Any October starters?????

I had hot banana 'custard' tonight... was actually suprisingly tasty. :p

CD has more variety... and I loved their toffee and walnut.. and choc mint too... -but- LL seems creamier and less lumpy. Other than that pretty much the same.

What Kat and Pete saids right... you get used to it and its fine... just experiment and see what works for you. :D

Day 2 today and i m finding the food packs hard to get used to i can taste the powder ,any tips for mixing them better,so far i only like warm choc and veg soup so maybe when i start the bars it will be better.
Was close to giving up last night,i m not hungry,just worried i m not going to be able to drink the shakes/soup.
But i m back with it today,hopefully i will just get used to them.
Hope your all having good days ;)

p.s how do i put my pic up on my porfile

Go to user cp and upload through there

as for the packs they do get easier to have especially with the intro of bars :)
1 thing I have to say is do not lapse and abstain through even the hard periods which are very few anyway :)

Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated......i will do this:D

pretty much in the same boat as you jamie, struggling with the packs.

I tried to make a banana mousse last night but didn't like it at all. I thought i would try the banana as milkshake this morning and it was actually not too bad. I put my water in the freezer for a while first which i think helped.

Got my pop in session tonight so gonna change all of the 12 porridges that i have left:eek: as i just can't stomach them. Hope i can get some bars.

I found the chicken and mushroom started off ok but half way through they went kinda slimy/powdery, maybe try adding a bit hot water half way through, might help.

How's everyone else getting on?

x

hey guys, mixing the packs takes some practice, it took me a good while to figure out how I like to make the shakes (cold water from the fridge, about 2/3 of a pint glass, pour over the powder already put into the blender, then blend on high for about 3 minutes). Lush!

The weird after-taste is mainly from the soya in the packs. You get used to it, but it doesn't go away. I always go and brush my teeth and use mouthwash straight after a pack, find that helps a lot. Keep drinking plenty of water after a pack too, I find that the worst time for bad breath/nasty mouth taste is after having a shake then not drinking for a while. You will start to like them as they become the only thing you have, and those of us who have been on the plan for a while will probably attest that we will miss having them when we finish RTM! lol

Jamie, if you find something you like, stick with it. Every day for the past 340ish days I've had 3 choc shakes and 1 cranberry bar. I promise you it gets easier, after a week or so you will stop thinking about the packs as f**d at all; the best way to think of them is simply a delivery system for your nutrients - they are not designed to be "tasty" or "enjoyed" (but if you do, great!). I know that might be hard to really get to grips with when you're ony a few days in, but it will come, and you'll even suprise yourself when you get to the middle of week 3 and realise that you don't even think about f**d anymore!

Sunshine, if your LLC follows the rules he/she won't let you have bars until you start week 2 of the program. It's not that they affect your losses, but some people can find it harder going into ketosis on bars as they have a slightly higher carb content than they packs.

Thanks for the advice pete,i m going to buy a hand blender tonight to see it that helps,just had my 2nd shake of the day(hot choc) and it tasted ok so maybe i can just stick to them.

I could not eat the porridges either sunshine i found them to lumpy and sweet,and i think when we start the bars it will help,hope you find one you like :)

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Day 2 today, and I am fine. To my surprise! I went to bed early last night (OH went out for a fancy dress birthday do, so I took advantage and watched telly in bed from 9pm) and feel fine today. i was hungry when I went to be despite saving my last pack for about 7pm. I could maybe have managed more water, so am trying to drink more today.

I know what you mean about the CD/LL packs. CD seemed to mix well in the shaker, but my first attempt at a chocolate LL pack in the shaker was awful and lumpy. A blender really works best for the LL packs by far.

The startwberry LL also tases more like angel delight than the CD strawberry did.

I have discovered that the St Clements flavouring is gorgeous in hot water. Soothing and comforting, and make me feel like it is somehting more special than just water.

Everyone seems to be doing great - we can do this! I have my first drop-in tomorrow. I am excited, but dont want to know my weight until proper weigh-day next week. I hope I am not the 1 in a million who doesnt lose weight, and puts weight on!

Take Care

Pete, i thought if you were in ketosis then you can start on the bar a day. I didn't realise you didn't get them until after the first week:cry: oh well, will have to try the other milkshakes, see how i get on with them.

Drop, Think i will buy some of the St.clements to make ice lollies. Had a taste of it on Mon night and it was really nice. If the strawberry milkshake tastes like angel delight then i can handle that lol

Glad to say that my headaches have lifted as the painkillers didn't help at all. Thankfully i have been on days off so coped with feeling rubbish.

x

I would agree with Pete with the bars... I had some the middle of week one, and felt like crud on day 6-7... (or maybe thats just hoping if I wasnt in ketosis properly, I'll have another week-one-esque weight loss ;) ).

Its wierd... I lived with a hand blender perminantly attatched to me on CD, but unlike you all I'm finding them pretty smooth and frothy... maybe I developed a good wrist action somewhere... ;)

For me the first week buzz is over... back to reality... but settling into a nice shake/water consuming routine... so alls good. :D
Its starting to hit this isn't going to be a 3 week job... I've tried averaging it out, and think I should hit goal weight in february! Seems ages off now! Then RTM, hmmm should have finished my May.... If I have any money left by then! Just in time for the holiday season! :D

Its starting to hit this isn't going to be a 3 week job... I've tried averaging it out, and think I should hit goal weight in february! Seems ages off now! Then RTM, hmmm should have finished my May....

Try looking at it more as a goal weight, not a goal date. Your losses will continue throughout but almost everyone has them slow down towards the end; take me for instance, in the beginning I was planning to be at goal by March/April this year, but here I am now and with more to lose yet.

It's comforting to be able to think in a time-frame, I know, but in the long-term it's much better if you can just accept that it will take as long as it takes.

just my 0.02cents :)

Hello all ~ I am in the september starters, but thought I would take a look at your thread after Sunshine popped on to post earlier. :)

I am on week 6 now and have stuck to the programme 100%. As of my week 5 WI, I had lost 25lb.

I had bars after day 3 and I still lost 9.2lbs in my first week. My LLC said it was fine.
I drink lots of sparkling water as I find it goes down easier, and it is nice with the ST Clem flavouring.

Other little things i have picked up since starting ( in case you are interested! :p),
a proper big blender is far better for mixing....I put about 800ml of water in with my soups and blast it for 30 seconds...I love veg soup and thai chilli, especially when i add red tabasco sauce.
I have to say, I don't see my packs as just a necessity...I do enjoy them and I experiment to make them nicer.

With cold shakes, i fill a pint glass with cold water and blast in the blender too ~ lovely and frothy!

I also eat one veggie burger/bhaji type thing every night.
I mix a veg soup in a dish with 100ml warm water, some tabasco and 1 sweetner. I microwave it til "sticky" ( about 1min) then put the veggie "blob" on some tin foil on a tray, and grill both sides for a minute til just slightly brown. I have it with a big glass of sparkling water and I have loved this for a couple of weeks now. :)

I also eat one bar every day.

My first few days were horrid...bad headaches and nausea, but I feel fine now, and, when I get "hungry" thoughts, a good pint of water or a soup takes it away.

Oh, and I also bought a plastic lollipop making tray for £1, and I filled it with water mixed with a bit of te St Clem flavouring ~ lovely ice lollies!

Good luck everyone. :)

Last edited:
:D:D:D:D:D
Went for my pop in tonight which is day three and i am in ketosis and so far lost 6lb, i am well chuffed:D

Everyone in the group did really well, weight loss ranges were between 4lb - 10lb.

I did manage to swap some stuff for the bars which i was pleased about as they had samples and the peanut one was sooooo yummy.

Laydee, i will try those veg burgers, as a few of you on the other thread seemed to enjoy them.

Does this metallic taste stay with us right through this weight loss process?

This forum has really helped me stay focused and determined to carry on.

Thank you x

Hi Scottishlass, I started at the end of August and felt yukky for a while, but it does go away. Your first WI will really perk you up. If you continue to feel under the weather, take nice long baths and get some early nights....this seemed to help me. Take care, It is all worth it.....

Today was a hard day. Not to do with LL, just tons of stressors building up lately.
After moping around in self-pity for a while I think I've discovered the true purpose of this whole diet thing. You take away food, and alcohol (and in my case shopping since i'm so broke, and other usual comfort reactions since i'm in a new place) and instead of using things to numb and distract your left with just the truth; who you are, what you are, things you don't want to let yourself think about.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the zillions of shakes are going to be the difficult bit. And maybe the weightloss won''t be the best bit either. Though possibly thats a reflection of just where I am with a combination of things, rather than just the diet.

And Pete... I like thinking in time frames! Its comforting.. but its also a focus. Like the SMART plans. Or... well I'll admit I like the fact that foundation is a set time. I've done one week out of eleven (started later). Its nice to think of ten weeks to go rather than the overwhelmingness of months and months, or stones. But thats just me. :)

Yeah Random
10 weeks. It goes in a flash.Just think how long it would take on aconventional diet.
Doing LL you really do get to meet yourself stripped down to the basics. You have to be ready for it.
It sounds as though you are doing really well. Good luck.

Hi Random. You are right - remove all those things, strip us down to just US, and we have no choice but to face things or deal with things we once dealt with by stuffing ourselves. Hard work - but GOOD, IMPORTANT work. :)

The time will go fast as long as you keep your eyes on the prize. :)

Morning All,

Random - sorry to hear you are struggling. Others have said this is a difficult diet head-wise. All you can do is remind yourself why you chose LL, and keep at it. Your 10 weeks will fly by, and before you know it, a big chunk of excess weight will be gone.

Day 3 today, and so far am feeling fine. Mind you I did have a 3 hour nap when i got in from work yesterday! Then went to be as normal. i ahent had headaches (fingers crossed it satys that way) and have not really struggled with the no food, although OH kindly 'saved' me half a pizza last night cos he forgot about the diet. It smelled gorgeous, but I didnt even go near it!

I am planning a lovely bubbly bath tonight and a bit of a pamper session to celebrate getting through day 3. I peed on a ketostick last night and it went a very pale pinky colour, so I hope I am in ketosis. My mouth is furry, so hope it is ketosis already.

I dont feel any lighter, and havent weighed myself. I have my pop-in tonight, but dont want to know my weight until next week's official weigh-in. I just hope that I lose something. I have been 100% on plan, so will be disappointed if I only lose 1lb or so.

Hope everyone is doing well today. I am feeling the cold, so have a jumper and a cardigan on. I dont know if it is the weather, or just me! It is very crisp outside.

Have a good day all.

1 thing that kept me going on this diet/lifestyle change was porridge and peanut bar damn 2 things I couldn't live without either of them

Morning all!

Day 10 in the LL house! It is flying by... its wierd to think that soon it'll be weeks instead of days!

Hope everyones having a good morning! I woke up to a phone call about a job interview - which is a great start to any day! Wierdly enough its the one someone in my group put me onto... surrounded by yummy food, which is the bad thing... but I'm going stir crazy not working - and moneys always good! 6lbs off and maybe a job... LL sure does have benefits! (Now all I need is to meet the guy of my dreams at said job! ;) )

Its been so long since I had an interview I have to find something to wear... so a days shoppings in order. Must remember I'm going to be shrinking so not to get carried away!

SB, BL.. thanks. Part of me can't wait to be where you guys are and hopefully be as much of an inspiration to all us random starter people. But then I think the journeys going to be interesting, if not always fun and easy, and thats exiting too!

Back