Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

I'm joining u here, have been maintaining for about 8 weeks now, it does change slightly each week and am due to weigh in tonight, had a bit of a blow out at the weekend so not sure how its going to go!

I lost 1lb this week, despite not doing anything different (and being *ahem* bunged up) . Yey! I am still in target, dunno how I managed. I have still been 100%, even on my birthday! I am planning on continuing on this plan. :) We shall see!

I've maintained for 7 weeks now :) Although I still don't really know how.. I still eat the same, but if I want the occasional treat then I have it. It did take me a while to get my head round it, I actually reached target at christmas, and it's taken a good couple months to STS, as when I started I kept losing even with the extra HEB, then I went on to 2 HEB's extra, and still lost, then I kinda bounced up and down for a bit. The one thing I know is that I can't get complacent.

Trouble with me at the moment is that having lost 1/2 lb after having a naughty weekend I now think I'm invincible!

Had a horrid cycle home in the rain yesterday, really didnt feel like cooking, so we ended up going to a pub for dinner - had fish and chips (neither made SW way!!) Felt like a pudding too, there was nothing on the menu that took my fancy, so instead of taking that as a sign to do without, we went to the co-op on the way home and picked up a chocolate brownie pudding that worked out at 480 calories per portion - that will be 24 syns then :eek: (add a few more for the ice-cream I had with it - it was Carte D'or light though ;))

If I hadnt lost this week I wouldnt have done this - I know I'm under so can afford a gain, I just need to make sure I don't give into tempation too much.

I have the option to go out for a curry AGAIN tonight! I might just pass, and eat my leftover mushy pea curry instead...

Ian I LOVE the fact that you went to the Slimming World Awards and had double pudding. Thats PURE rebellion, right there!

Have decided to try and make sure I exercise a few times a week. I keep trying to do the 30 day shred and doing the first 10 days or so and then something gets in the way (me, usually) and I end up stopping.

So, I shall work harder at keeping up some sort of routine. For one thing, I need to work on my fitness levels anyway, I might be thinner now and I certainly have higher levels of endurance, but I want to be as healthy as I can be. The added advantage of that of course is the more bits and pieces of exercise I do, the more I can relax into maintenance because I have a bit of leeway for the occasional extravagance. I feel like a walking pair of human scales!!

Struggling to stay at target

I am really struggling to stay within target and have now dropped out of the bottom end again. I've tried upping HEAs and HEBs to 4 of each and having about 20 syns a day and for some reason am still losing! I can't keep that amount of eating up as I feel really uncomfortable eating that much. Does anyone have any tips on how to gain a few lbs without eating this amount of food every day? Please don't suggest having pasta every day I can't cope with pasta more than once a week:confused:.
Should have gone to group this morning to WI but have had loads to do as I'm off for a long weekend to France with OH to celebrate our Ruby Anniversary:D, and will more than likely have a couple of flexidays!

Sorry for the long post.

Denise

Ian I LOVE the fact that you went to the Slimming World Awards and had double pudding. Thats PURE rebellion, right there!

It was my consultant's - we have to order all 3 courses - and she's not a desert person - and it'd be a shame to see it go to waste. :)

Have decided to try and make sure I exercise a few times a week. I keep trying to do the 30 day shred and doing the first 10 days or so and then something gets in the way (me, usually) and I end up stopping.

Thanks to not being at work - I am getting more activity in - walking - as I don't want to use the car unless I absolutely have to (i.e. going out of area, or have other errands/things to do/carry 4.5syn lemon tarts, picking up hire suits, etc). and it has also allowed me to join a cardio-tennis group on a Wednesday morning (organised between local tennis club and SW groups for members only at £1 a session). Alas - that's not on again now till May due to holidays :(

I am really struggling to stay within target and have now dropped out of the bottom end again. I've tried upping HEAs and HEBs to 4 of each and having about 20 syns a day and for some reason am still losing! I can't keep that amount of eating up as I feel really uncomfortable eating that much. Does anyone have any tips on how to gain a few lbs without eating this amount of food every day? Please don't suggest having pasta every day I can't cope with pasta more than once a week:confused:.
Should have gone to group this morning to WI but have had loads to do as I'm off for a long weekend to France with OH to celebrate our Ruby Anniversary:D, and will more than likely have a couple of flexidays!

Sorry for the long post.

Denise

i had the same problem with the first two times I called target - regardless of what I did - i kept on loosing. This time though it seems more manageable - though have gone under target a few times - but recent gains have brought that back in. I also felt the same about eating extra - which is when I decided to just let the body find it's own natural level.

I have upped my exercise since reaching target purely for the fact that it is so much easier now I am at target.

I do a lot more walking and enjoy it again. Also have put in for the race for life again this year and am able to run the 5k already quite comfortably after a month of training. Last year I did it I could only run a quarter of it, I was 3 stone heavier and can't believe the difference from then to now
:). It is not just about appearance but I just feel so good now :family2:

I maintained my target weight for around 2 years before going out of target. I need to lose 8lbs to get back to my target and it's been such a struggle.

I never found it easy to stay at target for the time I was there, I never went more than 2lbs under and frequently went 3lbs over! I'm one of these people who can gain weight by having a night off.

I used to stick to plan entirely but have extras. I won't be doing this again when I get back to target (and I WILL get back). I'll be having the extra HEX's as SW advise.

Looking forward to joining you all soon girls (and guys).

May I join? I reached target 7 months ago, & boy oh boy, do I find it hard to keep to target! I do weigh myself most every day, & find this helps me to cut down, or up, as needed day to day. I'm not obsessive over it though, & I know SW dont recommend this way, but I find it helps me...

I can't exercise as I cannot balance properly (nor hear properly either). I always end up falling over, & usually hurting myself, so I can really only pootle about :mad:

I am currently 3lbs over target, & I can really tell with my clothes. Just those few pounds mean clothing is so much tighter, so I have got to get back to target. I usually swing from over to under, but since Christmas, I have been over almost all the time... :(

Of course you can join! Welcome in!

Reaching target is such a major achievement and its what we all set out to work towards, and it is such a high to actually make it. But once that is achieved, and the novelty wears off, that's when reality sets in, along with all the temptation that we put behind us rearing its head up. We may also have friends and family who think that now we have "done" it, we can relax a little now.

A little, that's fine, but the danger is that we can't stop at a little or that "just this once" will become a regular thing. We have a natural propensity to weight-gain and that suddenly just doesn't change because we are a lighter weight now.
Personally, I am a depressive and a comfort eater. I am also a compulsive eater. I can go to the kitchen to get a drink and demolish 800 cals of chocolate, or worse, before I even know that I have done it. In order to stay at target, that's something I have to overcome. I can't let that side of me win any more, or it will defeat everything I have achieved thus far. But its a struggle. Every single day.

i had the same problem with the first two times I called target - regardless of what I did - i kept on loosing. This time though it seems more manageable - though have gone under target a few times - but recent gains have brought that back in. I also felt the same about eating extra - which is when I decided to just let the body find it's own natural level.

Sorry not to have replied before but have been off line for a few days. Wish I could just let my body find it's own natural level but I'm fairly close to the minimum allowed by SW and that is too low for me now that I'm an "older" lady! I just look bony now.

Denise

Denise - hopefully i'm there - but then again - if i can pull off a 3lb weight loss (which compensates for the 3lb gain last week) - then who knows.

I just hate the thought of having to eat extra to try and maintain the balance - even the extra HeB is off putting (though i do have all three on a Monday night - it's called a pack of HiFi's after weigh-in).

I never went to class, just did SW from magazine and website. I lost 2 stone over about 9 months and am happy with that. I have maintained by staying quite strict during teh week and tehn being more realxed at eth weekend when we got out or ahve people over for dinner/drinks.
I was really surprised that say for example at christmas and my recent holiday when I ate what I liked I didn't really put on much 2-3 lbs. I was on EE plan mostly, if I stick with this do you think it would be OK to have an extra HEB a day, sometimes I really struggle to think of a lunch option without thinking of sandwiches! As SW is a plan for life time I really need for it to be a bit easier sometimes to fit in with my busy lifestyle or I will completely fall off the wagon again.

I dont see why not Jude. After all, the prescribed maintenance is to add Hexs, so if you are following EE, 2 instead of 1 would be the way forward. Trial and Error is the key, you are maintaining well anyway, see what happens if you do this, you can always change it back if it has an adverse effect!

I still go on to the SW website every week and plot in my weight after weigh in.

Just done it now (I stayed the same this week) only to be greeted with this message:

"You may be disappointed with this week's result in which case don't be too disheartened, your Consultant is there to help you overcome whatever the problem is. Or it may be you're OK because you're aware of what's happening. I know it can be difficult, but either way, try to remember that there really is no shame in a gain or a maintain."

I'm at target! In fact I'm 1 1/2lbs UNDER target. I'm SUPPOSED to be maintaining!

Is it really that difficult to design a little bit of software that recognises your weight is in line with the PAT that you entered into the website, so it comes up with a message that congratulates you when you maintain.

I know its petty but it really bugs me!:banghead:

mandy296 said:
I still go on to the SW website every week and plot in my weight after weigh in.

Just done it now (I stayed the same this week) only to be greeted with this message:

"You may be disappointed with this week's result in which case don't be too disheartened, your Consultant is there to help you overcome whatever the problem is. Or it may be you're OK because you're aware of what's happening. I know it can be difficult, but either way, try to remember that there really is no shame in a gain or a maintain."

I'm at target! In fact I'm 1 1/2lbs UNDER target. I'm SUPPOSED to be maintaining!

Is it really that difficult to design a little bit of software that recognises your weight is in line with the PAT that you entered into the website, so it comes up with a message that congratulates you when you maintain.

I know its petty but it really bugs me!:banghead:

V true!! Point well made

Sts at weigh in so really pleased. Enjoying being out in the sunshine and not feeling like I got to cover myself up :).

Only thing I would say about class is, getting fed up with comments like 'what are you doing here, if I was ..etc...' When I explained again to a woman in class that it was because I need to keep my weight in check as I yo-yo I got the reply 'well surely your clothes will tell you if you are putting on' grrr!!! :mad: lol. Sorry just makes me a bit cross and had a few now :rolleyes:

Back