Any Veggies Out There?

krupskaya

Gold Member
Hi there, are you a veggie? I am, and so I'm following the green plan on SW. My leader said I could have two HEbs and one HEa, but when I looked in the book it said I could have one or two HEas. What do you do with your HEXs?

I find quorn is a godsend - and free too! Been hitting the fruit and mullers a bit hard tho. Today is the day of reckoning after my first week and we'll see what the scales say... Bricking it!

ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Oh thanks for that Alli - I'm just learning the ropes as it's my first week. The two others I joined with were doing EE and they got one each of HeA and HeB I think...

Hello, I haven't eaten meat in god... 16 years! But I do eat fish once a week! I'm taking the same plan as you, and got to confess I find that bit a bit confusing too. My C told me that the Healthy Extras are optional, I don't HAVE to have them, but they are there if I do want them. I tend to find that I'm alright with 1 or 2 HexB's and more often than not 1 HexA. I don't know though, quite new to this too. Will be following this thread to see what others think, thanks for asking the Q! :)

Lots of love from Caramelle X X X

Good luck with your weigh in today Zoe!
I am a veggie and love SW green days so much as they are pretty much what I used to eat before anyway, pasta, potatoes and rice. I always have 2 HEB's and 1 HEA (usually skimmed milk) and it depends on what I am having for my main meal whether I take the extra other HEA which is usually cheese for pasta, lasagne or on a jacket potato.
It doesn't seem to make any difference to my weight loss as I have lost a 1lb week since I started 8 weeks ago.

Healthy Extras are included in the plan to make sure you get essential elements into your diet. They are not optional (although of course no-one can force you to have them!)

Healthy Extra A choices are for calcium, and a certain amount of fat. They are really important. A lack of calcium now, and you will suffer for it in older age.

Healthy Extra B choices are for fibre. If you were getting loads of fibre in the rest of your diet you might not need them, but bread and cereals and crispbreads come into this category; also on the Green plan you can use the B choice for small amounts of fish, meat, seeds, etc. (see pages 29-31 of your book).

On Original (Red) and Green plans you are allowed 2 HEXB choices and 1 or 2 (up to you) HEXA choices.

On Extra Easy you are allowed only 1 HEXA and 1 HEXB.

You can have more if you count them as syns.

Back