Any vegetarians out there with some good advice?

neffa

Hi, I've just signed up to SW on Sunday. I've been following EE and will do till sunday but advice from here suggests I should be doing Green Days which I will do from sunday.

Still trying to get my head around it all. Coming from WW I'm feeling very naughty all the time, cheese, pasta, bread, potatoes = HEAVEN :)

Read through Your book (or SW online) for the full plan info. But basically, you keep the carb element (rice, potatoes, pasta, noodles etc) as free foods, and obviously fruit and vegetables too. Then you have two A's and to B's for HEX's a day. Then syns on top.
I'm veggie, and would definitely say do green- EE is kind of pointless otherwise and you get less HEX's!

Gr8 advice, thanks. Will def swap to Green...maybe today and not wait till sunday. :)

Just make sure you still eat one third superfree . Tofu is a great versatile product that you can incorporate easily into recipes.

I need to find some ideas for tofu as I've tried it in stir fries etc and don't like it.

I,ve tried the silken...urgh and the smoked ones... not my cup of tea lol
Then again I'm a strange vegetarian. I don't like eggs, quorn or tofu and can only eat certain cheeses. My husband says I'm a nightmare but hey... I'm just me :)

I like the silken firm, I drain it and cube it and cook it in Actifry sprayed with spraylite and add garlic and chilli flakes. It doesnt taste the same as the smoked but it has texture so it can be added to salads or stirfrys . I like to add a blue dragon sauce to it after I have cooked it, Hoi Sin or Garlic and chilli, really tasty but 4 syns per portion so have to limit myself.

Daft question but are you drying the tofu out before you slice it and use it? A good way to do this is to freeze it first, then allow it to defrost on kitchen paper, then gently squeeze and pat the tofu with more dry kitchen paper to get as much of the liquid out as possible. It gives it a much nicer texture IMO. I like the marinated kind best.

I was a vegetarian for 28 years until i succumb to the bacon sarnie! Go green definitely, you have nothing to gain by EE only losing 2 Healthy Extras. I love tofu but do normally baked it in frylight until crispy, its tastes yummy then in my opinion.

Thanks for all the tofu advice. That can be my new 'try' for next week :D

I have some Tofu in the fridge marinating in Tikka , made with ff yogurt and Tikka spice, the stuff you use for chicken tikka. from the asian shop, so no syns, will cook in actifry just the same, you could fry in a pan or do it in the oven if you kept turning, will be delicious.

mmm sounds nice, worth a try I think

Back