Any one in to cake making or cake design? Xx

Yeah tasting would be my issue. My son is s bit young for all that yet. He just eats sprinkles if I try. I have been alright the last 6 months. Here's 3 I've done. The next I'm making is a lightening McQueen for my sons birthday

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120424_101523.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120424_101523.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 136
  • ForumRunner_20120424_101546.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120424_101546.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 132
  • ForumRunner_20120424_101614.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120424_101614.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 136
Pretty - i like the cala lilly one :) I did a cars cake for my boys birthday too. Was all go for batman but he changed his mind the day before lol. Are you carving the shape?

Yesterday's football cake and matching cupcakes :) off to cake international in London tomorrow how exited am I x

image-3729306095.jpg

image-2299303240.jpg

Nice cakes. Am very jealous about cake international. I managed to win some tickets and ended up having to give them away as couldn't afford to get to London. Will make sure I go to Birmingham in November again. Have a good time!

ellen83 said:
Nice cakes. Am very jealous about cake international. I managed to win some tickets and ended up having to give them away as couldn't afford to get to London. Will make sure I go to Birmingham in November again. Have a good time!

Thanks :) I couldn't make Birmingham which would have been ideal as i live in Birmingham but didn't want to wait until November lol. Was thinking about the cake and bake one but thought one is enough for now considering its a hobby x

Thanks :) I couldn't make Birmingham which would have been ideal as i live in Birmingham but didn't want to wait until November lol. Was thinking about the cake and bake one but thought one is enough for now considering its a hobby x

I went to Birmingham last year, spent SO much money, it's dangerous! I live in Plymouth now but used to live in Loughborough near Leicester and went to Uni at Staffs so know the Midlands quite well. Plymouth is SO far from everywhere but at least if I go to Birmingham I can stop at my dad's and can leave the boys with him for a few hours rather then either take them with me or leave them for longer (not a problem with my toddler but is an issue with my 1 year old as still breastfeeding).

I'm sure you'll have an ace time!

ellen83 said:
I went to Birmingham last year, spent SO much money, it's dangerous! I live in Plymouth now but used to live in Loughborough near Leicester and went to Uni at Staffs so know the Midlands quite well. Plymouth is SO far from everywhere but at least if I go to Birmingham I can stop at my dad's and can leave the boys with him for a few hours rather then either take them with me or leave them for longer (not a problem with my toddler but is an issue with my 1 year old as still breastfeeding).

I'm sure you'll have an ace time!

Lol that's what I'm afraid of haha x

Lol that's what I'm afraid of haha x

Just set yourself a budget, have an idea of what you NEED (what you will use in the near future) and things you may want but only if they come within your budget. My tip would be to have a look around the whole place first, you can do more then one lap of the place... it's easy to get carried away, especially when everyone is going mental!

ellen83 said:
Just set yourself a budget, have an idea of what you NEED (what you will use in the near future) and things you may want but only if they come within your budget. My tip would be to have a look around the whole place first, you can do more then one lap of the place... it's easy to get carried away, especially when everyone is going mental!

Oh you're so sensible. What a spoil sport ;) x

I wish I could do this! I tried to make a Steelers cake for the Superbowl and it went terribly. Does anyone have any good resources for beginners?

kathyd said:
I wish I could do this! I tried to make a Steelers cake for the Superbowl and it went terribly. Does anyone have any good resources for beginners?

What bit went wrong? Google is my god send if you search for what you're trying to do you'll generally find a tutorial x

What bit went wrong? Google is my god send if you search for what you're trying to do you'll generally find a tutorial x

Google is the best! lol

How did you enjoy cake international? Spend a small fortune?

Not too much actually. It was heaving and you couldn't really get near any of the stands :( i bought myself a cake pop mould and stand to have a play with then just some square cutters and some cupcake cases. Nothing too exiting. Definitely not worth driving to london for lol. I just need to make myself time to try out some more bits now x I'm on holiday next week then have a sleeping beauty cake and a willy cake coming up. You guys got anything coming up? x

Not too much actually. It was heaving and you couldn't really get near any of the stands :( i bought myself a cake pop mould and stand to have a play with then just some square cutters and some cupcake cases. Nothing too exiting. Definitely not worth driving to london for lol. I just need to make myself time to try out some more bits now x I'm on holiday next week then have a sleeping beauty cake and a willy cake coming up. You guys got anything coming up? x

What a shame, Birmingham was really good when I went. Bet it was nice to see the competition cakes though?

Not really got too much on cake wise (which is good seeing as I'm STILL waiting for my oven to get fixed - stupid agents). Am looking to try my hand at a cupcake bouquet in the next couple of weeks and hopefully figure out a plan for getting spirograph patterns onto a wedding cake and looking good!

Back