Anyone doing or done DIET CHEF?

I lost abt 3 or 4 pounds a week by doing diet chef, the food is good quality and it helped re-educate me about portion control.

good luck!

Well done Lorraine - that's a great loss.

Wow Tumnus, wow! Are you re-starting the diet after a break? How long were you on Diet Chef?

Thanks for all your support. I'm celebrating my loss of inches too.
6.75" off my waist and 3.25 off my hips in 5 weeks.
Can't get to see the nurse for a weigh in this week as I am babysitting some puppies - great excuse eh?
So a week tomorrow is my weigh in.
travelled to the local Booth's today (42 mile round trip) and bought the beef in thyme gravy - absolutely yum - and the crab and asparagus soup to supplement the diet as I do miss my fish.
I have found a lovely recipe for white fish baked with carrots, celery and spring onion and topped with lemon slices. This sounds great and will fulfill my need for fish.
Credenhill I am 5ft 3 and my goal is 10 stone. So I have 77lbs to go.
My GP's surgery are delighted with the loss of weight from my waist as they say this will improve my blood chemistry a lot!
keep on trucking........ There is a good support group on the Diet Chef fora at the moment and there are some very helpful and wise people there too.

I love Booths - bit pricy but they stock foods you can't get anywhere else.

Not been on the Diet Chef forum for ages and have lost the link - has anyone got it handy please and can PM or email it to me?

Hi. I've been doing Diet Chef for 3 weeks and have lost 10lbs. Here are my views of it up to now:
-It's really easy as I don't have to think about food much at all. I found with things like SW and WW that the more I had to think about what I could eat in a day, the more likely I was to give up. With this diet, I've found that if I allow myself one "bad" meal a week, that keeps me on track.
- The food, on the whole, is lovely. A couple of things are a bit dodgy - I'm not particularly keen on the haddock or venison sausages. Meatballs, chilli and the soups are wonderful. I'd advise that you order one week at first to find out what you like - I ordered 4 weeks and am left with lots of venison sausages I won't eat.
- I was hungry for the first couple of days, but that soon passed.
- The diet seems to be a bit "thrown together" - some of the advice isn't well thought out and some is a bit conflicting - eg on one sheet that came with the diet it told me to eat bananas, apples and oranges, but another said to avoid them - simple things I would expect a diet organisation to get right. I'm also not convinced that the stories on the website are genuine, as it strikes me as a very new diet. (I may be wrong, but that's my impression). The food isn't specifically "diet" food - it is more sort of gourmet ready-meals. I think they must have seen that they are relatively low-calorie and got the idea of using them in a diet. That's not a problem in itself, but the website does lead you to believe it's a specifically-designed diet. The only evidence I can see of low GI, (as they claim to have based the diet on), is the granola and possibly the snack bars.
- You are allowed 1200 calories a day, and the food provided has much fewer, so you have some leeway. I tend to have some Smash (100 cals a portion) with dinner to fill it out, plus plenty of fruit - I do eat bananas etc!
- It has shown me what a normal portion is, and maybe eventually I will be able to start thinking for myself again about food without getting wound up about it.

Having said all this, the diet is working well for me at the moment. I'm going to have a couple of weeks' break from it and then order another 4 weeks. I am mostly enjoying it, so whilst it is working and until I get fed up of eating the same things all the time, I'll go for it.

I'd recommend it if you would like to minimise thinking about food, have access to a microwave at lunch and dinner and aren't a vegetarian (only one veg choice for dinner). Sorry I've gone on a bit - but I know there are very few opinions to find on this diet, so I hope it helps.

Hi just a quick one if you get in touch with Diet chef they will take the packs that you don't like and exchange them I did it for 13 pack of mushroom things, they sent out replacements and i just sent back the ones I didn't like no fuss and no bother, Try it.

Hi, I started diet chef on Tuesday and so far have lost 8lbs!!! My starting weight was 22st5 so I thought going for the ready made meals to teach me portion size would be fab. The only problem I have experienced so far is on Friday I felt a bit weak, sugar levels dropped I think but I had some fruit and I was fine. I found that if I plan the times of my food it works for me.
About 18 months ago I did the Cambridge diet but found that really hard, I lost 2st but put it back on when I came off it.
Would really recommend diet chef as the food is ok, oh and if you are out at lunch time the milkshakes are really nice as they come in cartons and are big (not tiny things like CD or powdery) so go for it x

Hiya - Have been reading thru everything - have known about the Diet Chef for a while now but am to lazy to do anything about it!

I am currently 16st (weight on wii fit board!) I have tried ... Weight watchers, Slimming world and... Cambridge... WW/SW - to much choice.. so goes T!TS up! Cambridge done 3times now.. each time only lasting a week! 1st time lost 7lb... then put on about 10lb! amazingly when i tried it and told my mum about it she said i was crazy... she is now a counsellor! (keeps trying to get me to do it but the stuff makes me gag!).... So...

Weight is now getting me down big time! partner is also roughly the same weight... was looking at the DC website yesterday and thought about giving it ago, only problem is money is SUPER tight at the mo, have said to the OH that if we save enough for 1weeks supply each then the following weeks wont be so hard as we wont be spending horendous amounts of money on takeaways.

So i am throwing away all the menus 2day (he doesnt know yet!) once we have the £100 needed i will be placing my order... so my 1st goal is to save that £100...

How is everyone getting on?....

Hiya - Have been reading thru everything - have known about the Diet Chef for a while now but am to lazy to do anything about it!

I am currently 16st (weight on wii fit board!) I have tried ... Weight watchers, Slimming world and... Cambridge... WW/SW - to much choice.. so goes T!TS up! Cambridge done 3times now.. each time only lasting a week! 1st time lost 7lb... then put on about 10lb! amazingly when i tried it and told my mum about it she said i was crazy... she is now a counsellor! (keeps trying to get me to do it but the stuff makes me gag!).... So...

Weight is now getting me down big time! partner is also roughly the same weight... was looking at the DC website yesterday and thought about giving it ago, only problem is money is SUPER tight at the mo, have said to the OH that if we save enough for 1weeks supply each then the following weeks wont be so hard as we wont be spending horendous amounts of money on takeaways.

So i am throwing away all the menus 2day (he doesnt know yet!) once we have the £100 needed i will be placing my order... so my 1st goal is to save that £100...

How is everyone getting on?....

It does seem a lot of money but it is soooo worth it, the food is fab and so delicious and you will be full all the time.

It is a good choice as it shows you portion sizes as well. Good luck on your saving.
:D

I lost a stone on cambridge but got really bored with it. I have recieved my first dietchef today which I am starting tomorrow, but I'm a little disappointed as there is no information in the box as to how much extra fruit and veg you can eat. I thought there would have been a booklet of some kind :confused: It's the vegetarian pack and the meals look really nice.

Hello :D Great to see you :D Does the vegetarian pack have a good choice?

Ooh how strange they haven't included a leaflet - it's usually a small booklet - rather tiny actually.

It's two fruit a day (you can have a small banana if you fancy a more sugary fruit).

A portion of veg with your main meal - a portion is a third of an average dinner plate. You have to weigh out potatoes, sweetcorn, baked beans and such like.

Basically, just try to keep around/below the 1,200 - some of us like to keep a brief tab on cals just to make sure we don't go OTT.

Good luck :D The food is real nice.

Thanks Caroline, yes the veggie pack has good choices, but why do the dinners look like the lunches? Are they all soups and you just add veg to the dinners?

:rolleyes: I actually found the booklet amongst everything, it is tiny is'nt it?

I don't know about the veggie pack but the other one has soups and then meals - stewie/casserolie type meals but definitely meals not soups. xx

Great thanks! the meals are really lovely and tasty, and yes the dinner pack is a casserole. It's much easier and more filling than cambridge sole. Do you reorder just before you run out or do they contact you?

Glad you are loving the food :D

If you are on the monthly payment scheme, then you should have a login and all the details are there. You can alter your order if you decide you don't like something or love something else. You can also delay your order.

Otherwise, they will ship it automatically on the due date.

If you are not on the scheme, then you will have to reorder.

I wanted to get a months supply cos you get a free week, is that right? but the girl recommended I try it first

Yep, it's 5 weeks for the price of 4. If you haven't signed up already then you will have to reorder yourself when you need another pack. Once you've set up the monthly arrangement, it just gets sent out :)

Loving the kitty angel hehe

Not shifting!

Hi everybody!

I saw this thread in particular and it made me sign up to Minimins.

I am having a problem with this diet - I am not losing any weight! The food is great and it fills me up lovely. But my weight is not changing. It's been 2 1/2 weeks now.

I am very small and only want to lose a stone. Do you think because I am little I should cut the calories a bit more?

Hello Scarletta :)

You may have to cut the calories more. What are you eating at the mo along side the Diet Chef food. To be honest, I think the diet is aimed at people who are outside of the normal BMI which is perhaps why you haven't lost.

Back