Anyone else do nightshift?

What do you suggest for snacking on during the night, as I won't be sleeping during the day (I go from day shift, then have 2 hours sleep then to nightshift, then 2 hours sleep then to dayshift). I would usually snack on jellys or anything that doesnt have much fat but has loads of sugar, but now I'm on SW I'm struggling to find an alternative.

I know I can snack on fruit and veg, but I can't really use any syns because its the middle of the night so which day would I use it for !

If you kind of get me.. haha... Help !

I have premade curry and bolognaise etc from the recipe book but I never fancy eating such big meals at 4am...

i do permanent nights and i have tried to sort my days by when i finish my shift but found counting syns and HEXs better if i just go midnight to midnight.
mostly i snack on fruit or home made hummus (on a green day) and ham sandwich (ryvita for bread, laughing cow e/l for spread).
if your getting so little rest between shifts make sure you have both you HEXs and you syn allowance you will need it !
xxx

OMG whats your job lol! I do 3 nights every 2 wks. First day is the hardest as i start the day from when i get up until i get up the next day(if that makes sense). Will have my breakfast and tea at home and take what i would normally have for dinners as well as picky things such as veg n dips, fruit, yogurts and a hot choc for that chocy fix.....it keeps me away from the tasty treat machine upstairs!As long as you count your sins and have no more than the 105 per week then have some in the middle of the night they are there to be enjoyed whatever time lol Good luck x

I'm a drugs worker during the day and work at a homelessness hostel for young people on a nighttime.. nightmare but trying to save for xmas !!

Thanks for your advice :)

I've brought some carrot sticks, homous, sugarfree redbull and an alpen light in - got some sports mixture in the car though waiting for that early morning treat :p only 0.5 syns per one.... cheeky !! Will probably have breakfast when I get home and then just start the day as normal...... yawwwwn.....

xxx

:superwoman::superwoman:
I'm a drugs worker during the day and work at a homelessness hostel for young people on a nighttime.. nightmare but trying to save for xmas !!

Thanks for your advice :)

I've brought some carrot sticks, homous, sugarfree redbull and an alpen light in - got some sports mixture in the car though waiting for that early morning treat :p only 0.5 syns per one.... cheeky !! Will probably have breakfast when I get home and then just start the day as normal...... yawwwwn.....

xxx

Sounds like hard work but rewarding.:superwoman:

Thanks :) Very true !! Just saw ur signature ur over the 3.5st barrier thats AMAZING... xx

Aww thanks, been doing this for nearly 2.5 yrs, actually got to that a yr ago then have seen the same 1/2 stoned come on and off too many times!!! Thank god for this site, its keeping me on the straight and narrow!

Back