Anyone doing or done DIET CHEF?

Gosh, what a HUGE forum!

I've been on the dietchef forum for the last few weeks but there's not much activity there!

I'm in my 6th week of diet chef. I lost 12.5lbs in 4 weeks - I didn't get weighed last week but will face the music on Wednesday, having fallen off the wagon a few days of the 12 since my last weigh in :copon:

I started off with a 2 week dietchef pack but have since been sourcing the food from supermarkets, the 'lookwhatwefound' site, 'avidlite' for a bit of variety and the natural balance website for the Nak'd bars - which I really like.

As a lot of you have said, for me it seems to be all about portion control. I don't have a 'full' button I'm afraid.

I enjoy what I'm having and am pleased to report that the days I was 'naughty' I ended up feeling quite ill. So much so that I've been more than happy to climb back on the wagon and can only cross my fingers that I haven't done too much damage!

We're going away this weekend to friends in Cornwall so that'll be a challenge too - but hey ho ......

Good Luck to all you dietcheffers anyway!!

Jan x

Hello Jan - glad you like the site :)

And hello to everyone else :D Woohoo, didn't know there was a separate Diet Chef forum - fantastic - thanks Irene and Minimins.

I'm more of a lurker but shall definitely put more effort in as I need to keep on the wagon as I have a lot to lose. I keep falling off and banging my backside though :(

Caroline

Hello, good luck with the diet. Im going to do a bit of mental visualization in the morning, just for literally 2mins, but when i wake up i will think about why im doing this. What i will get from it and try to set myself up mentally for the day.
Im going to tell myself that tomorrow is not going to be any easier than today, so if not now, when?

Hello Jan - glad you like the site :)

And hello to everyone else :D Woohoo, didn't know there was a separate Diet Chef forum - fantastic - thanks Irene and Minimins.

I'm more of a lurker but shall definitely put more effort in as I need to keep on the wagon as I have a lot to lose. I keep falling off and banging my backside though :(

Caroline

That's a great idea Strider. Think I may do something similar and dig out the Paul McKenna :)

We have a similar amount to lose I think - I may have a few pounds more. But I shall focus on a pound at a time.

Actually i have that as well and its what gave me the idea, i think a weekly listen to that and then a bit of focussing each morning to set you up for the day can work wonders.

Im a guy but even for me i have a look at clothes id like to fit into, when im on the net ill have a browse around mens clothes and so on and look at places i want to take my gf and so on that im not really confident enough to go to right now.

That's a great idea Strider. Think I may do something similar and dig out the Paul McKenna :)

We have a similar amount to lose I think - I may have a few pounds more. But I shall focus on a pound at a time.

Haha ! Bad me, thought you were a lady - well men don't diet do they!

I will so kick myself for stereotypical and false thinking :)

Hi yall,
I started this sthread about 8 months ago , when I first spotted diet chef whilst mooching about looking for 'the answer', you know what I mean. I hadnt checked on it for a while, as it kinda bombed originally, I guess not many minis had done the diet then.
Its really interesting to find that it seems to have picked up and that there is a diet chef forum now , I didnt know there was , I couldnt find one in the past. But really glad Ive found others who are doing it, it helps to see what other miniminers experience with the diet are, keep the thread going girls.
Well I finally got round to ordering a hamper, they have a deal on at the moment you get 5 weeks for the price of 4 and now allow you to pick and choose, so really looking forward to it arriving today or tommorow.
Interesting what Irene said about it being available in supermarkets, I think thats a positive really , no excuses about running out of it or waiting for a delivery, seems good to me. I wonder is it cheaper to buy at the supermarket though?
Mind you the whole point for me is the convenience, if I never had to set foot in the supermarket again , I would be happy, especially when dieting, tis just too tempting particularly leading up to Christmas.
I will keep you posted about how I get on and thanks to everyone who has chipped in.
Love HCW

Hey,
I am also thinking about starting diet chef, but is 1200 calaries enough?! I though women needed 2000 a day?! x x x

My understanding is that 2000 is needed to maintain body weight (for ladies). If you want to lose weight you have to take in less than you need .....:sigh: .... Depending on how much you have to lose 1200 is a reasonable amount of cals. You might lose on 1500 if you've got quite a bit to lose and I don't think it's considered healthy to go below 1000 - but I think 1200 is okay ..... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong folks!

Jan x

PS. Sainsbury's now have a larger variety of the meals (Chilli only £1.49 @ mo.) and also have to Nak'd bars in 5 bar packs (cocoa or berry) for £2.69

Thanks Jan,
How are you finding the diet chef ? I am going to start in January. Just worried about being hungry, as I am on my feet all day at work running about!!!

Jess x

Hi Jess,

I found it great when I was sticking to it properly. I lost 8lbs the first week and 2 - 2.5 each week for several weeks after that but at the moment I've got caught up in all the christmas stuff, been away to friends',not been well - all the kinds of things put on this earth purely to sabotage our dieting efforts! :cry:But - having said that - I lost a pound last week which I can only put down to the fact I was TRYING to do dietchef although I didn't manage to stick strictly to it. I'm looking forward to getting stuck back in properly in January.

As for being hungry ... you sound very energetic so you may feel it a bit, but, by the same token, as you're energetic you may be able to eat a bit more and still lose. You can add 2 pieces of fruit and some veg to your daily intake anyway. I'd allow myself a bit more fruit than that if I were you, if I found myself hungry.
See how it goes.

I soon got used to the smaller portions but I must say sometimes I really feel like something a bit more substantial than a bowl of soup at lunchtime. I've started getting different ones with a bit more to them whilst still looking at the calories and quality of ingredients. The Green Giant vegetable soup in the pouch is lovely and chunky and you feel as though you've had a meal. I also love the Lloyd Grossman Carrot & Coriander but I don't have it very often as it's a larger portion and therefore a bit higher in calories etc. I've had a Baxters healthy option Lentil & vegetable which is very nice too.

Let's know how you get on - have a great Christmas.

Jan x

Thanks for the advice Jan! I am having a hard time this Christmas, so far I have had my boyfriends Mum tell me I have a really pretty face!! And my Gran tell me that I got FAT! And my skinny sister telling me its the diet coke and not the rubbish I currently eat! Grrrr!!

I am wanting to order the 28 day pack, do you think they'll give a new years discount or should I just go for it?!

Thanks

Jess x x x

PS Hope you have had a lovely Christmas!

I have just order the 28 day hamper! Want to start either 1st or 5th of Jan!! Excited! My boyfriend is going to help me doing a video diary! Good but wish his camera wasn't HD!! :()

xxx

Hi Jess!

Make sure you are going to get the 5 weeks for the price of 4!! I think it's a more or less permanent offer from what people have said - I KNOW it was on just before Christmas but you may not get it if you don't ask for it!!

If you want to buddy up I'd be happy to - I'd rather do it by private email if that's okay with you or maybe even text and if you don't want a buddy that's okay too!

I haven't decided when I'm going to get back on it in earnest - probably 5th - or maybe 7th. That may sound strange but I like to have only one weight check a week or I get confused and as I am the weigh lady for my local Slimming World class I do it there on a Wednesday - Yes I think 7th it is ......

All the best for the new year....... and I'm sure you HAVE got a lovely face ...... :character00238:

Jan xx

I read about you looking for someone who was doing Diet Chef. I am doing Weight to Go which sounds similar, except I get shakes as well as the meals. I really like to combination, and everything is delivered to my home. Anyone else on Weight to Go???

Hiya Ingrey :)

I plan to do a mix of Diet Chef, Go Lower and Weight to Go so I don't get bored. Never tried Weight to Go as yet, but hoping to in a couple of months. How are you finding it? I did comtemplate doing the clinical programme but was so pricy. Great the food is now available online :)

Hi I joined dietchef 4 weeks ago and absolutely love it. I have loosed 15lbs by eating more than I have in years and eating the sort of food i used to cook for myself before I became unable to do so. The range of foods is varied and being able to produce a really filling and tasty meal in a short time is great. I would really recommend it. I am hoping to loose another 12lbs next month too. I am not finding it expensive for the quality of food provided. Cheers Lorraine

Well done Lorraine .... it's great isn't it?? I'm struggling a wee bit this week for personal reasons but I don't think you can beat this for a diet plan ...... keep up the good work! xx

Back