Anyone in North Cornwall / North Devon on a VLCD?

Hi all, i see some of you are in plymouth, this site was recommended so just really starting to look around, I'm just starting week 2 of CD in plymouth so just looking so some people to share the ups and downs :) and give some advice to spice things up. I survived week one quite easily and sadly still getting excited about different flavours but can see this wearing off pretty quickly!!
#
Hi Karen is on cd and lives here in rainy Plymouth.
Also there is myself and Lucky who do too we are on lipotrim, we all live in Thornbury.....where abouts are you ?
Welcome to minimins speak soon

hi

Hi, Thanks for your replies sonke and Jem. i'm in plymstock, i've done lipotrim before with lynn at the docs at mutley when i lived there - i lost quite a bit overall but cheated like a dog and kept going out drinking and getting takeaways :eek: on the way home so it wasn't too sucessful :) Over the years i have put it back on so i'm telling myself i am older and wiser and will do it properly this time. Looking at the other's ticker tape losses - it shows it is possible!! I decided to do CD as the doc here didn't seem too interested in giving any advice for generally losing weight - just told me to go away and lose some to show i was serious about it :mad: but this time i'm determined...:cool:

kept going out drinking and getting takeaways

Gotta knock those on the head dibsy, its only for a few months, not forever! You can do this!

hello all :)

who is your CDC dibspl?

Hello

CDC = Jo Jenkins - furzehatt road? Only been twice though don't know her too well, but she is doing a good job of keeping an eye on me by email :) One thing i want to know - what are you finding is the average sort of weekly loss. I know it will depend on the individual but i'd like a rough idea. 2Lb a week with slimming world (see, i've done it all!!)was torture :sigh:

Oops

Sorry, just realised i haven't actually told you my name - it's Sally

ooo im about to join jo as well! shes "devonbabe" on here but im assuming u already knew that.

guess i will see u on 19th at group weigh-in!!! do u stay to chat and all that?

I ,M FROM PLYMOUTH TO !!

yes i,m from plymouth to i live not far from derriford hospital !southway !
would like to meet yo all one day !!did.nt realize there were a fair few of us
debbie

Last edited:
hi debbie I'm in southway too! yep we're herding up all the plymouthians- there's a fair few now, we saw a load at the pharmacy last week too- maybe more will join! :)

evenin' to everybody!! xx

we all have to meet up soon!

sorry sally...forgot to answer ur question.

i havent had more than 3 weeks on the diet as i had a break at xmas and then for my birthday.

am in my 3rd week now and have lost 6lb 1st week, 5lbs 2nd week. so far am 3lbs lighter this week.

u can expect about a stone a month after the first month but some people, like sonkie lose even faster than that

yes u did. was just saying what a jammy cow u r dropping weight so quick LOL

not that im jealous... :eek:

hiya gang!!

i heard my name mentioned and my ears were burning...

average weight loss is 1 stone per month. some people lose moew, some less.....cause were not all average...

now...how and why you lose 1 stone a month is like this..

average person diets = 2000 cals
VLCD diet (CD 3 packs per day) = 408 cals
deficet 1600 cals
1600 cals = 0.5lbs
0.5lbs x 7 days = 3.5 lbs
3.5 lbs x 4 weeks = 14lbs ( 1 stone)

BUT remember we are all different..were not average...
make sure you drink your water..lack of water can impact on reduced weight loss. water is the most important element of this diet. keep glugging. and the larger you are, you will need a bit more than average.

my losses when i started was 9lb 1st week, then 5, then average of 3 per week ( including add a meak week) total loss 6 1/2 stone. size 22-12

hope youre all well! and having a good week, keep up the good work

xxx

just slinking into the kitchen to get another litre of water then as i have loads to lose.... lol

you'll be up all night peeing!

remember too much water can be bad, you've got to find whats right for you

i still drink 3-4 ltrs a day, diet or no diet. when at the gym i probably get through a litre. i drink before i run to hydrate, then i drink after cause im kanckered!

in the evenings i drink fizzy water with the flavourings. ( predieting i used to get through at least ltrs of diet coke everyday!) i cant drink fizy pop anymore i dont like it.

i drink 4 litres a day. never manage to get the last litre down early enough to keep me from making 2am bathroom trips tho. i never learn :rolleyes:

i cannot wait for my tastebuds to recover from years of abusive junk foods. the best thing that could happen to me is that i could be cured from wanting buckets of crisps and nuts :eek: i dont think that much of chocolate, unless its totm so just hope that doesnt replace the crisps and nuts hehe!

not too sure if i want to be cured of my chinese takeaway fixation. i know it would be better for me but i think its too early in my journey to say such awful, spiteful things about singapore chow mein :rolleyes:

Chinese - mmm

A woman after my own heart Karen - my favourite takeaway - never mind some time next year maybe when i'm making kate moss look like she needs to watch the pounds :). I'm having a real problem with the water, i don't normally drink any, but i've been out and about all day today so haven't really had a chance to drink lots of water - guess i will have to get into the habit of carrying a bottle with me.. Do flavoured teas - camomile and peppermint count as water intake?

i dont think so. ive been led to believe that only water counts as water. sparkling water counts as water, of course. i carry a litre bottle when i go out. the evian litre bottles are short and stout (like a teapot...) which makes them easiest for me to chuck in my bag. the litre bottles i use at home seem a lot more clumsier? maybe im just odd :)

Back