Any October starters?????

There really is indiepixie, it doesn't matter if you want to rant, rave, moan, cheer, ask for help, offer advice, it is welcomed and friendly and people will try and help and support you.

Kat xx

Welcome and good luck Pixie.

It all goes so fast and soon you will be in da zone!!!

Keep us updated with your progress

Jez
xx

Hey Indie!
I think, it doesnt matter when you start... I mean, as a november starter (on cd) who gave up in Jan after being sick part of mes like dammm I could be there now! BUT... its too easy to think that, instead use it for motivation... Where do you want to be in nine months time... still saying I should have done it then?

At least thats what I reckon. Also starting in Jan you wouldnt be an Octoberite... and we are pretty awesome. ;)

Your nearly the same start (well, restart)-goal weight as me... 198-136... so theres not much in it ... I think its exiting the thought of being normal, or near normal weight by christmas!

Hows everyone else doing? I'm freeezing! I forgot about that part! At least its a sign everythings going right! Weigh in is two days away... I'm hoping for a four... though three will be happy with as it means I'll have to drag myself to the pool. (promised myself last year when I got to 189 I would! - and got as close as 190.5!)

I'm at the end of day 3, so far feel brilliant! Cold, sure, but mentally and physically great :D I think the low-carbing for 7 days beforehand has really helped me out, so glad I did that :) Hope everyone else is doing well too, good luck to those who have WI's soon, I've got my next one on Friday, hoping for a good 5lbs+ loss as it's the first week, though having had less carbs that might be a little ambitious - we shall see!

Aside from LL, I'm starting my Ju-Jitsu classes this Wednesday, can't wait! Did Karate when I was younger but got bored as it's all non-contact, with JJ I get to learn throws, spar etc. and down the line to learn weapons as well! :D :D :D Should be great for improving fitness too!

Have a great Monday everyone :)

Great to see you are back on Pete!

Good luck for that WI!

Kat xx

Welcome indie.

Day 7 for me and got weigh in tonight. Can't believe how good i am feeling. Yeh, i had a rubbish few days with headaches that wouldn't shift but that has all passed.

I have thought of eating a couple of times but haven't actually felt hungry which i find really weird, lol

Wishing you all lots of losses this week:D

Day six

Hi All,

Managed the weekend without too much trouble. Boredom set in on saturday, and I was a bit fed up, so almost ate 2 bars (I didnt dare think of eating anything else). I didnt, and put my remaining bars in the freezer for safe-keeping!

Ketosis breath is making me paranoid. I wonder if anyone at work can smell it - I am drinking gallons of water to try to keep my mouth from drying out, but it doesnt seem to be helping. Anyone else having this problem? I must get a breath spray. Any tips for which to get would be greatfully received.

Sunshine- fingers crossed for your weigh-in. My first weigh-in is tomorrow, and I am scared and excited about it at the same time. I really hope I have a good loss to prove that I have stuck to the plan 100%.

I have vegetable soup planned for lunch - I hope it is nicer than the chicken. I seem to be preferring the shakes to the soups. Chocolate is lush!

Have a good day all!

Drop, i bought a macleans confidence "fresh breath" from tesco. It doesn't seem as nippy as gold spot and appears to be helping.....haven't knocked anyone out yet or they are just being to polite lol.

Had a strawberry shake for brekkie. I really don't like the soups so am gonna stick with the shakes for now. I actually feel very full after, no, half way through a glass.....how weird!
Not keen on the choccy one myself but find the banana and strawberry ok. Will pick up a vanilla tonight, if i like it then that will be my menu sorted:D

Happy shaking x

Just catching up with the thread, I haven’t been around for a few days as I have been up to my eyes in studying for my final chartered exam next Tuesday. :sigh:

Quick update on me – today is Day 14, and I am feeling absolutely fantastic, full of energy, sleeping like a baby at night, no trouble getting up in the morning which is a miraculous change I can tell you!:D I am in a routine with the foodpacks and don’t really give food a thought to be honest. 2nd WI tonight so excited and nervous to see what I have lost this week – I actually had a dream that I put on! – but I am firmly in ketosis so I should have lost something!?:happy036:

Pete – how have the first couple of days been? Toa*st!!??? Stop swearing at me lol! :eek::drool:Good luck with the Ju Jitzu – sounds like great fun.

Hey Jez – glad to see you are keeping an eye on us, your story is very inspiring! I have also been reading your RTM diary and have to say your recipes all sound totally amazing – I will be using them when it comes around for me! Have you thought about writing a cookbook???

Indie – welcome to the Octoberites.:welcome2: Random’s right we are awesome Your 60lbs will be gone in a flash x

Random – I am also feeling the cold a bit, and I have never been a ‘cauld tattie’ before – my nose is always freezing! Maybe it means I am healthy like my dogs??? LOL. I am also hoping to lose 4lbs but will be happy with anything to be honest as it is all going in the right direction – ‘doonwards’:party0049:

Dropsofjupiter – the first week is definitely the hardest – I have found that my second week has literally flown by and with no hunger. For the smelly breath, keep drinking the water, I clean my teeth and tongue a few times a day, and if I have a client meeting I use gold spot breath spray. The smell is definitely less repulsive than it was a week ago so it will improve for you.:hug99:

Have a great week everyone – looking forward to hearing about all the losses

:talk017:

Last edited:
Hi girls and guys! Well i was away with work last week so forgot to come on and post my 2lb loss. it was my TOTM so I'm not too upset but it's not great for week 2. Still, another weigh in tomorrow and if i get 2lbs again I'll hit my stone in 3weeks target!

:break_diet: I have had the most awful week though, went to wedding on friday and lapsed (with alcohol). Then thought "what the hell" and have been cheating ever since. I haven't gone all out crazy, but I've been having salad every evening and the odd tin of soup here and there :cry:

Anywho. I'm not going to give up. have stuck to it 100% today and plan to keep it at it from now on. Not going to throw in the towel!

Good to hear all you octoberites are getting on well, before we know it we'll be skinny minnies at xmas! hugs x x x x

Just a quick update from my 2nd WI - 3lbs:clap: very pleased - 11lbs so far:D

Hayley - draw a line under it hun, don't beat yourself up - you will be back into the swing of things in no time. It does go to show that we need to be careful in social situations - I have a few functions in the next few weeks but I have already made a committment to myself that I am not going to drink - as my resolve totally goes when I drink:rolleyes:

Hello all I'm an October starter, today was my first day on LL (didn't go too well) however, my group sessions and weigh ins are on Sunday night. I'm looking forward to completing this journey with you all. Godd luck peeps x

sunshine... how did you go? huh? huh? ;)
And scottishlass! Well done! *does the happy dance for you*

*Sits waiting impatiently to hear from sunshine*

And welcome wessa!

Sooo... Day 13 done for me. I admit it... I've been bad and only just had my third shake.... wierdly enough I've noticed doing this that part of my problem is I'm too lazy to eat! (meaning when I do, its either picking as I walk by the fridge, or end of day I havent eaten yet gorge!)

I've been trying to walk more... just in general rather than relying on the car. Today I went to my letting agents (because they owed -me- money - yay! ... but then charged a pound for giving me back my money - lol)... anyhow, I figured it'd be a treck, and planned for a couple of hours out the house... it turned out a LOT closer than I thought and actually a nice leisurely stroll. Makes me wonder why I dont walk more often :D

Hayley... half the battle is not falling to pieces over 'cheats'... they happen, probably for 98% of LLers. I know once when I was on CD after getting a 'just a wee little bit absolutely smashed out of my head' (as I informed my councellor) I lost 3lbs... and 5 the next week. I mean, its not recomended, other times I've gone from one cheat, to another to sod-it - which is why I'm a vlcd returner and not already there! I just mean cheats arent the end of the world, as long as you can control them and pull yourself back.

SL.. im full of energy too... have this strange urge to go for a run (then remember I cant run - lol)

DOJ,,, I agree breath seems better this week... water helps a lot... also 3x a day teeth brushing! Well done for resisting saturday!

Pete,... I'm so jellous! Up until a year ago I did taekwondo (stopped with non related injury thats still playing up)... it (well, its not the same, but martial arts in general) reallly improves fitness, and is amazing fun.... I've been staring longinly at my sparring gear for ages :( ;)

First week weigh in.....10.5lb:D i am well chuffed.

Felt sorry for one of the ladies in my group, she lost 3.5lb in her first week. Before she came to the weigh in she had, 2 mugs coffee, mug of soup and when she was waiting to be weighed she had a broth mix and a large glass of water. She then found out that it is best not to drink 1hr before class as 1ltr of water is roughly 1lb. Really hope she gets a bigger loss next week, she was clearly upset.

Welcome wessa, it does get better.

Drop, looking forward to seeing your loss after first weigh in

Hayley, well done on your loss, 2lb is better off than on huh! good luck today.

Scottishlass, well done on your losses, good luck with the exam on Tues, fingers crossed for ya hon.

randomgurl, I was naughty yesterday, didn't have the time to have all my shakes, managed 2 and half a peanut bar.
Not sure how i gonna manage today as i was on nightshift last night and always feel crap the day after so am gonna struggle to get them down.

Good luck to all that have weigh in coming up, you're all doing so well.
Keep up the good work:D

Last edited:
Random – looking forward to hearing about your loss this week – its your WI today isn’t it?:confused:

Sunshine! – fantastic – you go girl! It definitely makes the first few days of pain worthwhile doesn’t it?!:happy036:

Keep it up girls – us Octoberites are rocking!:wow:

10.5! Awesome!
Well done you - bet that makes the week worth it!!!

Yep, my weigh in's at 6.30... have a job interview first though! Right now it seems like my LL journey depends more on being able to generate more money than it does on my willpower :(

Last week I did the oposite to your group-lady...didn't drink or eat before weigh in... well I'd had two packs before 1ish... but by the time it came around I was sitting their starving - and had drink after drink one after the other cuz my mouth was so dry so spent a good deal of the session needing to pee! doh!

Hi Wessa – welcome to the best forum support around. :welcome:
How are you finding your fresh start? Again, to echo what the other have said – once you are in ketosis your hunger does go X

Day 7 already. Weigh in tonight. I am scared, excited and looking forward to it. I hope I lose a decent amount. Its this self doubt that is annoying me. I mean, I have been completely on plan, so there is no reason why I shouldnt have lost.

Sunshine - brilliant loss! Well done you. You are off to a great start. I hope I can follow in your footsteps!

Hi Wessa, this lot in this thread are really supportive. welcome.

Scottish - 11lbs in 2 weeks is amazing! Keep up the good work.

Random - Good on you for making the effort and walking. I think to myself that I should walk more. The mutt might have a treat this evening of a walk longer than is necessity to do her business!

I even survived having to give instructions step by step to OH last night whilst he was making his dinner. I was a bit hungry, but not too much, and the food didnt even tempt me that much. I thought a week of abstinence was too much to waste for a nibble that would ruin my efforts.

I will report my loss (I hope!) tonight. I cant wait to update my ticker! Sad, really! Its the litte things....

Take Care

Well... done interviewing and trying to force myself to have my lunchtime shake... only trouble is I just have chocolate left and ... well bleugh!

Get the call about the job later today... so I'm hoping tonight I'll have both a great weight loss and new job... on the other hand a nope and crud/no weight loss and I might just cry!
*lots of crossed fingers!*

I'm also starting to get nervous about things talked about in the group. I'm not a share-y person. Well, I am... just not when its me doing the sharing!

Drops... good luck tonight!

Back