Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

I personally don't think of maintaining as staying the sameweight every week but of being within a certain range. I'm currently under target and have been maintaining for over a year. I always put on a couple of pounds on holiday (about 3) and I put on 2lbs at Christmas.

I'd panic if I put on 4lb if it wasn't a holiday, and I'd panic if I dodn't lose the gain within 4 weeks of putting it on.

As you can see I'm not too hard on myself and manage my expectations of difficult times.

Good thread... :)

I've struggled since calling target last October - under, over, you name it - i've been there - typically under target though.

I've got to stay at target now as I simply can't afford £5 a week at the moment if i'm out of range.

A great and much needed thread!

Been at target now since just before xmas and managed to stay within range since but it is not easy. I still eat sleep breath sw lol. I have had times off plan for social events and just days when I have struggled and been a bit of a rebel.

As long as I always get back on it and do not go over target I am happy. I just want this to be it now, no going back. I love my new clothes and can look at pics of myself and feel proud. I can't afford to go backwards again.

I now count my syns weekly and find that this helps me to stay in control and have my treats. I still go to class most weeks and stay. Class is so important to me and for me personally I just don't believe I could do it without it. :)

Last edited:
Thanks hun, I still dont feel that great though! I feel guilty after off-plan days even though I know I shouldnt lol xx

Hopefully that will become easier as you go along. This is just making me wonder how people at target reward themselves? As we lose we get our shiny's and stuff and people have their own ways of rewarding them selves. So how about for maintenance (sw should do this too as well as the free membership!)
How about treating yourselves if within target range for so many weeks etc?

I actually emailed SW to suggest maintenance awards a while back because I think they don't do enough to promote maintainence and people who attend as Target members are an excellent advert for the plan. They wrote back and said they would pass my comments on to their development team.

I have heard recently of someone getting a new award for maintaining for a year. but don't know if that's an official award or something their consultant did. but there should be something along the lines of the body magic ones.

But would you count it if you go out of range but then come back into range or would you have to strictly stay within that 6lb for a year to get the award?

I dunno, I guess if you had to start paying again then you have officially come "out of maintenance" but if you dipped out and then went back in within the alloted time that would be ok?

I'm guessing - I dont actually know that as fact coz I didnt know it existed. :D

Great thread!! Why hasn't someone thought of it before :)

I've been maintaining with SW for nearly a year but have a personal target of 8 13.5 I'm still aiming towards. SW target is 9 2.5. Put on at chrimbo but only WI at class every few mths so plan to go on Tues, am within target range again but not quite sure of their scales so will await with trepidation!!!

At the mo I'm trying to lose so not maintaining but when I was maintaining the support from the C wasn't great hence dropping classes to every few mths. I didn't change much except allowed myself a full on takeaway treat and wine every weekend.

Keep a seat nice and warm (and preferably cushioned!) for me.

I'll be there soon...

Great idea, count me in.

I've been at target for about 6 weeks now, had a 3lb gain the very first week after reaching it, but have kept it in check since then and have usually stayed 1-2lbs under target, so not had too many worries about paying yet! I'm still going to group every week - my consultant would miss me if I didnt, I'm on the social team, and there doesnt seem to be anyone else willing to step up on a regular basis, so I'm happy to keep doing it. I find it helps keep me in check to carry on at group - I just hope I dont veer out of target enough to have to pay!

Well - not sure if i did a good job at maintaining this week - gained 3lb (i had a few excesses last week - the least of which was the National Greatest Loser awards dinner where i had a lot to drink and a second helping of desert - plus other crap after i got home). But it has put me at being only 0.5lb over my target weight which I guess is good. :)

Now to just stay here without eating everything in sight and not being able to afford much at the moment (out of work since March). Suppose it's going to be green days all round for a while - nice to stock up on jacket spuds, etc.

I dropped my gain of last week this week.. and an extra 3lb. So I am now 1.5 under target which suits me fine. I am testing out various ways of "maintaining" that keep me in control. I am really good at staying in control when losing, but feel a bit more lost now and keep pushing the boundaries a bit too far.

I am sure it will come naturally if I do this for long enough! No intentions of going back where I was and I have thrown out my clothes, so no choice!

Well done MLM. I have sts this week so really pleased :). Harder when kids are on hols but planning ahead.

Been looking at some old photos today and think they are going to keep me on track for a while. They are not good :eek:

Lost 1/2 pound at weigh in last night which keeps me 2lb under target - was thrilled with that. Especially since I had food/drinks out on Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week (including 2x curries, both times with naan bread, plus I made curry at home again with naan!) and I had extremely alcoholic cocktails at Harvey Nicks!

Really thought I was going to gain after all that, but didnt mind as I had a few lbs of target range to play with, so was shocked I lost.

I do find its in my nature to hoard a little in reserve - whether that be cash, food (always have more Fibre plus/alpen lights/hifi bars than I know what to do with) flexi-time/annual leave at work etc - I guess my Slimming World target is no different.

But then as my husband said to me last night - there's no point hoarding if you dont relax and enjoy what you've saved up every now and again.

Lost 1/2 pound at weigh in last night which keeps me 2lb under target - was thrilled with that. Especially since I had food/drinks out on Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week (including 2x curries, both times with naan bread, plus I made curry at home again with naan!) and I had extremely alcoholic cocktails at Harvey Nicks!

Really thought I was going to gain after all that, but didnt mind as I had a few lbs of target range to play with, so was shocked I lost.

I do find its in my nature to hoard a little in reserve - whether that be cash, food (always have more Fibre plus/alpen lights/hifi bars than I know what to do with) flexi-time/annual leave at work etc - I guess my Slimming World target is no different.

But then as my husband said to me last night - there's no point hoarding if you dont relax and enjoy what you've saved up every now and again.

Well done on your loss! I am the same, I like the psychological edge being a couple of pounds under target gives me! Ooo the power lol, but that is what I have worked hard for.

I tend not to panic so much then if I have over done it. Also my weight is much more likely to go upwards than downwards lol :rolleyes:

Last edited:
this is a brill idea.I've been target for nearly two years and it is sooo hard:(

I have felt like giving up lately and need a kick up the bum from other members.

Need loads of inspiration pleeeese.

this is a brill idea.I've been target for nearly two years and it is sooo hard:(

I have felt like giving up lately and need a kick up the bum from other members.

Need loads of inspiration pleeeese.

Hiya, congratulations on maintaining for 2 years. Thats a fab achievement. Do you still stick to plan? Maybe you could try out some new recipes, try and change things a bit. It would be such a shame to give up after so long :)

:party0036:

Back