Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Ladies need some sense spoken. I feel like I want to go to group for few weeks at least. Reason I couldn't last time as wee one was with me and it wasn't working. Anyway one of the reason I am hesitating is because whatever day I go or time I weigh in at, I know it won't be a true reflection my my true weight. I weigh in first thing in morning and in my underwear. Am I being silly? Just thinking it will prob come to weigh in day and i will weigh myself before class.....argh what do you think?

Just go to group, wear your lightest outfit you can and don't worry about what weight it says on that first WI. as like you say it's going to be slightly higher then if you weighed at home. Then you can focus on how much you loose at your second weigh in.... and any after that

Ladies need some sense spoken. I feel like I want to go to group for few weeks at least. Reason I couldn't last time as wee one was with me and it wasn't working. Anyway one of the reason I am hesitating is because whatever day I go or time I weigh in at, I know it won't be a true reflection my my true weight. I weigh in first thing in morning and in my underwear. Am I being silly? Just thinking it will prob come to weigh in day and i will weigh myself before class.....argh what do you think?

If you feel you need that group mentality of WI, then you should go, if you think that will help you stay focused. However, dont you have to have a minimum of 7lbs to lose to join or are you already a member of a group? How much more would you like to lose? Are you 4' 11''? Dont forget its just a number & whatever you weigh at the start, you will still see a loss each week, even if it differs from your home scales x

P.S. Why do you WI in your underwear?????? Your bra & pants must weigh a pound.......go nuddy!!!!!!!! x

Ha ha really? Surely not...I am at target then lol.
Seriously I don't know why, just what I do, must try the nakedness out. When I first went to a class way back last year I weighed in at 9st 2lb which was 2lb more than I was at home although I didn't own set scales at this point I weighed at my sisters. Anyway I am lighter now but as you all know I have lost my focus. I do excellent all day at work, even manage good dinner but once wee one is in bed I eat crisp and chocolate. No reason apart from the comfort I think. Again I digress. Kim I think I am just under 5ft and I currently weigh 8st 7 3/4.....I would weigh heavier at my first weigh in so do you think they would take me? I want to lose half stone.
I noticed there is a group at my work at lunch time. Give or take twenty minutes there and back I would have forty minutes which would be enough to weigh in but not enough to stay for class. Not sure how I would feel about staying anyway as I felt last time the consultant didn't bother with me due to me being smaller than most. She was quite dismissive but for all she knew I could have been maintaining. Anyway I need to have look at other classes in case its rushing me too much x

That's awful, my consultants have both been good, I joined my first class with 2 stone to loose and then moved to my second after I'd lost most of my weight but my second consultant was just as supportive as my first (if not more.... not that my first did anything wrong, but I've had more problems loosing as I've had less to loose) I think its shocking that you had a consultant like that, it would have put me off going to be honest.

My boyfriend does my head in sometimes, nothing serious but we've finally agreed we'll do spag bol tomorrow when his friend is round and then take-away on sat. But since he suggested it, he's suggested it again a couple of times... as if its a completely new idea. Then when I've said I thought we'd already talked about this he's said, yeah but I'm just saying! It's weird lol

Quick report in been a bit AWOL this week!!

Starting back at work left me knackered and sore and just had no energy for dieting at all!!

Last Friday I had a giant papa johns pizza as my going back to work treat, then ate the leftovers the next day. Also had 2 bingey days involving lots of crisps and chocolate :-/ the rest of the week I havnt been counting points just making sensible choices mostly and quite enjoyed the pressure being off :) x

donna88 said:
That's awful, my consultants have both been good, I joined my first class with 2 stone to loose and then moved to my second after I'd lost most of my weight but my second consultant was just as supportive as my first (if not more.... not that my first did anything wrong, but I've had more problems loosing as I've had less to loose) I think its shocking that you had a consultant like that, it would have put me off going to be honest.

My boyfriend does my head in sometimes, nothing serious but we've finally agreed we'll do spag bol tomorrow when his friend is round and then take-away on sat. But since he suggested it, he's suggested it again a couple of times... as if its a completely new idea. Then when I've said I thought we'd already talked about this he's said, yeah but I'm just saying! It's weird lol

I have heard loads of good reports Donna and I wouldn't let her put me off tryin others. I think and I may be wrong but walking in and folk looking at me and wondering why am there is putting me off but I could be doing with a fresh start, new books and access to online. Didn't realise there was more healthy extras than in the book and it wasn't until Kim mentioned not wasting her healthy extra on alpen light for example that I realised I was stuck in a rut. Oh won't get paid for three weeks so will see how finances go. Is it 15 pound for first class?

icklerockchick said:
Quick report in been a bit AWOL this week!!

Starting back at work left me knackered and sore and just had no energy for dieting at all!!

Last Friday I had a giant papa johns pizza as my going back to work treat, then ate the leftovers the next day. Also had 2 bingey days involving lots of crisps and chocolate :-/ the rest of the week I havnt been counting points just making sensible choices mostly and quite enjoyed the pressure being off :) x

Hey Laura...don't be feeling bad or guilty tho you seem positive about being bit more relaxed so that's good. It's rubbish you had such a hectic first week back, hope you have relaxed when not on your feet all day. Been rubbish myself...start each day pissed and annoyed with myself for the chocolate binge or junk binge, do great all day to redeem myself then do it all over again. Can't believe I will have the cheek to weigh in tom ha ha

boyfriend brought a big bag of crisps home today (leftover from work) im so tempted to eat them :/ had all my syns today though. might have to treat myself to a crisp sandwich tomorrow if i manage to hold off today. planning on baking with little one though (3.5 syn brownies) so will ptob want some of them... agggghhhhhhh

Debbie have you thought about buying the new books off that auction site we can't name!?
Why don't you have a chat with the C to see what she thinks about you joining. I wouldn't worry what other people think if that's what's bothering you as you have to do what's best for you. X

Good to see you again Laura. How's the ankle holding up as it must be hard being on your feet all day & hope you're not too tempted with all the food around you. Must be good getting back to normality tho. I'll be joining you 2 weeks today eeeek! X

Went out to a nice country pub for a little drink tonight, well I had soda water & hubs had a couple of local ales! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

kim63 said:
Debbie have you thought about buying the new books off that auction site we can't name!?
Why don't you have a chat with the C to see what she thinks about you joining. I wouldn't worry what other people think if that's what's bothering you as you have to do what's best for you. X

Good to see you again Laura. How's the ankle holding up as it must be hard being on your feet all day & hope you're not too tempted with all the food around you. Must be good getting back to normality tho. I'll be joining you 2 weeks today eeeek! X

Went out to a nice country pub for a little drink tonight, well I had soda water & hubs had a couple of local ales! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Oh yeah never thought of that. Do you know if there are many more healthy extras on line than in book? I suppose on line membership could work for me....let's me weigh in when I want...now naked HA...and gives me access tho not sure what it has on there we don't have on here?
Can feel a spurt of motivation started. Just found out I am going to the girls on sat. As you all know by a sad one who doesn't get let loose a lot so thinkin of having good weekend by having wine aplenty then gettin serious for sept as we have wee break planned for four days which I will need to brave out my costume ugh....impending doom!! Think its seven weeks tom we go....oh reality kicking in now as I got to target almost when I was focusing on my dad wedding, maybe I could get the last seven pound off in time? Sounds like a mission

Ok so wi this morning and sts which is what scales showed yesterday when I stood on them. Due to eating so much rubbish and wine etc I have been scale hopping and everyday they I did it (every other day) they say the same. Now this is good.
However I knew I had to ahem go to loo and now the scales say I have lost a pound ha ha seriously. Do I ignore my second weigh as It's false and if it will give me false reading for next week? Can't see me having lost anything with the bread and chocolate, crisp, wine and takeaway I had since last weeks wi....now am ranting sorry x

Ok so wi this morning and sts which is what scales showed yesterday when I stood on them. Due to eating so much rubbish and wine etc I have been scale hopping and everyday they I did it (every other day) they say the same. Now this is good.
However I knew I had to ahem go to loo and now the scales say I have lost a pound ha ha seriously. Do I ignore my second weigh as It's false and if it will give me false reading for next week? Can't see me having lost anything with the bread and chocolate, crisp, wine and takeaway I had since last weeks wi....now am ranting sorry x

I don't know to be honest, it could go both ways, is it a false reading, as if you needed to go to the toilet that weight isn't you is it, its.... well you know. But if you know you've been off plan maybe its safer to go for the STS, that way if the second reading is your true weight then you'll have a double loss next week, but if its not then you won't be disappointed (which you might be if you took the second reading)

i think there is free joining vouvher in this weeks bella magazine!

Blimey how much does your poop weigh Debs teehee!!! I know when I weighed a few weeks ago, I'd lost 0.5lbs & then went to the loo & lost another 0.5lbs & I took the whole pound, coz as Pobel says its not yours its the poo's weight lol lol!!!!!!!!!! Take the whole pound Debs, so well done you!

In answer to your question last night, I believe there are a lot more HE's online than in the book, as Im sure I read it on another thread yesterday. Thinking about it, if you're nervous about going to a class, online would be a lot better for you & as we said you can WI in the nuddy, weigh when you like, no pressure from the class & what benefit would you get if all you're going to do is WI & then leave & not stay to Image Therapy. Go for it Debs as I think that will give you the motivation for your holiday & in 7 weeks you would be nearer 8st than 8st 7lbs. Not 100% sure but I think the cost is pretty much the same as classes & it will help keep you focused, as you steadily lost leading up to your dads wedding, so you know you can do it. What do you weigh now & I'll work out your BMI for you at this weight & then at 8st to give you a little incentive! x

Ooh 2 weeks til you are back Kim are you looking forward to it? How's the neck been?

It's nice to be back in some ways- mainly the money and feeling normal again. Other than that it's not great ankles pretty much constantly a little painful and i am so tired all the time. Hopefully get back into eating properly once my routine settles and get back into exercise once the pain does down. First wage today so that's pretty exciting having some disposable income for first time in months!! X

i agree that if your not staying to group onlines prob best...although i think you have to pay so many months up front for online membership.

my sisters just commented on an old status of mine moaning about shop sizes, id commented saying we bought some small pants for my boyfriend but when we got them home they were xxl! shes commented saying he's never a small in pants! WTF how rude!!! he's not skinny but he actually is a small (i dont know where skinny blokes do shop actually) in fact we've even bought him kids pants before in 12-14. Im really annoyed now though, even if she thought it why say it. i hope he doesnt see the comment as he wont be happy (we're not close with her)

Ooh 2 weeks til you are back Kim are you looking forward to it? How's the neck been?

It's nice to be back in some ways- mainly the money and feeling normal again. Other than that it's not great ankles pretty much constantly a little painful and i am so tired all the time. Hopefully get back into eating properly once my routine settles and get back into exercise once the pain does down. First wage today so that's pretty exciting having some disposable income for first time in months!! X

I wasn't looking forward to it until I rang my employers & did some admin that I needed to do before I return & now thats out the way, I feel a lot more positive about returning. I still get a lot of residual neuropathic pain from my neck & will be seeing a Neurologist about that next month, but I have a feeling its something Im just going to have to live with!

You will feel tired until you get used to the hours again Laura & its something we both will have to battle against, but like you it will be nice to be 'normal' again. Just keep exercising that ankle to strengthen & Im sure you'll have normality with it again once it gets used to being active again.
Must admit Im looking forward to having money again, as its been a year for me & I know you know where Im coming from. Are you feeling better in yourself now your back to work? Again, I know/knew how you're feeling as I went thru a few black months, but it sounds as tho we're both on the mend! x

Yeh Kim I was really nervous about going back and getting all the paperwork and formalities sorted out too but it already feels like I've been back for ages even though I've only actually done a few shifts so far!! There's a new manager and a lot of changes but settling in quite quickly and I really appreciate days off now :) will you be getting a phased return? X

Hi guys,
Been reading your messages and i think yer all great, ye've accomplished so much. I'm just a resent member of the '9s' but im a little low on motivation and fibding it hard to keep going. On holidays from today, and i want to keep the weight down. Its gonna be tpugh since im going with my bf!!!
Any helpful tips on holiday dieting would be great :)

Yeh Kim I was really nervous about going back and getting all the paperwork and formalities sorted out too but it already feels like I've been back for ages even though I've only actually done a few shifts so far!! There's a new manager and a lot of changes but settling in quite quickly and I really appreciate days off now :) will you be getting a phased return? X

I know when I do my first shift, it will seem as if I've never been away! No, I dont get a phased return, I will just do my own thing as I work for an agency & can work as many hours as I want! x

Back