember to drink loads, but as its not a habit i already have, i have to remember so thats not easy. but im not at all feeling hungery nor do i have any adverse side effects...yet! but feeling very good about the fact that iv now started and looking forward to the weeks ahead!

good luck everyone, and for those who have weigh in tonite...i look forward to seeing how uv done!!! xxxx

Just a quick update from me, I'm due to get back on the packs this Friday (18th). I can tell I've gained some lbs in the past few weeks :( but hopefully it's not much!

Been low-carbing for a couple of days and will continue that way to Friday to make the transition easier. Headachey today though. Oh well, that's my punishment for falling of the wagon so much lately! LOL

Hey all
I restarted LL today after a bout of illness. I have approx 6 stone to lose and would be very grateful of all the support I can get. And yes, as Sarah-Louise said I would love to get a great amount of the 6 stones off my xmas!
Here's to all the support we can provide each other :)

hi preeti,

welcome! glad your off to a good start :) i too started today, well re started! i did LL last year b4 my baby so now im here again trying to lose about 6 stone too! sounds alot but iv every confidence in LL and will shift it in no time at all. By xmas we will both be about 3 stone less, thats half the weight gone, how amazing does that sound!!!!! and we are both starting this at exactly the same weight too! xx

Hi Sarah-Louise
How has your first day been? I have been working from home, surrounded by so much temptation! But I hav resisted :) WAHOOOO
Our goals are the same too :)

Hey all you returners!
I feel all left out now not having done LL before! (as if CD 'food' is that much different - lol)

I'm getting my first (well, second really) weigh-in in 23 hours! I don't know why I'm so paranoid... but for some reason I'm convinced I will have put on! (I've never heard of that happening in week one, but you never know!)

hi all,

preeti, yes i noticed after i msged u that we have the same goal too! i think we will both do great on this! my first day has been ok, been a bit 'short' with my partner but hez understanding luckily lol. its been a busy day so iv tried not to think of it too much but the grumbling noises from my tum has been a reminder lol. but overall, a good day and one step closer. hope u managed to resist temptation for the rest of your day? its not easy is it! this forum helps loads tho im glad to say :)

random gurl, your doing LL so your in the same boat lol glad u have joined us, ul get some great support on here and help u celebrate the good and over come the not so good. i too tried CD but it wasnt for me so i returned to LL. im day 1!!!! but i completely understand the 'think uv put on' thoughts. its hard to get your head round it at times i know! but im sure u r doing just fine!!!

xxxx

I can't believe it!!

Hi all - how is every one doing?

Just back from my first weigh-in and I have lost 8lbs!!!:happy036:I am so happy - I can't stop grinning.

I found the first week difficult to start with and was very hungry for the first few days, but once the ketosis kicked in it wasnt too bad - apart from the stinking breath:jelous: yuk!

Looking forward to hearing how you all have got on.
SL
x

Well done Scottish Lass!
Doesn't it feel great - I am on week 6 and I must say it gets easier and easier.
Stick with it and you will soon be at goal - fantastic start.
Milli x

aw well done scottishlass, thats a great loss, keep up your good work, the bad breath will be worth it lol x

Wow well done!! :)

Yay SL!!!!! *doing a happy dance for you*

Though I agree about the breath - eeps! Does that settle down, or are we in for months of covering our mouths whenever we speak to people?

Sarah-Louise... right now I'm prefering LL over CD... but maybe thats because its all new. Plus I had one heck of a treck getting to my CDC (30 min walk, train, 40 min walk uphill... not just a slope... this thing was scary!) for 3 minutes then back again. Its nice to actually look forward to meetings. :D

Well done on day one -- and to Preeti too!

And your doing so well Milli!!! :D

Soooo... apart from the fact we're all overweight, who are all you octoberites? *Just being nosey mostly, though asking randomly rather than firing the usual 'getting to know you' questions*

Thanks Randumgirl
I am on week 6 so not an october starter - classed as september but it is nice to get to know everyone if that is ok!
I have been overweight since going back to work when my 2nd little girl was only 12 weeks old - I hated it and put on 4 stone in 12 months!
I was desparate to get it off so here I am and boy do I wish I had done it sooner.
At the moment it is really easy.
Don't get me wrong i have had some low points when my weight loss was not what I would have liked but I always pick myself up very quickly and feel so much more positive about life in general.
You girls will have a great journey once ketosis kicks in and I must say I now have more energy than I have had in years!

Good luck everyone
Milli x

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Weigh in day today - yayyy! (fingers crossed its a yay - lol). Its wierd apart from early morning nauseousness I've found week one pretty easy, and really haven't been tempted at all by conventional food. Been doing better getting all four packs in too, but decided to skip the bars for now as they're too foodish.

Hows everyone today?

And Milli - you can -always- say I wish I'd done something sooner... doing it now rather than laters the important thing. Though yeah, I wish I had started months ago. ;)

Well done SL, bet you feel fab.

went along to my first meeting last night. seem like a really nice bunch of girls so well chuffed with that.

I hadn't actually thought about what food i would like, sheesh, the decisions i had to make, lol

I am the fussiest eater that i know so was really unsure what to choose. I have never had a milkshake in my life so decided on just a couple of bananas to see if i like, maybe give them a try tomorrow.

Got a pounding head at the moment but unsure if it is the withdrawal from my diet irn-bru as i am used to drinking at least 2ltr daily.

Good luck with your weigh in today RG

Well done all for your first week!

I made a deal with myself when I started LL that I would not say "I wish I had done it sooner", I didn't, for whatever reason I did it now, when the time was right, but my god am I loving the fact I have done it!

Kat xx

Back