Any October starters?????

sarah-louise x

Silver Member
Hi all,

Just thought id give a shout out to any October Starters out there who would like to keep me and each other company on this journey? I know from past experience that group support is so important! So lets do this together!!!! See each other through the good and the bad and cross that finish line!!!!

I will be collecting my packs tmrw and will be starting on either thurs 1st oct or mon 5th oct, not decided which day is best yet, will prob start on monday and just enjoy my last weekend, sensabley of course! but if i feel prepared enough, i may just go for it and start on 1st oct :confused:

so who's with me??????

Hi! I am technically a Sept starter but felt a bit late in the day to join that group so can I join yours please?? Started last Tues, first weigh in tonight and have 4stone to lose in total. Defo up for supporting each other and looking forward to our first slimmer xmas! x x x

hi hayley,

welcome to october starters! so u have managed your 1st week well? i bet u r really excited about your first weigh in, i cant wait to see how well uv done!!!! A slimmer xmas, now that does sound good! iv got 6 stone to lose but i hope by xmas il be half way there. i know that time of year will be tough but i am determined to stick to this 100%! i know we can do this!!!

good luck with your first weigh in tonight and dont forget to let me know how u do!!!! xxxx

Not going to lie - first week has been hard with plenty of ups and downs! but the support on here has been great and it's so inspiring reading other people's success stories. I haven't actually felt too hungry at all - which surprised me - but I've missed 'eating' and have spent quite a lot of the week feeling sorry for myself. Which sounds bizzare as I got myself to this weight, and I am choosing to deal with it in this way but hey ho, funny things!

I'm 7% through now which doesn't sound at all bad...

I want to be 11st 7 but xmas, then plan to lose my last stone on RTM but I'll see how I feel when I'm there. Good luck on your journey too - we can do it! will update tonight with how I do, and good luck for your first meeting.

Some advice for the first meeting- dont listen to a thing other people say about what shakes/soups are nice, try them all on your first week and decide yourself! I made the silly mistake of getting loads of porridge (i was assured it's 'just like' ready brek) which I really didn't get on with and, having always been a savoury person, chose more soups than shakes which again was a bit of a mistake as I much prefer the shakes! ended up going back half way through the week to change everything! x x x

im not a complete newbie to this as i did it b4 i had my baby last year so i know only too well of how hard the first week can be. but u seemed to have got through in one piece so well done! feels good ay??? and your advice on trying all the packs for yourself is so true as also made that mistake last time and chose lots of soups which i hated, i much prefer the shakes!

i will be back on later as i gotta go college shortly, so i will catch up then.

enjoy the rest of the day xxx

Hi there, can I join in, today is my first day so although technically a September starter tomorrow is October so I really see myself as an Octoberite :)
Have found today not too bad to be honest, really liked the porridge, also both soups I have had, not all that keen on the vanilla shake but I have plenty more flavours of everything to try.
Ang
x

Good luck Sarah-louise
It is a hard journey at the beginning however it is sooo worth it.
I am not only losing weight but feel great - full of energy (you may not believe that in the first week!) and very optimistic of a thinner Xmas!
Just enjoy it!
Milli x

Hi Sarah Louise, I lost 10lbs at my first weigh in! really really chuffed!!

Welcome scottish lass x x x

Well done Hayley - how great does that feel?
It makes it all worth it doesn't it.
Keep it up - it will be a breeze from now on.

Milli x

Good luck all you October starters!

Kat xx

I started in October... last year! lol!
Kinda dragged out my journey, but am due to re-start sometime next week to get rid of my last 30-ish lbs (will know a better figure when I know what I weight properly).

so technically I am a double-October starter! :p

WOW! What a fantastic response from everyone! im well pleased :)

hayley, well done u! 10lb is a fantastic start, just what u need to help u to wk2, well done hun! xxxx

scottishlass, its great that u r with us! is porridge new as i dont remember that from last year? if u like coffee, u could try adding a spoon to the vanilla shake, it does change the flavor, as does experimenting with different coffee's. good to see u r off to a good positive start, well done for gettin through your first day :) xxx

milli, thank u so much for your lovely support! i see u too r doing fab! almost under that 200lb, u must be well excited about your next weigh in??? keep up the good work!! :) xxx

BL, hello again! lol i cant believe u r still going!!!!! well done to u!!! u r looking so fantastic, u must be so proud of yourself? congratulations on your huge success, i so hope i can do half as well as u have!!! :) xxxx

katalena, look at u! u too must be so proud of your self!!!! your goal is fast approaching, how exciting! and thank u for your kind words of support to us october starters, very much apreciated! xxx

and pete.......a guy!!!! lol u r doing fab!! a year on and still going strong, good for u!!!! ul loose that 30ish lb in no time at all! looking great i see ;) keep up your good work hun!!! best of luck for your new october start xxx

GOOD LUCK to everyone else too, hope iv not missed anyone out! cant wait to see how we all do!! sooooo exciting xxxxxxxxxx

I'm another not-technically october starter... and three whole shakes in!

I've done CD before... and though I quit before I got down to my target weight (christmas - eugh!), kept all but 4lbs off (though, after rushing around all day and not wanting to expose people to the feet-of-death it was shoes on - shoes weigh 4lbs, right? ;) )

So yeps. I'm here... and looking forward to getting to know y'all. :)

Well day 3 for me, and I have to confess I am feeling a bit yucky! Not hungry but tired and sick, bit like travel sickness, anyone else had this?
I am hoping that come tomorrow I will be in Ketosis and starting to feel a bit better.
For now I will just keep taking the packs and drinking the water (and going to the loo a million times a day :p)

Well done Scottishlass, you are in the hardest couple of days. I know the feeling you mean and it will pass and you will feel great. Stick with it, which I am sure you will! I went into Ketosis on day 3 so it may pass sooner than tomorrow.

Drink plenty of fluid and focus on other things if you can!

Your body will also get used to the the increase in water and you won't feel like you are going to the loo all the time. Either that or you just get used to it! lol

Well done.

Kat xx

Hows everyone doing?

Its my day-4 and last night I was bad. :whoopass:

Not hugely bad... It was only a LL bar, and I hadn't had all four meals yet... however I was told to not have any until day 5.... and had already had one that morning due to running really late. I'm trying to guade the emotional aspect of it.... yeah, its only an allowed bar... but I had a compulsion to eat it much like other previous compulsions to drive to asda in the middle of the night and gorge on cakes.

I'm also struggling actually eating all the meals. Its NOT that I'm under some stupid impression that by eating less than what we get is going to speed up weightloss - if anything its going to reduce it.... but I've always been one to pick or binge rather than 3-meals a day... and its not unheard of that when i'm not in a picking/binging mood I'll suddenly realize I haven't eaten anything in a few days. :/

Other than that, and needing to up the water consumption the diet things going good. Slight lightheadedness, but no headaches.... and I swear thursday seemed to be giving away free food day... and I dutifully handed the free pizza, candy and chocolate over to a friend :p

So... whatcha all upto?

:clap:Randomgurl - don't beat yourself up. It's good that you recognised your pattern of behaviour. Your next challenge is to make sure that you do eat all your foodpack each day. How about setting an alarm for every 4 hours or so for it to remind you to have a pack?

I am into day 5 and am sooo happy to report that I am firmly in ketosis and the constant nawing hunger that I had in the first few days now seems to have subsided:clap:

Yay for ketosis!
Getting theres the first battle, but it'll be worth it when you go for your first weigh in. I know its different for everyone but I know when I did cambridge for a few months last year after the first two weeks it became routine and rarely thought about conventional eating.

I'm going to try alarm setting now... great idea! :D

hi there, joining in with the October bunch:wavey:

Went along to the information session last week and going for my first class tomorrow night 5/10/09

I haven't given myself any goals yet, think i just need to get through the first week.

Does anyone do nightshifts?
I will be starting a week of nights on 12/10 and am trying to get my head round the times that i will be using my packs.

good luck to everyone:)

Back