Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Kim, I've been using the scales and body fat machine at the gym. It's A £1 and measures both. Id had a really healthy week too so I don't understand how such a big gain can happen. The lowest I've been was 21% so I'd like to get back to that if not a little lower. Xx

Kim, I've been using the scales and body fat machine at the gym. It's A £1 and measures both. Id had a really healthy week too so I don't understand how such a big gain can happen. The lowest I've been was 21% so I'd like to get back to that if not a little lower. Xx

Must be a fluke coz you cant surely put on 4% body fat in a week??????? x

kim63 said:
Must be a fluke coz you cant surely put on 4% body fat in a week??????? x

I don't think you can either. Especially after being so good the week before. I believe if I remember right that losing fat should be something like 1% a month so realistically 4% ON in a week is just ridiculous xx

I think the only true measuring body fat is the calipers isn't it? I think the ones you stand on can vary loads depending on how much fluid you have and a number of other factors as well so not that reliable! My home scales have a body fat measuring thingy on them but i think it basically takes your weight, height and age and does a calculation to give you the number so again not reliable.

At the moment i'm not paying attention to the scales, i've upped the exercise so am focusing more on working out than what the scales are saying. I'm hoping to get to the gym 3times a week to do bodypump followed by a combat session. I started 30day shred but really really don't enjoy it so what's the point in that. I'm trying to make sustainable lifestyle changes which i can follow for life as opposed to finding a short term solution. I found quite a few face book groups based around weight training etc and agree that i also want to look toned (not muscular). Take a look into girls gone strong for some inspiring bods, otherones include million dollar baby fitness or fitness motivation for ordinary people :).

So for me my target is getting into a size 10 as opposed to what number the scales say. I can be quite a fanatacle so hope to get fanatacle about the gym along with healthy eating as opposed to what the scales are telling me.

Although i'm also hoping that by focusing on these other things that the scales will tell me 9st in the very near future lol x

Just did a check...my bmi seems ok tho seven and half stone seems better. Will measure myself then go from there x

Oh and Skinny Ms. Fitness aswell x

Wow its been really busy here since I last checked, sorry if I've missed anything

I always struggle with lunches. I never know what I'm going to fancy. Sometimes I'll make myself something n then get to work n think that's not what I want so I end up going to the farm shop lol x

I hate lunches, very rarely know what to have, especially when my boyfriends home. He does my head in lol, don't know what I'll do when I get a job and have to take stuff to work :/

Morning girls.

Yay, well done Donna thats fab news about Woman of the Year......how do you get that title? x

Well, Nikki, if that holiday isn't incentive enough for you to shift those last few pounds nothing will be! How much do you want to lose in the 12 weeks? So no more boozy nights or takeaways young lady! Lots of exercise to strut your stuff on the beach! x

Got up this morning & decided to take a day off as Im knackered! Have done 10 shifts in the last 12 days, so need a me day. DH is back to work, so is away all week again & I just need to catch up on a few bits. Would have loved to have gone for a ride but its bucketing down here, so think I will just pop to the shops & get something nice for dinner. x

It was a vote at class, really didn't expect to be voted though, think I went bright red when the consultant said my name. I don't qualify for the regionals though, needed to have lost more weight but I don't really care, its just lovely to have had the people at my group vote for me.

It's horrible here too, hope you enjoy your dinner. Just had ours and I just threw it together but it was gorgeous, parboiled some potatoes and added them to a baking tray with some chicken which I topped with pasatta, herbs and cheese. Then baked for 25 minutes and served with roast veg. Even my boyfriend loved it.

Hahaha it meant to say sounds lol

I weighed 9st 10lb on Saturday so hoping I can see results like this time last year when I went to Egypt. I lost 5lb in a week by success expressing it so going to give that another go from Saturday.

My body fat really confused because Saturday the 4th I was 24% and then Saturday 11th I'd gone up to 28% so im not doing it this Saturday and going to do it again on bank holiday weekend. Including this Saturday I have 13 WI's, which also includes the Saturday I go on holiday which will be my final weigh in! Xx

I'm going to try success express for a few days before I go away and when I get back I think, never tried it before so a bit scared of it though....

the 4% rise doesn't make sense at all, I have to agree with everyone else.

Yer they r gross lol. Going to Manchester with the oh today :) going to cinema and staying in a hotel :)

What are you going to see? Have a great time

hi ladies, tried to multi quote but clearly cant work it
Forgot to say that was great news on OH's job vicky - brilliant
Holiday sounds amazing Nikki, rather jealous. Am sure you will do great target wise but i do have to agree with Kim. If you up the excercise you will see a difference. Reason i know this is - i am/was 3lb away from target - saw pictures at the weekend and i have this horrible flabby tummy still and am not one bit happy with my body. I need to start excercising and stick at it to see any difference - starting to believe the number on the scales is just that - a number

Donna, that is excellent - woman of the year, you must be chuffed!! well done. Lets try to refocus together

Kim sounds like you need a day of R&R - sounds good. Am sure with your dedication and focus you will be hotter than the sun on holiday - haha that sounds bit cheesy - true though

Am not "getting" the good eating and not sure why. I seem to be slipping down a horrible slope that i need to pull myself out of. Just seem to be eating rubbish and not stopping. Feel fit to burst - had 2 slices of 50/50 bread with ham cheese and branston pickle, packet of square crisps and fibre plus bar - i know i can have the sandwich if it was on better bread, just being really lazy.
I am going to go now and order 6pack by jillian - do you like it ladies? Need a new routine apart from 30 day shred
Think am either hormonal or just feeling sluggish from all the bad stuff i have been eating - will def not weigh in this week - couldnt face it knowin i have let myself down - do you guys alway weigh in regardless?

right onwards and upwards - need to give myself a shake - speak soon - (skuttles away to order dvd)

I've only tried doing the 6 week 6 pack two times... but that's because I'm lazy not because I don't like it, I think it was great, was sweating like nobodies business.

I'm trying not to re-focus but its hard at the minute as I know I'm going to have to go off plan for a few days/weeks with things we have planned. Just hoping I don't put on too much after our holiday....

I think the only true measuring body fat is the calipers isn't it? I think the ones you stand on can vary loads depending on how much fluid you have and a number of other factors as well so not that reliable! My home scales have a body fat measuring thingy on them but i think it basically takes your weight, height and age and does a calculation to give you the number so again not reliable.

At the moment i'm not paying attention to the scales, i've upped the exercise so am focusing more on working out than what the scales are saying. I'm hoping to get to the gym 3times a week to do bodypump followed by a combat session. I started 30day shred but really really don't enjoy it so what's the point in that. I'm trying to make sustainable lifestyle changes which i can follow for life as opposed to finding a short term solution. I found quite a few face book groups based around weight training etc and agree that i also want to look toned (not muscular). Take a look into girls gone strong for some inspiring bods, otherones include million dollar baby fitness or fitness motivation for ordinary people :).

So for me my target is getting into a size 10 as opposed to what number the scales say. I can be quite a fanatacle so hope to get fanatacle about the gym along with healthy eating as opposed to what the scales are telling me.

Although i'm also hoping that by focusing on these other things that the scales will tell me 9st in the very near future lol x

It's good to sometimes not focus on the scales and focusing on when you're happy with your body is much more important then how much you actually weigh

I'm same with the 6week6pack Donna. Far too lazy lol. In the middle of it was laid on the floor shouting that I couldn't go on lol. My oh made me finish it tho!!

For a supposedly intelligent woman Im really stupid sometimes......I've spent the last 10 weeks watching Big Brother & now Im watching Celebrity Big Brother! Why when I'm up at 5am am I sat here watching these Z list celebs making twits of themselves!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

kim63 said:
For a supposedly intelligent woman Im really stupid sometimes......I've spent the last 10 weeks watching Big Brother & now Im watching Celebrity Big Brother! Why when I'm up at 5am am I sat here watching these Z list celebs making twits of themselves!

I don't watch any of them. Used to tho but switched it on and decided I had paint to watch dry lol

lilprincessvic said:
I'm same with the 6week6pack Donna. Far too lazy lol. In the middle of it was laid on the floor shouting that I couldn't go on lol. My oh made me finish it tho!!

Oh no am scared as I know your much fitter than me....argh

I kept forgetting which side I'd already done on 6 week 6 pack... that worried me slightly, if I start it again I'll have to make sure I always do one first then I'll know if I've already done a move its the other side I need to go for

donna88 said:
I kept forgetting which side I'd already done on 6 week 6 pack... that worried me slightly, if I start it again I'll have to make sure I always do one first then I'll know if I've already done a move its the other side I need to go for

I was a bit muddled at first as well, but if you copy them you can't go wrong x

Well wake up call today....decided bite the bullet and stand on scales. Oh was meant to hide them....grr. have put on three pound since last weigh in. I know its prob not an exact true reading but still...it will make me not want to eat big fat bags crisps
Lookin forward to 6week 6 pack as it will be a new challenge x

I'll have to try it again and see how I get on with the sides this time.

How is everyone this morning? I'm really tired and don't know why, feel like climbing back into bed.

donna88 said:

How is everyone this morning? I'm really tired and don't know why, feel like climbing back into bed.

Fat, wobbly and lethargic. My first day off always has me all over the place thinking I need to do everything at once. Need a chill pill ha ha

donna88 said:

Revitalised! Morning gym session has left me feeling great! Oh and I had the bet nights sleep in a week!

Gah men, cleaned all the bathrooms while my boyfriend was at school to see how his A-level students did today, he comes home looks at them all, comes all the way downstairs to tell me that I didn't do the outside of the shower screens... but its okay because I did all 3 bathrooms he'll go do it now. Why not just do it!?

I appriciate that he's gone and done it now don't get me wrong, but he also suggested we spend this afternoon cleaning (this was before he looked at the bathrooms) and I said I've spent all morning cleaning and he turned round and said ''I haven't had chance to look yet give me a break?'' its like no give me a break I've been cleaning all morning I don't want to clean all afternoon, so then he said okay we'll do it tomorrow! So I've spent all morning cleaning and my break is that we'll do the rest of the cleaning tomorrow instead of today, thanks that's great... don't offer to hoover or anything this afternoon yourself!

Back