Anyone else starting in January 2009

thats a good idea!!!!

i already have my first clothing target!!!! the jeans i wore for my birthday last feb! i cant get them up past my knees anymore:(
if i can get into them by the end of foundation i shall be a very happy lady !!!!!!

on a new clothing note, i have ALWAYS wanted to shop in river island!!! the day i can do that will be a huge milestone!!

It feels great. I almost fainted when I fit into a size large coat in River Island. I had also kept an outfit that I wore 6 years ago and now it's too big!

It feels great. I almost fainted when I fit into a size large coat in River Island. I had also kept an outfit that I wore 6 years ago and now it's too big!

oh god, that must be a fab feeling!!!!!! i have a pair of levi jeans in the loft from when i was about 18, 28 inch waist, i can only dream of getting into them!!!

i cant wait till i can go shopping for clothes and not just handbags and shoes!!!LOL!

Oh River Island.

I love the clothes in that store but have NEVER been able to fit in them. I even had a "friend" who I went in there with who gave me her bag and coat while she tried something on then said "Oh, you might as well hold on to them, you won't be able to try anything on in here anyway".

I hate the snotty skinny people that look you up and down in there..but OH I so wish I could go in as a comfortable 12 and get bits I like.

I've asked to a lot of clothes vouchers from there and DP - to go in and get those things when I've been maintaining a constant bracket of wieght for a while.

I can't wait to pay and run out sticking my fingers up at all those shop attendants that suddenly won't look down their noses at the fat girl in their midst!

hi there!

Just wanted to say hi as I will be starting on 5th Jan!

Went to the docs tonight and was amazed as he was really interested and willingly signed the form, even tho he didn't know about LL. I had been expecting a bit of a row taking place, but it was fine!

Got to sort out my ticker and stuff now, but just wanted to introduce myself! Look forward to getting to know you all over the next few months.:)
Daisy x

Last edited:
Welcome!

Just wanted to say hi as I will be starting on 5th Jan!

Went to the docs tonight and was amazed as he was really interested and willingly signed the form, even tho he didn't know about LL. I had been expecting a bit of a row taking place, but it was fine!

Got to sort out my ticker and stuff now, but just wanted to introduce myself! Look forward to getting to know you all over the next few months.:)
Daisy x
:welcome:
Hello Daisydoll, there's quite a few of us now! I wonder if any more will start LL after the New Year?
I'm sure you'll find everything you need to know on here, but if not just ask!:)
Sharon x

Ok so what am I doing wrong? - can't add ticker - off to read the sticky about it - wish me luck!
daisy x

ooo done it!
Another thing ticked off the 'to do' list before I start LL.

Come on January!!!!
X

And a nice ticker it is!

Why, thank you kindly ma'am!!!:):):)
Just had a phone call from the LLC saying they have received my medical form and I am booked in to start Jan 6th for definate!
xXx

Ah! I'm still awaiting my confirmation.

Getting a little annoyed about it now - its been a month since she would have got my forms, and I know she recieved them!

Ah! I'm still awaiting my confirmation.

Getting a little annoyed about it now - its been a month since she would have got my forms, and I know she recieved them!

Yes grrr ditto! Although she sent mine back and I returned them again (GP had made a mistake and not done surgery stamp :doh:), it's been a while. I'm really worried she doesn't have enough people for the group (it's pretty rural here and also with the credit crunch etc....) - I'll be gutted if it doesn't go ahead. The next nearest counsellor is 50 miles away so I won't be able to go there.

Hope you all get your confirmation dates soon, will make it much easier to focus on the 'Start date' - Not long to go now girls! Just imagine what we're going to look like this time next year!

So excited just thinking about it!

Louale x

I know - almost all my Christmas preparations are accompanied by the thought "This time next year..."! It's so exciting!

I know! No more declining to go to the work xmas do, or not doing anything special for my birthday. No more "Just buy me vouchers" because I don't want people to know my size. No more family looking at me with pity when I go up for my turn at the buffet! Woo bloody hoo.

I'm so geared for this. 2009 here we come.

This time next year..... :D

Also, I'm going to ring my LLC on Tuesday (off work tomorrow). If we're not getting anywhere I'm lucky enough to have a semi-close LLC a little further away!

And another little question. Anyone here a smoker? Or a quitting smoker?

Hi
I'm not a smoker - which is good, as I guess I would be just as hopeless as giving up as I am at dieting!
Are you trying to quit?

Is anyone starting to cut back on eating at the moment?

I'm just eating crap, I thought I would be motivated to start before Jan, but I sort of want to be my heaviest when I start. Does that make sense, or am I wierd? (I'm not deliberately trying to put weight on, just have lost my way with food!)
I actually can't wait to have all decisions about food taken away from me in January.
X

Hi All,

I quit smoking about 18 months ago, which contributed to some of the weight gain. Are you thinking of giving up smoking?

I was quite a heavy smoker for about 20 years (started really young lol!) Gave up once before, then started again, but this is it now, I know that I will never smoke again, although I honestly never thought I would feel like this.

Daisydoll - Yeah, I'm the same as you, eating loads and loads of rubbish, think I'm making up for the food I'm going to miss out on. Will try and cut back this coming week, and hope that I can control myself over Christmas.

Louale x

I am wanting to give up smoking. Been cutting back gradually for a while but suddenly with a lot of stress at work and home the past month back up to what I was. I was bought some as a present when parents came back off holiday and have around 140 to go - but I've made my stance and said this is it - I am not going to buy another packet of cigarettes.

I'm just not sure whether it would all be too much! Although I could say if I was quitting that's half of my LL money for a week!

That would be good motivation for quitting - 'saving ' half your LL fees!
I wish you all the luck in the world if you do decide to give up - I watched my friend struggle for 2 years - she did it though and its now nearly a year since she stopped smoking. She is so much healthier for it tho.

Hopefully being on LL will give you extra will power (- but if not don't beat yourself up about it - you can always tackle the fags in 6 months time when you are lovely and slim!)
Good luck
Daisy x

Back