Anybody's Christmas Challenge! Jump in, there's still time!!!

Hello all! :wavey: I am feeling more positive since my Slimpod arrived and I started listening every night. I have not been obsessing with food the past 2 days. My mum had to tell me to go and eat something for my tea yesterday evening and i joked its not often someone says that to me.:D

I am not following a plan but I think I am eating less. I've only had 1,649 cals today so far according to MFP.

Hi - hope you don't mind me crashing your thread - I'm a newbie! What is Slimpod? I've never heard of it? Plus - how do you find the xenical - did you get it from the doctors? I want to lose a stone by xmas so I'd better get organised!

Hi - hope you don't mind me crashing your thread - I'm a newbie! What is Slimpod? I've never heard of it? Plus - how do you find the xenical - did you get it from the doctors? I want to lose a stone by xmas so I'd better get organised!

Hi Bella, I have been struggling big time so haven't been back.:eek: A slim pod is a cd with a 10 minute recording spoken by the man who founded them, Trevor Silvester. repeated listening is supposed to retune your mind into feeling happier and getting weight off. I am not using it to its full potential so im not having as good a result as I could be.

Yes Xenical can be gotten on a script if you've a bmi over 30 or 28 with comorbidities (diabetes, high BP). side effects put a lot of people off.

I am having 3 Exante shakes and chicken, bacon and veg for dinner today. I WILL get a flippin stone off by Xmas!:D

Well I am pretty sure I have scuppered my chances of losing a stone for Christmas put 6lbs back on - oooooooops!

D x x x

Well I am pretty sure I have scuppered my chances of losing a stone for Christmas put 6lbs back on - oooooooops!D x x x

Nevermind, Dolly. We can do it girl! There's just under 6 weeks and we could get at least half a stone off by then.

I am gonna check in here every day, I am absolutely determined to do this.:grouphugg:

Day 2 Bring it on!

Well it's day 2 and I have been to Asda to pick up a portion of steak to have for my meal later with some veg. My belly is rumbling but I am gonna get another glass of water and be grand.:clap:

Right 'fess up: I forgot to bring my steak to Mum's yesterday so ended up eating carbs with them.:eek: So it's done, I have moved on and I am ready for another day so BRING IT ON! :banana dancer:

Just had a thai chicken soup and water. day 4-5 is pretty dicey for me and usually ends in failure. need to go out and get some more veg, bit cold for salad leaves.

I'm after posting the following On my Gold Members Diary and wanted to share here too:
Today is day 4 and am in the danger zone now for the next 48 hours or so but I woke up this morning with a nice peaceful, contented feeling which was nice. :bliss:

It was also nice waking up feeling lighter and not weighed down by food. my BG is starting to stabilize too already.:)

I have woken up early the past few days which is also fantastic. So far I have had mushroom soup for breakfast and now eating a chocolate orange bar. I haven't been very good at drinking water since I started and I know I need to address this.

So am feeling very positive right now, I am going to succeed because I want and deserve this.:D

I am looking forward to my dinner as I am quite hungry. There's a chicken roasting in the oven as I type. :eat:
Listening to slimpod again so it all helps!

Oh wow my dinner was great! my friend called and I made her chips to go with her chicken. need some water now. will have another exante soup before i go to bed.

ETA: I am gonna get weighed up at the docs on monday and compare it to my last recorded weigh in about 6 weeks ago and I will gage from there.

Last edited:
Well, it's now day 5, yipee! I am still on the alert and really must put more effort into drinking more water, shame on me lol.

I'm in my parents' house today again for most of the day and probably won't be back til quite late. There's a cooked chicken (yeah MORE chicken lol) and there's bound to be a bag of green veg in freezer.:D

Hi, just came across your thread and wanted to wish you all the best for your Christmas Challenge, and hope you don't mind me gatecrashing ;) I'd love to lose a stone before Christmas too. Lost 4lbs this week, now if only I could do that every week!... :D

Hi, just came across your thread and wanted to wish you all the best for your Christmas Challenge, and hope you don't mind me gatecrashing ;) I'd love to lose a stone before Christmas too. Lost 4lbs this week, now if only I could do that every week!... :D

Thanks zanny! Jump in, the more the merrier. Well done on 4lbs off. :clap:

What do I like about my current eating plan?

• It is very simple, I know what I can and cannot eat
  • I am not obsessing about food
  • I am not craving sugar:eek:
I am starting to believe in myself
I am actually enjoying my walks

Erm, seem to have lost a couple bulletin points there but no matter lol. It also really helps my Dad hasn't loads of crisps and choccie lying around, thank goodness. I am also back listening to slimpod again which i think helps.

Day 7

Wow day 7!:eek: I have had a few sneaky peeks at the scales and am really pleased with what I see, just wish I had weighed in last Mon to get an accurate gage of how much I have got off this week. D'oh!:rolleyes: ah who cares as long as it's coming off, right?

I got my brother to read the scale yesterday morning as I kept bending to look down and the needle wouldn't stay put but my lips are sealed until tomorrow morning!;)

I am going to think about switching to LC meals but I may as well use up my Exante shakes as I have about 30 or so left.

Oh I can't keep it to myself anymore: the scales read 18st 13lbs! :bliss: I haven't been under 19st for about five years.:D Last WI at docs about 3 months ago I was 19st 11 I dunno how many lbs off this first week but I am SO pleased, it's all been worth it!

Back