Any September Starters?!

My legs are quite happy for the reprieve - they *STILL* hurt gong down the stairs!!! I think it's been helping me with my measurements though - in one week i lost 3" off my bust, 1" off my waist and 4" off my hips.....and i'm sure Jillian's helping!! Plus, if i exercise now, i'm hoping to avoid the "Excess skin" by having abs instead!! LOL!!!!!! xxx

Mrs B those inch loss figures sound amazing - well done you, 3 inches from your bust - wow wow wow - it has inspired me to do some exercise - i have the Zumba Wii game i might attempt that tonight!
Welcome Fiona, is today day 1 for you ?
x

I have zumba wii too - but without other ppl i always feel a bit silly!! Still, it's only my son who laughs at me!! Hahaha!!

Hi Fiona - Welcome to Minimins!!! :welcome2:
How far are you on Lighterlife!? Hope you are doing well!! Look forward to chatting to yoU!! xxx

Mrs B, or should i say Jodie now we are friends :) just nosed at your photos and wow you look stunning in that blue flowery dress - check you out!!! x

Haha!! Thanks hon! It's from Vivien of Holloway and i ADORE her dresses!! When i get to goal (or just before) i'll be getting a new one - just can't decide which!!!!

I still don't now your name - but if you wanna keep it anonymous, that's ok too!! :) xxxx

Sorry hun - no need to be anonymous - my name is Pym!!!
i havent thought what i want to wear when i get to goal - i think i might want to change my style and be more daring - over the past 10 years i have lived in black and dark colours - hoping it will make me look smaller, recently i have a few different colour tops and people compliment me saying colour suits me !!! i cant wait to wear a sleeveless dress or top and think wow my arms dont look huge !!!
x

Yeah i know that feeling!! I hate my arms too, but by March, we will literally be new spring chickens ready to flaunt our new selves (March is my estimated goal date!!!)

I think we'll be buying different stuff and daring to flaunt our new bodies for all they're worth!!!

Wow - never met anyone called Pym before - pleased to meet you!!! :) xxxxx

i am hoping to lose 3 -3.5 stone !! i am imagining i get the bulk it off this side of Xmas, the 100 days or so take me to the start of December, and then to start RTM. we have amazing Christmas parties at work and i hope to wear a lovely slinky dress to show of the new Pym!
looked at that vivien website - i might even really push the boat out and get one of them dresses for Christmas - they really arent me but hopefully will be me!!!
x

Fiona - just take it week by week, its so much easier then - we're on week 2, so you're not far behind!
As long as you're in it for the long haul - it'll all be worth it!!!

Pym - i have more than you to lose - i'm hoping to get rid of about 6 stone.....which is why i said March!!! I know i'll be looking tons better by xmas though!! Just don't want to get halfway there and think that it's ok to quit!! (Hence why my stats are ridiculous!! I don't really want to be 100lbs as i'd be ill, but if i put 120lb, i might get to, say 140, and be tempted to quit or cheat!!!

Madness, i know!! And i'm sure you would look fab in a VoH dress - i've yet to meet anyone who doesn't!! xxxxxx

Jodie - what weight woudl you ideally like to get down to - just seen your stats - not only did we start on the same day but we are nearly the same start weight!!!
dont even let thoughts of giving up or quitting or cheating enter ur head, you are not giving up this time - never. you must always picture the end goal in your head and carry that image with you always, live that image Jodie and i assure you that you will get there.
keep smiling chick and being postitive.
x

Hello all!
Sorry not been very chatty today not had a chance busy day at work!
Welcome to the group Fiona were a friendly bunch and support each other and like mrs b said were only a week ahead of you well I'm on day 6 so technically I'm only 5 days ahead of you! Good luck with your first few days, you will find you will go up and down! I felt down earlier but I'm up on top of the world again..... These girls are so supportive!!!
Hope everyone has had a good day!
I've had a porridge and choc pack so far and think I'm gonna have another one in min for tea. Feeling ok just keep thinking of me next year looking and feeling fab and it's spurring me on again! Your words were so motivating girls and like you said what's a year in the scheme of things?! Really appreciate it!!!
Not been very good with water only drank about a litre so must make sure I keep glugging this evening!
Tia xxxxxxxxx

Hi girlies!! I'm back again!! Had to pop back into college as one of my old tutors very kindly offered to help me with my 2012 UCAS application, love her!!! Ended up spending 3 hours there, and revising my Personal Statement, so a productive afternoon methinks!!!!

Pym: I think i'd be happy at about 120lbs ish, maybe a touch lower in case i gain a little extra when i start to eat again!!!! That would put my BMI at 21, which is apparently the healthiest and most attractive, according to my friend!!!

Tia: I'm glad you're feeling better hon!! It's my turn to be annoyed - i didn't make it to zumba, so will have to do JM in my cramped little room...not fun!!! I'm also struggling with water, but making more of an effort when i remember!!!

Just had my lunch/Dinner of chilli soup (lol!!) and then i'll get on with JM!! I made some "vanilla ice cream" for dessert, and will have my trusted peanut bar for night time snackage!!! YUM!!!

Hope you're having a good evening!! x

Sounds like you have had a productive afternoon! God been there with personal statement writing and rewriting! What you applying for?! Good luck with it Uni is good fun altho hard work!
Oh poor u missing Zumba but remember what u achieved this afternoon and I'm sure u can do ur shred!
I've not done any exercise this week! Maybe I should think about doing something! Would love to do zumba
But nearly every class near me there is ppl in it I no and until I have confidence in body I wouldn't wanna go...........me red and sweaty not a good look!!!!
Maybe I'll think about getting wii fit?! Or fitness DVDs?! Actually come to think of it my mum had a exercise bike maybe I need to start going round there and using it!
Sorry .....talkin about me lol just had thoughts n carried on typing hahaha!
So yrh anyway well done hun for a great and productive day! Xxx

Thanks for the praise, but unfortunately it's not warranted.
Just did 10 minutes of JMs shred....got through the warm up, but then got this horrendous shooting pain in the back of my head that just wouldn't ease up....i ended up sitting for 15 minutes waiting for it to go, and even know its just pulsing away in the background.

My OH thinks it might be dehydration - whatever it is, it doesn't feel good, and i cant continue exercise tonight!! Gonna have paracetamol, drink a ton of water and hope tomorrow is better!!

If it wasn't for people raving about JM i would never have bought a workout DVD, but i really like her!! I also have the biggest loser on the wii so try to do that when i can! xxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry! Forgot to answer uni stuff!! I've just finished an access course to nursing, and applied this year (and was unsuccesfull) for Midwifery. So trying to get my application in early, to stand half a chance!!!! I'd like to go King's or Greenwich, so fingers crossed for this year!

I'm gutted though as i helped all my friends do theirs...and they all got in, and i didn't!! Grrr! Still, it's a bittersweet feeling - i'm happy for them, but utterly jealous!! xxxx

Awwww don't be 2 hard on urself! Better to stop than make urself I'll! Just take it easy and drink lots!
Wow midwifery that's sounds good!!! Best of luck with the application! Bless u what a pain when they all got in and u didnt....what a good friend u are tho!

Hi guys!

Just came across this thread, for those ive yet to meet im Lozz and i'm a returner... I didnt finish what I started for various reasons/excuses (how ever I look at it)
I had my first weigh in yesterday and i'm -5lbs down!
Happy to meet you all xxx
Good luck to you all...

I've planned on drinking a gallon and then going to bed, so that should hopefully do the trick!!!

I'd like to think i'm a good friend, but i'd be lying if i wasn't massively annoyed at the same time!!
The worst feeling is because my good friend (who we'll call Faith) needed a lot of help with her application, and i was more than willing. She didn't know which uni's to apply for, so i gave her a run down of my favourites, and reasons to choose them, and she decided to just put my choices down as a back up (My first choice was King's, and then Greenwich)
Then, she managed to get some work experience AT Kings (via a friend of her sisters) Even though i begged, she wouldn't put in a good word for me (Its all about who you know!) and then after that, she decided she didn't want to do midwifery, and couldn't remember why she'd applied in the first place.

I told her i'd still help her all i could, and will support her every step, but what did she want to do now. She said she'd cancel all her current choices, and would go through extra/clearing to do paediatrics.

I told her to hold off cancelling, and just see what happened.

She got midwifery

At Kings.

And i was devastated.

Still am if i'm honest, because i honestly don't know that she'll stick it out. As i see it, that's my place, and she's going to waste it!!

So i guess i'm not that good a friend after all!?!?! Lol!!

C'est La Vie and all that!!

Thanks for the good luck though!! Think i've finished my PS now, but waiting to see if my friends will read it on a student midwife forum....tense times!!! Hahaha!!

Eating my "ice cream" to counteract the panic!!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back