ANYONE GET SCARED THEY'RE EAT?AND SCALES ADDICTION?? Anyone??

i'lldoit

Banned
Hi Well i cant believe Im on day 21 of LL?Time flies hey?
What Im finding is Im scared............scared ive got this far and i'll blow it by eating?WHY who knows probably as ive done it before and ate and blew it?Maybe I should listen to my own advice?:confused: Leave the past in the Past?But I have this nervousness that i'll eat and fail again.

ANYONE ELSE?

Also one last thing

SCALES AT HOME (weighing yourself)
I have always admitted I have an addiction to weighing myself got OH to take them out the house for me, it took him 5 days (but he did )I weighed myself Satd am 1st thing Id lost 2lbs since last weds weigh-in :D then I weighed AGAIN sund pm which I know is silly as id drunk water and it was later in the day and I was the same as weds weigh-in????:eek: as my LL group is pm I thought it would be more relistic than the satd am?sorry waffling on :eek: lol BUT since then I havent been able to weigh myself and as all addicts know im finding I cant do this without my Scales?~well I have but you know what I mean :confused:
So tonights my 3rd weigh-in Ive 100% SSED and drank 4-5 litres of water per day BUt have I lost ????Im looking forward to later but with a small dread waiting for my result?
Thanks GUYs xx:eek:

Hi Illdoit

You know what we are all scared of eating and blowing it. That is probably to be honest because it is a real possiblity! I think being scared of eating when SSing is probably a good thing.

The scales thing, I love my scales I weigh every morning after a pea and naked and take this as my true weight. If I jump on and off the scales during the day I disregard this measurement but it facinates me how much it goes up and down. We weighed a half pint glass of water the other day and it weighed 1lb!!! As you have an evening weekly weigh in I understand your anxiety I think I would be the same but all I can suggest is that you also weigh each morning and keep a record yourself. Your weight loss at weigh ins will even out over the weeks anyway! Is it very hard to not take too much notice of the individual WI results rather than the total loss? I don't do LL so do not know how much focus there is on that.

Have a think about what will be best for you, perhaps it is to bin the scales but weighing regularly works for me.

Dizzy x

Hi Thanks Dizzy
I really had to bin the scales until I get to Target as Im dreadful on them and I know our weight goes up and down during the day but my eyes tell me another thing!lol!
Yes your right it is a good thing to be scared of eating~~ it keeps us on track Thanks Dizzy xxc

:) Good morning I'lldoit :D

Firstly - I think that everyone is scared of returning to their old ways, but you know what... it might just be the niggling fear of that that drives us all on so embrace the fear and use it to keep you on the straight and narrow (no pun intended!)...but don't let it bring old nasty demons to mind.. they can stay back in the flabby days!;)

as for the scales thing...

Oh Lordy! :eek: Dump 'em ! :eek: Steer clear - for you sound like I get :rolleyes: (past experience this is)... I was a scales hopper and drove myself demented!!:eek: :mad: :rolleyes: All it did for me was put more and more pressure on me!

Give yourself a break hun, :) keep clear and just know that regardless of what ANY scales tell you at your weigh in - if you have stuck to the plan 100% then you are already a winner!!

If the scales show a good loss one week and a poop one the next - so what!:confused:

YOU will know in your heart of hearts that YOU stuck to it and that all your efforts WILL pay off, perhaps it might take 2 or 3 weeks for it to come to fruition on the scales at times, BUT, it WILL come. I promise!:D

You are doing so brilliantly - 22 days!:eek: WOW... I'll be coming to you when I get to that stage and asking you how you managed so well for so long!

So, for me, scales dumping is a VERY good thing.. and... from what you've said... it could be for you too!

Have a great 23rd day today!!
:D :D :D

Thanks FFF
Yes your right the sales PLAY WITH MY MIND :eek: ;) lol
I will live without them until Maintance as I feel they are in a a gang with my chatterbox and trying to trip me up!:eek:
You have done so well and My day 21 has come around so fast as will yours........we can do this CANT WE!!
xxc Thanks FFF :D xx

scales in the house dont work for everyone, some people love them (me ) others hate them and think they should be banished lol, if they bother you get rid of them,

scales in the house dont work for everyone, some people love them (me ) others hate them and think they should be banished lol, if they bother you get rid of them,

Yes they are gone.........was hard but its a habit(another 1) i need to break~thanks CDT
xxc

I loved weighing each day. Still do. When you're in maintainence they say you should weigh daily. It's an addiction I'm proud of
agree.gif

Whatever works eh? If they drive you mad...chuck em (which I see you have:D)

I loved weighing each day. Still do. When you're in maintainence they say you should weigh daily. It's an addiction I'm proud of
agree.gif

Whatever works eh? If they drive you mad...chuck em (which I see you have:D)

You see I wish I could be like you :eek: I will have them back at maintaience............something to look forward to :rolleyes:
Thanks Karion xxc

You see I wish I could be like you :eek:

Laughing17.gif
Oh no. You really don't want to be like me;) I nearly had a nervous breakdown when I first read on a forum that I should chuck the scales.

They're all I have left! :D Okay...yeah...I still have the kids, but I'm talking about useful things :D

Laughing17.gif
Oh no. You really don't want to be like me;) I nearly had a nervous breakdown when I first read on a forum that I should chuck the scales.

They're all I have left! :D Okay...yeah...I still have the kids, but I'm talking about useful things :D

lol yes i too have 3 of those chidren type things but if i stand on them they dont shout out my weight they just say OUCH ? :confused: :rolleyes:

lol
xxc

I am proud of not owning any scales (maybe its a man thing?) and as i have had to miss LL meetings due to work i wont get another weigh-in for 10days+ which i dont find bothers me as i can feel it working and i can feel my trousers falling down!! :eek:

So i am sure i am losing ok and will of course find out when i return to LLC on the 28th. Although by then i may need to buy a new belt as i am already up 2 notches on belt and trousers all loose :p My bosses will be annoyed soon as i be asking for a new smaller uniform, and then again a month or two later ! Oops i can see me paying for uniform :(

Great progress Ill'Doit keep it up, were in this together

:D :D illdoit. I've stopped treading on them these days as they are getting a bit big (unless they're lying on the floor that is)

They have taken to picking me up though:confused::confused:

The only problem I had with the scales was this

1159138608-fathidingscale1.jpg

wow thats fantastic Lee,I had that when I did CD last year I had to ask for 3 new work blouses and they were great just couldnt get over how quick I needed them :D

You have amazing willpower not to weigh yourself for that amount of time..........You,ve lost loads and Im so glad your sticking at it even with a c**p LLC!
Yes we will do this we're in-it together and will crack it together ;)
xxc

:D :D illdoit. I've stopped treading on them these days as they are getting a bit big (unless they're lying on the floor that is)

They have taken to picking me up though:confused::confused:

The only problem I had with the scales was this

1159138608-fathidingscale1.jpg

lol your so funny..........yeah I dont tread on the baby as shes be squashed forever :cool:
Thanks for the laughs just what I needed x:D x

Yeah i have been amazed at my own Willpower, it has shocked me to be honest!

Even yesterday i was desperate for a pee (sure you know the feeling!) and was stuck for an hour in London traffic to the point it was getting PAINFUL :eek: and almost close to an accident! so i swirved and skidded into a KFC as it was on my left and ran for there Loo, (Now i should point out that i "used" to be one of KFCs number one customers) I finished in the Loo and felt so guilty of just using there loo as not a customer i walked over the counter to buy something (silly i know but thats me) and as easy and cheap i bought a small fries :eek::eek::eek:

Dont panic! I walked outside got in car, (did sniff and look at those nice hot fries though :p) and promtly drove out carpark throwing said fries into a skip! Didnt touch one at all. I felt so powerful you know?

Back