anybody out there....

kerrys86 said:
Just back from 8th WI i lost 1lb, and 1.5 inch off waist. My CDC is great she said.i can still go back.and weigh with her even though im not buying products which ia great. My next appt with her is 3rd sept to see how i go by myself for three /four weeks. She is so supportive!!
On plus side my 200cal lunch was amazeballs!! 135g baked beans, poached egg and one slice of brown bread!!?yum x

SW 13,10; W1-8lbs W2 -2lbs W3 -0lbs W4 -5lbs W5 -2lbs W6 +2lbs (holiday) W7 -1lbs

Well done chuck!!! How many is that in total x

Well done Kerry!! Keep it up...and keep in touch now that you're going it alone!

I had my 2nd weigh in on Sat & made it to 13 1/2lbs. O you think I could lose 12lbs in the next 3 weeks-have me in a new stone bracket before oing back to work?! Or am I being too ambitious?!

You could def do it delt!!! 17lbs lost in total!! X

SW 13,10; W1-8lbs W2 -2lbs W3 -0lbs W4 -5lbs W5 -2lbs W6 +2lbs (holiday) W7 -1lbs

Thanks for the encouragement!! I haven't done any exercise yet, but hope to start swimming tomorrow or weds. Is that you finished with CD? x

delta15 said:
Well done Kerry!! Keep it up...and keep in touch now that you're going it alone!

I had my 2nd weigh in on Sat & made it to 13 1/2lbs. O you think I could lose 12lbs in the next 3 weeks-have me in a new stone bracket before oing back to work?! Or am I being too ambitious?!

Def could do that matey!! Lots of water daily!! X

Im still follwing plan as in recipes and calorie counting but just no products x

You'll do great! I can't wait to get the last 12lbs off on this, then move on over to WW when I go back to work. Don't think I could stick this and deal with being back in work, watching and smelling everyone's lunch!! x

Hey delta, im doing good thanks you!? Havent done much exercise this week apart from zumba on tuesdY. Really want to but me and my OH car share so ita difficult to get out as he has the car in evenings. But really want to get out lol. What step are you on.now x

kerrys86 said:
Hey delta, im doing good thanks you!? Havent done much exercise this week apart from zumba on tuesdY. Really want to but me and my OH car share so ita difficult to get out as he has the car in evenings. But really want to get out lol. What step are you on.now x

Have you tried running??

I really want to get into running, but at the min im.not that.fit lol. I keep.saying this evening ill get out but never do lol. What about you

kerrys86 said:

Still doing SS+ but think I'll jump to step 3 this from Saturday, then have a few days break before starting WW. Have been so good all week but the scales haven't moved at all, and I have WI on Sat morning!! Glad things going well for you! I ordered the 30 day shred DVD, so will give it a go when it arrives! You could even just go walking in the bright evenings-we went out last night for a big walk & even though I was stiff after, it felt good!! x

Sounds like your doing great!
I love w w its so easy to do!!
I know i just need to be pushed out.the door lol then im fine its just the getting out lol x

I really want to get into running, but at the min im.not that.fit lol. I keep.saying this evening ill get out but never do lol. What about you

Running is really great and a great calorie burner. Have you tried the Couch To 5k programme. I started this a couple of years ago, when I was over 15stone and very unfit, basically doing no exercise. It's an 8 or 9 week course that gets you off the couch and running around 5k (obviously :p). You run 3 times a week, making sure to take a rest day in between. The first week you do a 5 minute warm up followed by a 60 second run, followed by a 90 second walk, then you alternate the 60s run and the 90s walk another 7 times, then end with a 5 minute cool down walk.

The first time I went out I only managed 4 of the 60s runs, and I looked like I was going to die! But 2 days later I went out again and I managed an extra 60s run, and the next time another. Think I ended up doing week 1 for 2 or 3 weeks but eventually I got there. Last year I ran 10k races, in fact I pretty much used to run 3 10k runs a week. Each time I burned 800-900 calories!!! Didn't put any weight on and I ate whatever I liked :D

Was training for a 1/2 marathon when I fell just before Christmas last year (it was a very, very icy day) and have been off with a bad injury all this year - moral of the story is don't run when it's icy :D

BUT I loved it - true, not at the beginning but eventually I really did. I would go out in any weather (hence the running on ice) and one of the reasons was because it kept my weight in gear.

I decided that I should lose weight whilst I'm not able to much exercise (I definitely couldn't run on SS alone) so that when I'm fit to go back, hopefully in the next few months, I'll be even fitter and healthier - and faster!

I've got an C25k (Couch to 5k) app on my phone that allows me to play my own music but fades in and out and tells you when to walk and when to run - it is brilliant.

JoolsG said:
Running is really great and a great calorie burner. Have you tried the Couch To 5k programme. I started this a couple of years ago, when I was over 15stone and very unfit, basically doing no exercise. It's an 8 or 9 week course that gets you off the couch and running around 5k (obviously :p). You run 3 times a week, making sure to take a rest day in between. The first week you do a 5 minute warm up followed by a 60 second run, followed by a 90 second walk, then you alternate the 60s run and the 90s walk another 7 times, then end with a 5 minute cool down walk.

The first time I went out I only managed 4 of the 60s runs, and I looked like I was going to die! But 2 days later I went out again and I managed an extra 60s run, and the next time another. Think I ended up doing week 1 for 2 or 3 weeks but eventually I got there. Last year I ran 10k races, in fact I pretty much used to run 3 10k runs a week. Each time I burned 800-900 calories!!! Didn't put any weight on and I ate whatever I liked :D

Was training for a 1/2 marathon when I fell just before Christmas last year (it was a very, very icy day) and have been off with a bad injury all this year - moral of the story is don't run when it's icy :D

BUT I loved it - true, not at the beginning but eventually I really did. I would go out in any weather (hence the running on ice) and one of the reasons was because it kept my weight in gear.

I decided that I should lose weight whilst I'm not able to much exercise (I definitely couldn't run on SS alone) so that when I'm fit to go back, hopefully in the next few months, I'll be even fitter and healthier - and faster!

I've got an C25k (Couch to 5k) app on my phone that allows me to play my own music but fades in and out and tells you when to walk and when to run - it is brilliant.

Might have to try that app myself!! Would love to be able to run!! :)

You did very well first week - well done. Hey..we are all vlcd'ers regardless off which one. All the same anyway, so you post where you want to, ok. I loved doing LL tbh. I still praise it but can't afford it now. One tip from me is - make sure you do RTM, to the letter! I cheated week 6 and that is when I fell off what had been a wagon full of success and glory previously. RTM is the key, abstinence is easy bit x

Who makes the app? There's lots of versions which would you suggest ?

I used the app by Felt Tip Inc called Couch to 5k but there is one called Ease into 5k by Bluefin Software LLC that is also ok.

Just downloaded couch to 5k may try tomorrow x

SW 13,10; W1-8lbs W2 -2lbs W3 -0lbs W4 -5lbs W5 -2lbs W6 +2lbs (holiday) W7 -1lbs W8 -1lbs

kerrys86 said:
Just downloaded couch to 5k may try tomorrow x

SW 13,10; W1-8lbs W2 -2lbs W3 -0lbs W4 -5lbs W5 -2lbs W6 +2lbs (holiday) W7 -1lbs W8 -1lbs

Go for it! Stick with it because it really does work :)

Back