Anyone in Spain? - all the other threads seem to have ended....

Hi Pomette and Caroline, thanks for the welcome back. I am living on the Costa del Sol. Not sure where you guys are.
Really enjoying being back on sw and even though its only been a few days and starting to feel healthier.

Both Caroline and I are on the Costa Blanca - although 2 hours apart! I'm at the Southern end and Caroline's way North.

I'll keep an eye on this thread although there isn't that much activity on here. We all chat on my fred. :8855:
So get posting in the games section as you need 50 posts to come and join us there! :)

Last edited:
Where on the costa del sol? I know someone down that way that way saying there was an unofficial group near them.I can ask them details if you are anywhere near them.

I live in Turre and there is a slimming group here that is flourishing. The person who leads it is very very good although I must admit I do not actually go to the group but I go to her Aerobics and Pilates and she weighs me there. We have just discovered an anomoly with me that means each month I have a loss problem. The first time I gained weight and lost it and more the following week. This time I have lost 2 ounces. I am almost 66 so it seems odd but I no longer worry about it. It would be nice to get something going here again because I liked the information about yoghurts etc that we buy in Spain. Good luck everyone.

Hiya Sonyam - I've posted this on the Tortoise fred but I'll post it here too.

I'm 57 and haven't had any hormones since I was 36 (total hysterectomy) but took HRT for 18 years.
My loss pattern for about the first 4 months when I first started on SW (and was really enthusiastic) was actually on a 3 week cycle and was roughly -2, -1, -½. After I lost some of the initial enthusiasm it settled into -1, -½, +½. Although I did have some big losses/gains that weren't explainable at all. Now it's usually -½, -½, +1, - but that's cos I'm trying to maintain. :)

I think our bodies have a natural rhythm to how they lose weight - and I don't think it depends on age at all. It's just us.

Hi Pommette. I was quite shocked to see my pattern because I am 65 and had a hysterectomy when I was 29. Left half and ovary so did not startt HRT until I was in early 40s and did not use it for long. My shape is totally different to the amount of weight I have lost, more like 2 stone in shape, so I am not too worried. I was more interested in the Pilates from a back problem and sort of fell into the weight loss but I eat well and feel better than I have felt for a very long time. I think it is the combination of weight and exercise that is working for me.

It is a shame we are all so spread about because it would have been nice to meet up as a group but this is better than nothing.

It is a shame we are all so spread about because it would have been nice to meet up as a group but this is better than nothing.
How about a "holiday" in the autumn?
We have 2 apartments on a golf resort in Murcia (Los Alcázares on the Mar Menor).
How do you all fancy a "holiday" in the autumn ?
I can accomate 5 singles in bedrooms all of your own! Or 3 in 1 apartment (2 sharing a bedroom) - or 5 in the other!

If you fancy it - let me know!

Hi to all! Im so excited I found this forum! Im in Spain too and I would love some friends and support on slimming world regime :)

How about a "holiday" in the autumn?
We have 2 apartments on a golf resort in Murcia (Los Alcázares on the Mar Menor).
How do you all fancy a "holiday" in the autumn ?
I can accomate 5 singles in bedrooms all of your own! Or 3 in 1 apartment (2 sharing a bedroom) - or 5 in the other!

If you fancy it - let me know!

Sounds like a possible plan even if only a few days. I could even combine it with a trip to Ikea.

Hi to all! Im so excited I found this forum! Im in Spain too and I would love some friends and support on slimming world regime :)

Hi BabyAngel,

Im also in Madrid doing slimming world online. Fell off the wagon for the entire month of April and gained 2 kilos ! Gutted but anyway be back on it Monday once hubbies birthday celebrations are out of the way. I really could do with support too. If i can think of any tips etc I´ll put them in here :)

Thanks :) Here it goes, I woke up this morning absolutely starving! Typical my first day. How is everyone else doing? I´m finding the only way I stick to it is meal plan, I have to get that sorted today, does anyone else do this?

Plan, plan, plan all the way. I was obsessive about my plans when I first started . . . and my food diary.
I kept doing that as a comfort blanket for 6 months after I got to target! Managed to give up now though :8855:

2 kgs on during a whole off plan month isn't too bad. I've gaine 1 kg since Thursday!!!
Meals out on Friday and Saturday plus full roast Sunday lunch has not helped.
It'll mostly be bloat but grrrrrrrrrrrr all the same.

Good luck chica - you can do this

Its so easily done! I just need to get my mouth stapled I think, I love food so much. But this time I´m going to do it. I´ve planned my meals for the week so hopefully should stick to them.

Pommette, do you know how many syns are those little cheese triangles in Mercadona? there own brand ones? I´m going shopping later tonight and looking for something like that for recipes but not sure which ones I should get and was wondering have you ever tried the SW curry ? I´m going to give it a go Im hoping it satisfies my curry longing.

The SW curries are good - I have the Curry Heaven book and there are some fab recipes in them

If you get the Ligera Cheese triangles from Mercadona they are the same as Laughing Cow light.
17.5 gm triangle = 1.5 syns . . . or 5 = HexB
Even full fat cheese triangles are only 2 syns each.

If you don't already know, to work out syns it is 20 cals = 1 syn.

Thanks a million. That´s handy for the 20 calorie = 1 syn. Ive been using the online calculator its a pain though cos don´t always have my laptop on. Didn´t manage to get to the supermarket but will try again tonight or things will go Pete Tong if I don´t lol. Must put those lovely yoghurt´s on the list :) Thanks again.

LairocseLady, tell me about it i went wrong with it in april too but im going to Bulgaria (where I originaly am from) for 40 days and ill give my best for a fresh and succesful start. :) ill apreciate any tips, especialy with spanish food. and btw do u know if they sell frylight anywhere in madrid?

Have a lovely time in Bulgaria, the only tip I can give is plan your meals and have plenty fruit or other free foods to snack on. I´ve just made a quiche that I can snack on during the day, so quick and easy. That´s where I go wrong all the time so I end up eating something that's quick and next thing I know I´ve gone way over on syns and I´ve put on weight the following week :cry:I don´t eat a lot of Spanish type foods, my husband is Spanish and I´m Irish and the only time we would really eat typical Spanish food is when I´m with his family or we are in a restaurant, so I´m not much good for tips about that really sorry :ashamed0005: I use this website and another (slimmingeats. com) for ideas for recipes so I can have the foods I enjoy and add a bit of variety. I made the SW curry sauce the other day (Chip Shop Curry Sauce) I was imprsesed, I´ll make it again.

I´m not sure about the Fry Light, I got some when I was visiting family down the south of Spain in Iceland but before I was just using a drop of olive oil and a sheet of kitchen paper and basically smearing the pan. To be honest the fry light smells like paint its weird, I wont buy it again I´m not convinced its healthy.

Good luck baby_angel I hope you can succeed.....Bikini weather is upon us, I don´t want to scare the kids by the pool.....:banana dancer:

. . . and btw do u know if they sell frylight anywhere in madrid?
Hiya chica - and welcome.

The only shop I know that sells Frylight is Iceland - and I don't think there is one in Madrid.
Forget the Frylight tough - tastes absolutely foul to me, it is basically just oil and water mixed and I burn things when I've tried it.
And yes - there are lots of nasties in it.

Just use Olive Oil - either just smearing it round a pan using kitchen roll as LairicoseLady said - or buy an oil mister.
These are available online via ebay.es and work brilliantly.
If you are going to the UK though (???)
They are also avaialable from Dunelm Mills at just £5.99, and I'm told it works really well.
View attachment 90304

Silver Misto Oil Spray | Dunelm Mill

LairocseLady, Thank you for the tips i will really start planning my meals and have ready free foods to snack on cause i have the same problem as you, when im hungry i grab the first thing i find and regret eating it later, and all that cause i haven't planned and prepared my meals.

You are totally right about the pool thing lol im also hoping for a little bit of result in the summer.

Good luck to u and your beach body :cross:

Hello, Pommette, thanks for all the info on that oil mister, looks good i bet it will do a great job, i think ill get one.

What type of bread do you buy in Spain for your HEB? :confused:

Last edited:
Back