Any Suggestions for Eliminating Fatigue?

Oinkstop

Well here I am on day 7 of Sole Source, and I have to say that I am TIRED. Not only am I physically tired, I'm also fighting a great deal of mental fatigue.

The physical tiredness I don't mind so much, but the mental fatigue is starting to become bothersome.

My job requires me to be mentally sharp, and it's definitely been affecting my performance for the past couple of days. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help? I've been taking my shakes on time, and have been pushing the water and green tea, but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

DO you drink coffee? I don't partake of caffeine myself, but it may just help...black coffee of course...

It was very different for me, the way I knew the ketosis was working for me was that I started feeling more awake & energetic and sharper... maybe you need to give it a bit longer and settle into it? Also, ask you CDC for advice. I know a lot of us feel the very opposite one the ketosis really kicks in, it sounds as though your body may still be adjusting. Chin up!
xxx

Also, ask you CDC for advice. I know a lot of us feel the very opposite one the ketosis really kicks in, it sounds as though your body may still be adjusting. Chin up!
xxx

I would love to ask my CDC for one if there was one available. There are none where I live, so I just ordered the product from the Cambridge USA web site. It seems there aren't many counselors out there, and I got the impression from their Web site that they would be happy to sell me a distributorship.

OK... maybe post a thread asking for CDC help on here... a few CDCs use the site and are a mine of useful advice & info. Hope it's going a bit better for you today...
xxx

OK... maybe post a thread asking for CDC help on here... a few CDCs use the site and are a mine of useful advice & info. Hope it's going a bit better for you today...
xxx

I'm still pretty tired, but I'm feeling better this evening because I quit work a little early today and called one of my Deaf friends on the videophone. For some reason, having a chat with someone in sign language always makes me feel better.

Funny, how odd things like that can completely change someone's mood, isn't it?

I had a bypass and as you only absorb 30% of the calories and good stuff from food you can basically become malnourished. To combat this I have to take a multi vitamin daily for life. They really do work. I ran out of them and it took me two weeks to renew the script with work etc. Boy did I feel the difference. I was so tired, emotional and my brain felt it was in a fog. I also have a job where you need to be so on the ball at all times and it was murder trying to work. As you are restricting your food intake they would no doubt help replace some of the things your body requires that the CD is not giving you. I will never be without my vits again...xx

Charlie, that's really interesting. I had wondered how much of my energy, focus and sharpness on CD come from actually have the 3/4 packs each day & therefore all the vits. minerals, protein, fat & carbs you need... ie, nutrition all covered. I wonder if I will notice a difference afterwards.
Can I be majorly cheeky and ask which brand of multivits you use? I'd love to hang onto that switched-on feeling, I too work long hours and have a very full-on job.
Thanks for getting me thinking!
Oink, glad you are feeling better. Friends are the best... guaranteed to put a smile on your face! Here's to another good day.
xxx

The tablets that I get are from the GP and are called FORCEVAL...they are especially designed for malnourishment. It may be worth asking your GP about them. I never ever bought into the story about vitamins I used to think they were a rip off and just a waste of time but I tell you if you had seen the difference in me. I am now on to day three of resuming them and feel wide awake again....prior to this I could not drag myself out of bed...let me know how you get on...xx

I'm still pretty tired, but I'm feeling better this evening because I quit work a little early today and called one of my Deaf friends on the videophone. For some reason, having a chat with someone in sign language always makes me feel better.

Funny, how odd things like that can completely change someone's mood, isn't it?

Yeah...I have a group of deaf friends and the way they communicate just makes me so peaceful and smile...it is such a lively way to communicate, face, body and hands...

I have a hearing problem and I wonder if i may need to learn sign language at some point because I really can't lipread.

I am fluent in ASL (American Sign Language) and I didn't find it all that difficult to learn. Now I know that ASL and BSL (British Sign Language) are substantially different, but I don't think BSL would be much harder to learn.

Go for it!

I am finding on LL that I was fairly tired and brain foggy in the first couple of weeks. I started taking udo oil (omega 3,6,9) and the brain fog went. This week I should have hit 2 stone loss, and suddenly my energy levels have majorly kicked up a gear! It's week 6 for me now. So it may be that as you lose more weight you will find you get more energy cos you're not having to lug all that weight around?

Hi, I just found that grabing some early nights in the first two weeks really helps. I like the term brain foggy, that's exactly how I felt and it normally hit me around 2.30 in the afternoon at work. I had to go outside in the cold air and blast the brain.
This feeling does pass though and by week 3, I was feeling much better and now on week 6 I am not exoeriencing brain fog ( well apart from the normal craziness that comes on with being a certain age!!!!)
Hope you feel better soon, chance to pamper yourself with some early nights, big hugs:D

There are always supplements you can take...multivits/mins and then the energy giving ones like ginseng, guarana, etc...

Even before I started the diet, tired was sort of the way I felt most of the time. I've been feeling even more tired than usual for the past few days, so I'm just hoping it will get better as I lose weight.

I am totally there with you all. Brain foggy and tired. But I've stopped sleeping! Wake up everyday at 3am and can't always get back to sleep (hence I am on here at 4.40am!) My job is not really one that I can deal with in this state for much longer. I need to be really balanced and I can feel myself getting more and more tense and stroppy. I often feel like being a toddler and throwing myself on the ground, screaming and flailing my limbs! lol. I am hoping that as I lose the weight I will become more centred as I will need less food to cope and the hideousness of my bed will be somewhat counteracted by weighing less.

Back