Any October starters?????

Good to see the October starters all having great first weeks! :)

I'm honestly finding the whole low-to-no carb thing harder than sticking to the packs! So I think that come Friday I'm going to feel relieved to be back to a simple routine! :p Can't wait to (re)start now!!!!!

Good luck with your WI Randomgurl - I felt fab after mine last night!
Today though I am struggling to be honest - absolutely CRAVING food! I have had to take myself upstairs to our bedroom and am going for a bath - anything to distract myself.
I have had the beginnings of migrane all day - and am feeling a bit sick. Perhaps I haven't had enough water?:cry:

well done scottishlass and good luck randomgirl for tonight! got my 2nd weigh in later this evening so will let you know how it goes... i had a slip up on sat (won't go into details but it wasn't MAJOR) but hoping i've still lost - aiming for 3lbs! also got the worst tummy ache these last few days, having been to the *toilet* for about 6days now so need to get it all moving somehow!!

A bit about me:

haven't always been over weight, have put on 4stone since moving in with my bloke 4years ago and just need to get rid of it again. I feel I've lost a lot of confidence and am far less social/outgoing than i use to be, I also get nervous about speaking to more than a couple of people at a time as i'm worried they're just sitting there laughing at me i never use to be like this. I live on the london/kent border, work for the government in westminster, have a gorgeous boyfriend and am generally happy with life apart from my weight! that's me....

x x x x

Hi Hayley - welcome to the Octoberites!

I know what you mean about being content and putting on weight when you are happy in your relationship - that is what has done me also - 3 stones in the last 5 years.

What is really motiviating me lose it now is the fact that I turn 40 in february and I want to be slim and sexy for it!:D

Best of luck on your second WI - well done on your first week's loss 10lbs
x

K... so the weigh in. Well it wasn't as great as I'd have liked.... 6lbs, so not terrible, but not earth shattering either. I'll admit I was a teeny bit dissapointed... mainly because everyone else in the group had big losses and they're all a few weeks ahead! And because 1lb more would have meant no more obesity which would have been a nice start! On the plus side it does mean i'm 3 stone lighter than I was this time last year... and back to my coming-off-CD weight... and, as long as I hit 3lbs next week I'm at my 'swimming weight' - eeps!

Sunshine... I'm a fussy eater too. Which doesn't make things easy... plus I've decided to lay off the bars for a few weeks, and hate soups... and dont do chocolate or banana shakes... means for the next five months I have the choice between strawberry or vanilla!

Pete... I did the low-carb thing around 5-6 years ago and it worked great... though, that was when I was living with a great cook/shopper called Daddy... who presented it all in front of me. I retried earlier this year... but I think you have to be able to cook for it to work.. :( :p

Awww... I hope you feel better SL! Honestly, I think weeks 2-4 will be hardest.... when the 'yay, im on this diet thing' has worn off. We'll get there though. :)

Hey Hayley! :D
Welcome... and all that stuff! ;)
If its just the weight, in four months time when you have all of that and are skinny too!

I'm exactly the opposite... well weight wise rather than that I have a hugely depressing life. I've always been big, I remember being put on my first diet around my seventh birthday... I remember having to parade around in my swim suit getting measured. I wasn't -that- big though... a little more than average, but looking back at the pictures I wouldn't say I was hugely obese. Word of warning for you with kids... don't think just because you put them on diets it'll work. (the rebelious child at work ;) ).

I've only once been under 13 stone since I was 13. Right now its 13.10... so -hopefully- I'll break that barrier soon!

RG x

hey randomgurl, well done on the 6lbs! That's a great loss, in fact I've never had a loss bigger than that in nearly 12 months of LL! So be proud of yourself for it :)

The low-carb thing isn't bad really, I guess it's just what you get used to. Like abstinance, once you've done it for a week or two it's just routine and you don't think about it! I could probably keep it up and lose weight that way, but I want it all of NOW lol and I know that on LL I can be at my goal by Xmas! :D

Word of warning for you with kids... don't think just because you put them on diets it'll work. (the rebelious child at work ;) ).

So true. It's all about education, I think. Teaching them what is good and bad to eat, moderation, portion size, incorporating exercise into daily life, and so on. I'm not blaming my parents for my obesity issues, but they never did that with me. As a child I was always given more food if I asked for more food, always allowed snacks if I asked, was routinely given sweets as rewards for doing well in school, and so on. Looking back, I think "christ, no wonder I have such a bad relationship with food, it's been going on since birth!" :(

Of course, nowI'm an adult and the choices I make are solely my own. Still, it's hard to fight against 20-odd years of programmed behaviour!
But it can, nay, it WILL be done!

Hi all
Its my 1st day,just thought i d say hello and good luck to everyone starting.
I v tried every diet going but never anything like this,i have a good feeling about it tho.
:D

Yeah, I feel better about it today. And my sensible brain knows its 6lbs is pretty darn good. I think its because the 13's seem to be my barrier... and I want to crack it asap... 11lbs more to go!

I'm not blaming my parents either.... but I guess for me as a young kid it didn't feel like a healthy lifestyle... more like being singled out as not being able to have what my friends could have! .... but, for me, it just became a public thing.... and my friends always tease me for getting things off the kids menu's when we eat out, or comment on how little I eat generally (not knowing about secret eating - lol). Hopefully when I'm at a better weight I'll be able to develop some better, more normal eating habits.

Hey Jamie!
I'm wondering now if your a guy jamie or girl one,.... but whichever it is - Welcome! How're you finding day one?

Hope everyones having a good day! I still havent really got mine started... I have the joy of having to look for a job. :/
Though actually one of the girls in my group put me on a lead... so LL might be good for more than just weight loss! :D

RG x

Hi Randomgurl

I m a girl jamie :D
So far its not to bad,made a porridge but could not eat it so had a vanilla shake,but i think i m going to like the soups more.

Good luck with the job hunting hope you get something soon :)

hi all,

hope everyones having a fab week! some great weighlosses going on, well done!!!!

im currently on day 3 and finding it quite hard, harder than i did last year! iv not had any food at all but i have still been putting milk in my coffee. i know i shouldnt but it was all too much change so iv been cutting down this week, then il see how its affected my weigh loss as iv got mid week weigh later! i feel quite bloated due to all the water im drinking, but hopefully id have still lost, so we will soon see!!!!

have a great day everyone and il be back to update later xxxx

Hey Sarah-Louise... have you tried putting vanilla shake in your coffee? I don't drink the stuff, but I've heard its quite nice. :)
Hope it gets better... your nearly at the ketosis day... so hopefully you will by the weekend.

girl-jamie (as you will be known to me -for the next few minute anyhow ;) )... lots of people in my group are putting off porrage until a few weeks in... in the hopes that by then something warm and lumpy will be a treat... so maybe give it a try later.

RG - well done on your 6lbs!:)
Jamie - :welcome:welcome to the Octoberites - we seem to be a pretty friendly bunch so far. The forum as a whole is superb - so many people happy to help, give an encouraging word or pass on their wisdom - it really is a great help, you will enjoy it.
Sarah-Louise - the first few days are really tough, but hang in there kid - it does get better I promise x:hug99:

Well done on achieving a 6lb loss randomgurl, that's 3 bags less sugar to carry around with you this week:D
don't feel down about everyone else losing more, it was just their time x

aw thanks guys for your support, i really do appreciate it!

random gurl - yeah i have tried it, in fact i have it as my last shake each evening, not quite the same tho lol tho i do try to tell myself it is lol. im not sure if il get into keto as iv had the milk in coffee?? and i dont feel as rough as i did b4 when getting into keto. well done to u on your 6lb loss, thats fab!!! x

scottishlass - thank u! i know that once iv got over these first few days, il be fine, its just a bit harder than b4, wasnt prepared for that as i thought id find it easier, oops! x

It is lovely to see you all focused and supporting each other! Enjoy the journey and stay upbeat! :) Nothing worth having is easy.

Kat xx

can I join in?

I got my first week's packs last night, and am looking forward to getting into the plan.

I had porridge for breakfast, which was okay, but maybe I need to add more water next time. I have just had a chicken soup for lunch, and although it was okay as far as chicken soups go, it has left me with an odd aftertaste which is making me feel a bit sick. i hope it will pass, and am glugging more water to try to wash away the taste of the soup.

As way if introduction, i am Christine, got 5-6 stones to lose. Havent tried LL before, although gave CD a bash a while ago. I am hoping the group sessions will help me get my head straight, and help me stick to the plan. My group seem to be a good bunch, and we spent a lot of the session last night in giggles about being scared of milkshakes. I suppose you had to be there!

You are all doing so well - I cant wait to get a few days under my belt and feel confident that I can stick to just the packs.

Take Care

Hiya Christine!
I'm an ex-CD'er too. And my thinkings along the same lines really. Hopefully it'll work for both of us!

And milkshakes -are- scary things! ... hmm nope, can't convince myself, guess your right about having to be there. The soups on the other hand..... ;)

Well, I got over wanting to lose more... and now am doing a happy dance. Yay!

Well, almost managed to get through day 2:D

I am still so determined to get rid of this mass but i am really struggling with the food packs, haven't found any that i think i could eat regularly:(

Gonna try a milkshake for supper, first time for everything huh!!!!!

Do the CD packs just taste the same as the LL ones?

Do you think andrex sponsor LL......i have never piddled so much in my life lol

X

hey sunshine, perservere with the packs, you tastes will change quite quickly on LL. I've always found that in the first few days, the shakes are kinda bland and neutral, after about 4-6 days they start to taste really sweet and flavourful! I think it just takes a few days for your body/head/tastebuds to 'forget' other tastes and stop comparing the shakes to other tastier things.

Certainly once you've done a week or two, you will barely remember what other f**d really tastes like and the shakes/soups you decide to have will just become normaility to you :)

I agree with what Pete says. My tastes have changed so much on this diet. The only pack I seem to like week after week is vanilla, made cold, with a spoonful of coffee and 700mls of bottled water - hated it for the first 2-3 weeks but love it now! I also love half & half choc/vanilla with 700mls of water. The others are all too sweet for me and I cannot do the chocolate on its own!

Soups I can take or leave, I maybe have 1-3 a week.

I have a bar most days, warm peanut of toffee with a cup of peppermint tea.

Chop and change every now and again, your taste buds will surprise you.

Kat xx

Back