any1 starting afresh in the new year?

I'm back! Had a (fairly planned) break for a month and am back on it today. Put on ten pounds, which I'm a bit disgusted by, but kind of expected it to be more and I know it will be quickly gone. Not long forward to hunger in next couple of days but am looking forward to feeling good physically again - I actually feel healthier on plan, not sure carbs suit me!

am currently planning to not weigh in for a fortnight, but sure I won't be able to stick that out!

good luck everyone and happy new year. Xxx

I'm in too... Well tomoro not today and for nearly the same reasons !! Good luck xxxxxxx

Found myself in the right headspace last Saturday, so already three days in - it helped to join the January challenge as a motivation to keep going after 'spoiling' myself for 12 weeks following major hip surgery in October!

I'm restarting tomorrow, but I know I am going to find it very difficult as I am feeling so bad about myself.
I came off S&S for a planned 'break' on 24th December. I have eaten lots over the past week, though no alcohol as I don't drink, and was expecting to have gained a lot. But I weighed myself this morning and found I have gained a massive TWO STONE!! How is that physically possible in the space of one week! Up until this week I had lost seven stone in total, and felt I was on track to reach target in another 3 months and so this feels like a huge setback. I am just hoping that I can have big losses over the first couple of weeks to kick start myself again and get back to where I was a week ago. Sorry for moaning but I'm feeling quite despondent, especially as I know I felt really proud of my loss and being able to stick 100% to the diet for so long, and now I only have myself to blame and have really let myself down :-(

I'm restarting tomorrow, but I know I am going to find it very difficult as I am feeling so bad about myself.
I came off S&S for a planned 'break' on 24th December. I have eaten lots over the past week, though no alcohol as I don't drink, and was expecting to have gained a lot. But I weighed myself this morning and found I have gained a massive TWO STONE!! How is that physically possible in the space of one week! Up until this week I had lost seven stone in total, and felt I was on track to reach target in another 3 months and so this feels like a huge setback. I am just hoping that I can have big losses over the first couple of weeks to kick start myself again and get back to where I was a week ago. Sorry for moaning but I'm feeling quite despondent, especially as I know I felt really proud of my loss and being able to stick 100% to the diet for so long, and now I only have myself to blame and have really let myself down :-(

I wouldn't imagine you have gained 2 stone-alot of it will probably be water weight, and as soon as you get back on plan it'll woosh away. Well done on your losses-it's awesome x

I'm starting again tomorrow. Lots of leftover naughty food that will have to be eaten or thrown away today! Feel really ready to start again tomorrow. Need to get this weight shifted, want to lose 4-5 stone depending on how much I weigh in the morning!!

Potter dont dwell on it hun it will come off just as fast as it went on , I know its horrible to see those numbers on the scales after you have worked so hard... the same kinda thing happened to me after my summer hols and I dropped 16lbs in 3 days as soon as I was back on plan...our bodys our pretty strange machines is all I can put it down too!
You havent undone all your hard work , its just a lil hic-cup
Jo x

im getting back to it, ordered more packs with voucher, theyre coming tomorrow and im starting on thursday when im back to work, got a plan, the OH is with me too finally!! (we've been together a year now, and both seem to have weight creep on)
gym session scheduled on thursday too! think ive put on 10lbs or so in December, eaten non stop!

My bf wants to try it too meow the only problem is tho he has sooo much energy as it is, dropping out food and just living off shakes would make him go crazy, bouncing off walls etc! Plus his bmi is healthy really although he has put on bout 1.5 stones since Last August xxxx

I'm re-starting tomorrow. Don't know what damage I've done over last month as not really been following diet since beginning of Dec and haven't weighed either. So weigh in tomorrow and will update my stats then. Signed up for January challenge with goal of losing 18lbs for the month; should be achievable as hoping for good loss the first week.

kerance- thats great for support though, maybe he could do a less extreme version? mine wont be all on shakes, hes gonna be my gym buddy and is general healthy eating no junk, snacks or meals out. he just wants a flat belly, mens aims are funny they dont obsess over being heavy like we do I dont think

232kat; January challenge is a sticky thread on the slim n save forum at the top of the threads above this one

Back