Anyone doing or done DIET CHEF?

Heaven can wait

Silver Member
Hi
I have been searching the web for an answer to my inability to get back onto Cambridge, and came across this diet called Diet Chef . They provide all your meals which are delivered, its real food breakfast lunch dinner and a snack bar, but it only comes to 1200 cals.
I love not having to weigh and measure on cambridge , but hate the monotony of it day in day out and thought this might be an answer as you only eat what they send , and there is plenty choice. Financially it works out about the same as cambridge, but they recomend adding vegatables and fruit to it, so probally work out a bit more expensive.
I just wondered if anyone has done it and what they think about it.

Hey,

I haven't done the chef, but did do a week on go-lower (very similar). All prepackaged food, delivered to your door, around 1200 cals and low carb.

I lost 6 lbs during the week that i did it, but found it very expensive and a bit boring. Same breakfast, choice of 2 lunches and the evning meals were all a bit samey.

It was OK, and I did lose, but it was boring.

Why not try something like SW - no weighing/masuring (except healthy extras & syns) the rest is all free food for you to eat as you please!

Good luck whatever you decide.

x

Thanks Dobbie,
SW sounds good, but for me , unlimted anything would not be good as I honestly dont think I have a stop button, I would just overeat, I need some limits and boundaries otherwise its binge city.
I think I might give Deit Chef a weeks trial as its the same price as week on Cambridge sole source for me as I have 4 packs, so worth a try at least.
XX C

Hi

As an ex LL, I was looking for something similiar - been on Diet Chef for just over a week. I do look forward the choice for lunch and dinner, tastes so nice compared to the diet shakes, Really bad headache on day two from the morning I woke to going to bed but otherwise no other problems. I don't feel hungry during the day or feel the need to cheat at the moment. Too early to let you know who much weight that I have lost as I am not really counting every pound, but rather go by dress size.

THinking of starting diet chef? How have you guys on it been getting on?

Taz x

Hi. I've been doing Diet Chef for 3 weeks and have lost 10lbs. Here are my views of it up to now:
-It's really easy as I don't have to think about food much at all. I found with things like SW and WW that the more I had to think about what I could eat in a day, the more likely I was to give up. With this diet, I've found that if I allow myself one "bad" meal a week, that keeps me on track.
- The food, on the whole, is lovely. A couple of things are a bit dodgy - I'm not particularly keen on the haddock or venison sausages. Meatballs, chilli and the soups are wonderful. I'd advise that you order one week at first to find out what you like - I ordered 4 weeks and am left with lots of venison sausages I won't eat.
- I was hungry for the first couple of days, but that soon passed.
- The diet seems to be a bit "thrown together" - some of the advice isn't well thought out and some is a bit conflicting - eg on one sheet that came with the diet it told me to eat bananas, apples and oranges, but another said to avoid them - simple things I would expect a diet organisation to get right. I'm also not convinced that the stories on the website are genuine, as it strikes me as a very new diet. (I may be wrong, but that's my impression). The food isn't specifically "diet" food - it is more sort of gourmet ready-meals. I think they must have seen that they are relatively low-calorie and got the idea of using them in a diet. That's not a problem in itself, but the website does lead you to believe it's a specifically-designed diet. The only evidence I can see of low GI, (as they claim to have based the diet on), is the granola and possibly the snack bars.
- You are allowed 1200 calories a day, and the food provided has much fewer, so you have some leeway. I tend to have some Smash (100 cals a portion) with dinner to fill it out, plus plenty of fruit - I do eat bananas etc!
- It has shown me what a normal portion is, and maybe eventually I will be able to start thinking for myself again about food without getting wound up about it.

Having said all this, the diet is working well for me at the moment. I'm going to have a couple of weeks' break from it and then order another 4 weeks. I am mostly enjoying it, so whilst it is working and until I get fed up of eating the same things all the time, I'll go for it.

I'd recommend it if you would like to minimise thinking about food, have access to a microwave at lunch and dinner and aren't a vegetarian (only one veg choice for dinner). Sorry I've gone on a bit - but I know there are very few opinions to find on this diet, so I hope it helps.

Thanks Binky, congrats on the weight loss and taking the plunge with something so new, its was great to see your thoughts on it.

I have been procrastinatling about giving this diet a go as I keep telling myself that Cambridge if I could stick to it for just a month would shift a lot of weight and I am cursed as all VLCD ers are with wanting that quick fix.
Having said that I dont necessarily think that attitude is a particularly healthy one, as it encourages me to think its Ok to mess around becuase I can 'fix it'. What I really want is to learn to eat less and feel satisfied for the rest of my life not having to go up and down in weight, and I think this kind of diet is better at re-educating you around food long term, than the no food approach, after all we all have to start eating again eventually and an awful lot of vlcd'ers do struggle with weight gain when they go back to food.
I think its the no brainer aspect of diet chef that appeals to me as thats why cambridge and Lighter life work welll too, you just cant go wrong if you stick to the rules , as for me too much choice is my downfall. So glad it seems to have worked for you, well done, please keep us informed how it goes.
Carole

Thanks Binky for the advice on Diet Chef - I came across it on the Internet, wondered whether it was likely to be any good and doing so has led me to registering on this site. The site seems a bit bogglingly big and I'm trying to find my way around it so thought I would start here! I've only been on the Cabbage Soup diet forum before, which is much smaller. I've been trying to gear up to doing CS again, but I'm completely failing to 'get into the zone' - for any diet really, so wondered if registering on this forum would help. I'm hesitating to go on CS again because it is just so low-calorie. 10lb on Diet Chef sounds very good going - perhaps being told absolutely what to eat each day would be the way to go! Good tip about choosing what goes in the hamper. Hope the size of the font posts smaller than shown here!

Hi
I have been searching the web for an answer to my inability to get back onto Cambridge, and came across this diet called Diet Chef . They provide all your meals which are delivered, its real food breakfast lunch dinner and a snack bar, but it only comes to 1200 cals.
I love not having to weigh and measure on cambridge , but hate the monotony of it day in day out and thought this might be an answer as you only eat what they send , and there is plenty choice. Financially it works out about the same as cambridge, but they recomend adding vegatables and fruit to it, so probally work out a bit more expensive.
I just wondered if anyone has done it and what they think about it.

Hi

I have been on diet chef now for three days...The food is fantastic so far..
I paid £190 for a month's worth of food which was cheaper than w8 or lighter life and you get to eat actual FOOD..

I feel more energised and have lost 2lbs already in three days...
For veg I get those asda steamed veggie packs and pop one into the microwave for 4 minutes and add it to my night meal..
The fruit portions will be say an apple=1,kiwi=1..so if you buy a bag of apples and say persimmons that would sort you out for the week..its convenient for me as I live far away from where I work so get home 7:40-20:00 at night...I won't cook as I just want to eat and then watch TV for the rest of the night..

The food smells and tastes great(I haven't had everything but the 5 meals I have had blew me away)

First time on Diet chef-this must work

Hello all :eek:

This is a first Time on the Diet chef, got my week pack on Tuesday and began on Wednesday. I must say am surprised on how good the food taste. So aim being positive and seeing how its goes.

I am currently 16.2lb. :confused:
in 2003 my Initially 18 stone weight started lighter light from lo st weight drastically weight in the13 stone which must had kick started my fertility got pregnant rose back up 19and half stone:eek: really was eating for two !gave birth to my son Dec 2004,. and now trying to get the weight off, which as provem difficult since having my son because my stomach capacity increase due to the high levels of food I was eating. So since then I have failed on Cambridge, lighter life, weightwatcher and swimingworld

but I figured out that was not what I eat its the amount of food I eat which is the problem . Diet chef has taken that responsibility away from me, so I am hoping this will work. my husband just says " here we go again, just stop eating, its simple" :mad:. His only mad because I am now refusing to cook because I have my packs! :D

Hi all, I have been on diet chef for almsost 3 weeks, and it's going great! The food is lovely, and it's so easy! You can find the food separately if you google 'Look What I Found' and buy it direct, but actually, it's good having it all bundled up and delivered to your door as a 'diet package'.
8lbs down so far, so good luck everyone!!

I was 15s 12lb :eek:, now 15s 4lb, need to get down to about 13 to be happy I guess, less to be healthy too! :rolleyes: So a long way to go yet!

Oooh, I've seen the 'Look What I Found' foods in Tesco. Didn't realise they were the same thing.

Does sound a great idea and certainly a 'sound' way to lose the weight.

Well done on the losses so far, and hope it continues to work well for you :)

Hiya

It's "look what we found"

xx

Oh, I got it "Look What We Found" i see what Diet Chef have done. Found some good quality low calorie ready meals, put them together in a 'hamper' and sold it as a 'new product'. Thats probably why the gumph on their website about it being low GI doesn't make much sense... cos its not really! Hehe! If it works though I suppose paying for one hamper rather than buying all the stuff individually is a good idea. Clever diet chef ppl! xx

I agree - if I didn't live out of a suitcase it's not how I'd diet, but I do, and it's very convenient just cos none of it needs to be kept in a fridge.

It does taste fab though. I may keep ordering it just for travelling after I'm finished dieting, and have normal food at weekends. In fact off for veggie pasta in a mo, yum.

I started this diet last night. As you can see by my name, i only have a little to lose. I am 10 st and 163cm tall. Since i was 18 (I am now 20) i have gained about 20lbs and although i know i am not very overweight i mainly want to stop this weight gain dead in its tracks to prevent any further gain and hopefully lose at least 10lbs in the process. I love it because i dont have to figure out how much to eat. I am a major offender of what i commonly hear referred to as "portion distortion". I eat fairly healthy, but just put way too much on my plate!

I will obviously not have such drastic results in the first week because of my orginal size but i really hope this diet more than anything makes me HEALTHIER and i already feel it will. So far i have had a dinner last night, breakfast and i am having lunch now, i have not felt hungry at all. not even for ice cream after dinner which is a big weakness of mine!

Hiya :)
I am totally the same re portion control!
Have switched from CD to this because of health issues. I am going to the gym every day and eating 50g granola with 125ml skimmed milk for breakfast. Banana mid morning, Soup for lunch, Apple mid afternoon, food pack for dinner. I dont eat the bars because I prefer the fruit and I dont drink anything other than water. So far so good, thought that I would gain after switching from CD but am continuing to lose 1lb a day at present. :D
Forgot to add that I also have a tablespoon of broccoli/leek/peas/carrot..with dinner..not all just which ever I fancy :D

Last edited:
I drink about 3 cups of tea and one cup of coffee a day (no sugar but some fat free milk) plus loads of water. Should i get rid of the tea and coffee...?

Back