Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Because Millie will only be 2 years and 4 months and I think at her age she will benefit more from a beach holiday rather than a cruise. So we have booked a wonderful hotel in Mexico and going on the cruise next year

I'm having a cheat day - it's my 15th wedding anniversary and I've had an interview for a promotion at work which I've been freaking out about. I'm going to enjoy my dinner and wine and pudding and even possibly a creme egg and then tomorrow I'm going to be good!!!

Hi, coming to join you, reached 9st 12 on the scales today - first time I have seen a 9 for years. Hoping to reach 9st 7 as target then carry on with SW and just see what happens without any pressure - I want a weight I can maintain sensible with a job that can be stressful (when I get back to work) and two young children. :)

Hiya everyone! I started slimming world last year in the 11 stones, I'm now 9 stone exactly but trying my best to get in the mid 8's!! Just had my first day of 5:2 hoping this will do the trick and get me into the 8's ASAP!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I went to slimming world to weigh in and lost 0.5lb still a loss! Got a few plans this week but then I can have 4 full on plan weeks which will take me to the hen party and fingers crossed I'm firmly in the 9's by then!!

Current weight 10st 6.5lb

Got weighed earlier and I'm now 8 stone 13 woohoo!!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

That's brilliant news - massive congratulations to you!

Why does the water retention part of my 'star week' have to span two weigh ins? Looking set to maintain. Been massively off plan this week, as skipped two lunches (went out for lunch today, and even though we reserved a table, we missed the deadline for lunch, and they were only doing tea and cake, so I just had the tea and went hungry). I'm off to Belgium next week and will most likely miss weigh in, so I really wanted my 2 stone award this week. Got 2 and a half pounds to lose. Going to try and drink lots of fluids. Unfortunately, I cannot sleep, though. Stupid anxiety.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend :).

That's brilliant news - massive congratulations to you! Why does the water retention part of my 'star week' have to span two weigh ins? Looking set to maintain. Been massively off plan this week, as skipped two lunches (went out for lunch today, and even though we reserved a table, we missed the deadline for lunch, and they were only doing tea and cake, so I just had the tea and went hungry). I'm off to Belgium next week and will most likely miss weigh in, so I really wanted my 2 stone award this week. Got 2 and a half pounds to lose. Going to try and drink lots of fluids. Unfortunately, I cannot sleep, though. Stupid anxiety. Hope everyone has had a good weekend :).
I think *week has a lot to answer for. I hope it is a loss for you this week especially after avoiding cake and going hungry:)

Thank you, Jo :).

2.5lbs off and slimmer of the week! So happy, I could cry. I also tried on a size 10 top today and it was big on me. I will remind myself of that next time I want some chocolate cake or crisps. I'm seriously thinking of relinquishing my size 14 jeans to the clothing collection that Slimming World are doing for Cancer Research, but knowing part of the circumstances as to why I gained the weight in the first place, I worry my coping mechanism will be the same if it happens again and I'll be needing the jeans in the future! I always manage to find a 'cloud in the silver lining' as my partner would say. My wardrobe needs a good clear out, regardless, and at least I know it is for a good cause.

Thank you, Jo :). 2.5lbs off and slimmer of the week! So happy, I could cry. I also tried on a size 10 top today and it was big on me. I will remind myself of that next time I want some chocolate cake or crisps. I'm seriously thinking of relinquishing my size 14 jeans to the clothing collection that Slimming World are doing for Cancer Research, but knowing part of the circumstances as to why I gained the weight in the first place, I worry my coping mechanism will be the same if it happens again and I'll be needing the jeans in the future! I always manage to find a 'cloud in the silver lining' as my partner would say. My wardrobe needs a good clear out, regardless, and at least I know it is for a good cause.
well done on the loss that is brilliant. Def give up your jeans, if 10 is getting big on you. I have cleared a couple of drawers out and got rid of a couple of larger outfits and some old clothes and it feels so good just letting go :)

I think that's it. It's about closure - drawing a line under that part of your life and looking to new beginnings. As I once heard someone say. 'I'm not losing weight, I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it ever again!'.

I had a chat with a friend yesterday (who once weighed 30 stone and has got down to about 12 all by herself - she's an inspiration if ever there was one) about this - she said to have the clear out, but maybe hang on to one piece of clothing from when I was at my biggest. That way, whenever I can feel my willpower fading, I can look at it and ask myself if I really want to go back there.

I think the clothes donation is a really good idea. Last time our group did it was before I joined, but there was a photo of my consultant with enough bags of clothes to fill a small van. I think that's part of why I'm glad to go to group, even if I still feel very shy at times. There's people who started the same time as me and we have conversations about how we've had to go out and buy new trousers and I can see the change in everyone over time, simply from making this healthy modification to our lifestyle. Some of them are now getting close to their target. It's so inspiring and lovely to see :).

I think that's it. It's about closure - drawing a line under that part of your life and looking to new beginnings. As I once heard someone say. 'I'm not losing weight, I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it ever again!'. I had a chat with a friend yesterday (who once weighed 30 stone and has got down to about 12 all by herself - she's an inspiration if ever there was one) about this - she said to have the clear out, but maybe hang on to one piece of clothing from when I was at my biggest. That way, whenever I can feel my willpower fading, I can look at it and ask myself if I really want to go back there. I think the clothes donation is a really good idea. Last time our group did it was before I joined, but there was a photo of my consultant with enough bags of clothes to fill a small van. I think that's part of why I'm glad to go to group, even if I still feel very shy at times. There's people who started the same time as me and we have conversations about how we've had to go out and buy new trousers and I can see the change in everyone over time, simply from making this healthy modification to our lifestyle. Some of them are now getting close to their target. It's so inspiring and lovely to see :).
I think your friend is talking sense so inspirational her achievement x

Lost just 0.5lb this week which I admit I was pretty peeved about last night but hey ho.

Yesterday we got completion on the sale of our house and my bank balance looks ridiculously healthy right now. I went on a hen do and tomorrow is the wedding (sister in laws wedding!)

I'm super excited for it but I'm going to have to work mega hard if I want to lose any weight next weigh in!

Well it's all gone a little quiet in here!

Lost 1lb this week which is good considering the hen party and wedding all happened since last weigh in!

3 weeks today until the hen weekend so I'm hoping I can totally smash it between now and then and lose 6lb, got 3 spin classes booked for next week and I've still been on the shakes and they seem to be working wonders! I've even ordered more shakes to keep me going until the hen. I do 5 days with 2 shakes a day and then on a weekend I've been having normal food. Might try and get through this weekend with the shakes to give me a boost for next weigh in!

Well it's all gone a little quiet in here! Lost 1lb this week which is good considering the hen party and wedding all happened since last weigh in! 3 weeks today until the hen weekend so I'm hoping I can totally smash it between now and then and lose 6lb, got 3 spin classes booked for next week and I've still been on the shakes and they seem to be working wonders! I've even ordered more shakes to keep me going until the hen. I do 5 days with 2 shakes a day and then on a weekend I've been having normal food. Might try and get through this weekend with the shakes to give me a boost for next weigh in!

I want 6lbs in three weeks too but given I lost nothing this week when I deserved a pound and diagnosed with an underactive thyroid on Tuesday no idea what I'll lose!!

I'm sorry to hear that, Blondcat. I hope you are still able to achieve your target of 6lbs. *hugs*

I'm feeling very relieved this week, as I lost 2.5lbs! Ok, so I missed last week - not a great result when you look at averages, but considering that I was in Belgium for 4 days during that time and I have started eating actual chocolate (rather than just that found in the Hi-Fi bars) in small quantities again, I'm more than happy with it :).

I've had several people tell me that I've been pretty vicious with Slimming World (I'd frequently have syn-free days) and that I should be kinder to myself, so I'm hopefully going to continue listening. The syns are there to be used, after all, and I haven't suffered a huge setback from being a bit more relaxed. I just hope I don't go too far in the other direction.

I'm sorry to hear that, Blondcat. I hope you are still able to achieve your target of 6lbs. *hugs* I'm feeling very relieved this week, as I lost 2.5lbs! Ok, so I missed last week - not a great result when you look at averages, but considering that I was in Belgium for 4 days during that time and I have started eating actual chocolate (rather than just that found in the Hi-Fi bars) in small quantities again, I'm more than happy with it :). I've had several people tell me that I've been pretty vicious with Slimming World (I'd frequently have syn-free days) and that I should be kinder to myself, so I'm hopefully going to continue listening. The syns are there to be used, after all, and I haven't suffered a huge setback from being a bit more relaxed. I just hope I don't go too far in the other direction.
well done on the loss, I def lose better when I use more Syns c

3lb off for me this week which is 2lb really as I had a 1lb gain last week - just 2lb to go to target now x

Back