anyone else got a rubbish/indifferent consultant?

Id weighed in the week before and lost 6lbs. This week I lost 2 and slimmer of the week lost 1.5. I'm quite upset about it. I know it probably sounds stupid but it's quite hard when someone gets given something you deserve. I really struggled last week and need a good boost, which I got with my weight loss but feel like that boost was lessened a lot by someone else getting slimmer of the week. I didn't talk to her about it because I had to rush off at the end of class (it finished 40 minutes later than it should have done) and it's got me in a little bit of a funk to be honest.

gleessa said:
Id weighed in the week before and lost 6lbs. This week I lost 2 and slimmer of the week lost 1.5. I'm quite upset about it. I know it probably sounds stupid but it's quite hard when someone gets given something you deserve. I really struggled last week and need a good boost, which I got with my weight loss but feel like that boost was lessened a lot by someone else getting slimmer of the week. I didn't talk to her about it because I had to rush off at the end of class (it finished 40 minutes later than it should have done) and it's got me in a little bit of a funk to be honest.

It the PDA machine that she uses that tells her who's won sotw

Message her about it if you're that upset. Its the PDA machine that tells the SOTW, there must be some logic as to why you didn't win.

Did you stay to IT the week before?
Sx

Yeah I always stay. I'm just going to try and forget about it. It's just another thing that upsets me about that group. I'm going to have another look for a different group to go to I think. (Not because of the SOTW thing, just because I don't like the class in general).

I started going to a class in last summer but only went for a few weeks due to other commitments, however the consultant definitely didnt make me want to go back. She was very uninspiring and quite intimidating, even just filling in the forms and stuff to begin and my first weigh in. the class was small but I found myself asking others there for help rather than her.

I'm starting back tonight, and due to my location, it will be with the same consultant (unless she's left). However, I'm just going to go for it, as in just over a month I'm moving house and then will be going to a different consultant and class :)

I never thought anything of her until I heard from my class that her consultant would text them all and be really encouraging, otherwise I would have just though all of SW was scary! :/

I went to ww for years and my consultant was horrible. She had her favourites and made that very clear. She said things that were made up to mke us feel bad and often quoted many incorrect 'facts'. It put me off staying for meetings and that combined with the binge inducing diet meant I lost little slowly.

Sw has been a complete revelation!!! The group is so much more friendly inviting and supportive. HOWEVER from talking to my friend who attends another group and reading these posts I feel I'm missing out.

What structure does your typical meeting follow?

At mine we get weighed sit round and she reads everyone's losses/gains and gives stickers out. Shes keen to give out help and advice for those struggling but also just seems to like to talk about herself a lot. She's never actually asked me why I want to lose weight or anything, which I find strange. She's very forgetful and unorganised and I find it irritating. Everyone sits and talks over her and I just want to shout at them to listen. Don't get me wrong I know there are worse out there she is a lovely enthusiastic lady but very inconsistent.

my old consultant is exactly like this i put up with it last time
but after attending group for 3 weeks with litte help or anything from her ive changed group and its the best thing i did really
ive found new motivation and new ideas and all sorts and i help her out with weigh ins and paying too
im really happy at my new group
my last group leader was a bigish lady but has remained the same the last four years and i think how
if i were a leader id be setting example but she doesnt
she always was really vauge with answers and just used to say its online/ chek online when some people dont have internet
my neighbour attended same group and i printed her loads of recipies out and that but it shouldnt be my job
i asked for a certain recipie i couldnt find online for ages and still never got it
she was useless
so i changed group id rather give my fiver to a nicer person tbh
my new leader has lost 5 n half stone so far i think and it really boosts us all yo know how much she has lost and still going
she has much better raffle
and really puts thought into everything
i travel a bit further now but i prefer it
ive heard a few ppl saying the same things as me about old group but some font have the luxury of a car and being able o go further
its a shame cos i met some nice people at the other goup
ive been at new group 3 weeks yesterday and lost 4n half pound this week an got my half stone
the only time my old leader bothered with me was when i didnt attend her group!
never mind tho
i would say if your not happy try a new group

I love my consultant <3 our meeting usually consists of paying and getting weighed,making a coffee etc then c gives the awards out with stickers and certificates,asks people if we've tried anything new this week,share recipes etc,then she goes around everyone with the losses/gains/maintains and asks how we're feeling,what we'd like off for next week etc etc,our group is the last of 3 that day so is quite small but so friendly and more of a social event,everybody is friendly and welcoming :)

|And I cant praise my c enough. She is friendly,commited,motivational,thoughtful,and super efficient and informative. Everyone loves her and her groups are very interesting and supportive. Tomorrow we are having a Jubilee Party with games,quizzes etc which she has arranged and organised. She sends support texts every week and the groups are great. So sad others dont have the same experience, after all, we are all paying the same!

i've only met my consultant once (newbie alert!) but from what i saw, and what my sister has told me, she seems fantastic! she really congratulates you even if you lost "only" 0.5lbs, or even if you stayed the same, becuase it's better than gaining! :) and if you do gain, she'll sit with you one-on-one, go over your food diary, see what you could change. she's a little hyperactive, but absolutely FANTASTIC! :D

I feel a bit sorry for Consultants who are being slated for not sending texts during the week, as that would eat into their pretty meagre salary.

im with a lot of you on this too
i started at a group on wednesday and wasnt impressed at all....no one spoke to me apart from one lovely lady
the consultant never introduced me to the rest of the group i felt as though i shoulnt be there a very clicky group i think
you read in SW magazine about how the groups are so welcoming but i didnt find that at all

i will go along next wednesday and see how it goes and if its no different i will either find another group or do it myself at home
after all its my £4 95

I left my old group as although the C was ok it was like I was an outsider everyone seemed to know each other the C was quite patronising I felt too I rejoined on thursday at another class and so far so good the C seems lovely and she had time for everyone it makes such a difference how you feel in class to how you approach SW I think

Indeed, the consultant should introduce you to the group during I T. Ours always says "And a big welcome to XXXXXX who is a new member today". And then we all give the new member?s a clap. I usually go and sit with new members after they have had their talk with the consultant to help them feel a little less on their own, specially if they have actually come on their own. I am a member of the social team and enjoy meeting new people and extolling the virtues of S W. :) :) :)

i thought so hollys nan to be honest i felt like a right dimbat sitting there on my own
to be honest if i didnt need to lose so much weight...i prob woulnt go back
as i work and dont drive theres not really much else in the area i can get to easily

lardylady said:
I feel a bit sorry for Consultants who are being slated for not sending texts during the week, as that would eat into their pretty meagre salary.

Not really. If your self employed (as I have been many times) then you'd be daft if you didn't have a decent mobile plan. When I had a party plan business I had over 90 girls working with me and I would email them throughout the week and text the ones who weren't online. I'd say the average group can't POSSIBLY have more than 20 members who don't have email so that's £2 a week to send an email or a text to your entire group and very probably a lot less. THAT'S the kind of service that will successfully grow a group and increase a counsellors income.

I'm not a C nor do I have plans to do it but a lot of party plan managers go on to run WW or SW groups as its a very similar business model.

:hug99:
i thought so hollys nan to be honest i felt like a right dimbat sitting there on my own
to be honest if i didnt need to lose so much weight...i prob woulnt go back
as i work and dont drive theres not really much else in the area i can get to easily

Aw, sending hugs! I would have taken you "under my wing". Goes back to people skills doesnt it? And looking at your stats just try taking it a little at a time, small goals and bit by bit you will do this. I have lost just under 2.5 stone and at target now and you will be too! If you stay to I T you will gradually make friends with others and you will no longer be "the new kid on the block". I joined on my own too and soon got used to people and began to feel happier in group, although I must say my consultant is very friendly and good. We are all welcome to make a brew (of course once the w i is over) ha ha. Hope you find things a bit better next time you go!:grouphugg:

Back