Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

mandy296 said:
I still go on to the SW website every week and plot in my weight after weigh in.

Just done it now (I stayed the same this week) only to be greeted with this message:

"You may be disappointed with this week's result in which case don't be too disheartened, your Consultant is there to help you overcome whatever the problem is. Or it may be you're OK because you're aware of what's happening. I know it can be difficult, but either way, try to remember that there really is no shame in a gain or a maintain."

I'm at target! In fact I'm 1 1/2lbs UNDER target. I'm SUPPOSED to be maintaining!

Is it really that difficult to design a little bit of software that recognises your weight is in line with the PAT that you entered into the website, so it comes up with a message that congratulates you when you maintain.

I know its petty but it really bugs me!:banghead:

I've vented about this before. That and the fact that there's a little box that says "food optimise 100% this week to lose only 3lb for your next award!" Firstly, "only 3lb" is a ridiculous statement in terms of a single weeks loss, although I have no doubt that it says that whether it be 3 or 0.5lb, but I'm at target! I don't want the next award!

Can anyone give me advice on how they maintain? I'm scared to have more HE's incase I gain!
Its also weird maintaining because I've been so focused on loosing each week, I don't know how I'll feel staying the same at weigh in.:sigh:
I've already moved my original target, and am tempted to do it again, but I can't just keep moving it everytime i drop below the 3lbs!
Does anyone else feel like this?

Hi Charlotte!
Yes, I know exactly what you mean, I have been doing the same thing for months now. I can't afford to go any lower, so I am working on the whole balancing act of maintenance.

I don't like getting on the scale and sts much either. It's far less entertaining than the anticipation and reward of losing, but it is something we need to learn to love, because if you are anything like me, not getting on them is a fast track to regaining.

The way SW recommend maintaining is by adding hexs, you shouldn't gain by adding one of each, but its trial and error. Try adding an extra one of each, then if thats too much, just add a B, or if you still lose, add more!

Everyone is different, you just need to find what works.

erm...hello......i think i got lost and i need this thread!!!!:eek:

I just found this thread again too. I was looking on the main forum.

Well, as I got to Target last night I thought I'd have a read through this thread to get some tips on how I now go about maintaining! I've lost 4st, seen clothes sizes come and go, feel so much better in my skin, and don't mind saying I'm very proud of what I've achieved!

However, I drove away from group feeling nervous of what comes next, and quite disappointed that I wasn't given any advice about how to approach my first week of maintenance.

My plan is to add a HEB and see how my body reacts. I also think I'll be setting myself some fitness goals as it feels very strange to not have goals to aim for now.

Perhaps I need to have a look through the books I was given when I joined to see if there's a section on maintenance I've missed.

Congratulations on reaching target!

I, like you was not advised on what to do, I ended up reading it on here. And then one week my C asked me to explain to the group how I was maintaining with a knowing look as if to say "make sure you set a good example here" so I replied with "I'm having extra Hexs!", but if it hadn't been for this place I would never have known!

Realistically, SW is a business and they make the majority of their money from losers, not maintainers, but it would be nice if they had a leaflet or something designed to explain how to maintain long term. At the moment I am the only regular attending Target member at our group, and so am held up as an example quite a lot, but I do sometimes feel a bit like its a double edged sword - if I have a gain, it's almost as though there's a delight in the rest of the group because I'm not doing as well that week, as well as grumbling when I lose it again. And for me personally, the weighing in is far less fun when the only thing you have to aim for is not losing.

It's a big adjustment. I am glad we have somewhere to discuss how the change in focus affects us.

Congratulations on reaching target!

At the moment I am the only regular attending Target member at our group, and so am held up as an example quite a lot, but I do sometimes feel a bit like its a double edged sword - if I have a gain, it's almost as though there's a delight in the rest of the group because I'm not doing as well that week, as well as grumbling when I lose it again.

Im not maintaining yet but I also feel this as I often lose so when I do its like oh yeah well you always lose but if I don't its like theres a bit of delight there or like I have obviously mucked up!

Am I missing something here? If I'm advised to increase my HEs, is there a way I can tell Lifeline Online to let me have an extra one? Hmm, something tells me SW haven't quite got their support for maintainers right!

Actually, maybe we could compile a list of useful suggestions that we would like to see happen and send it to them. It cannot surely be that hard to have the website recognise someone as maintaining and address them differently.

Actually, maybe we could compile a list of useful suggestions that we would like to see happen and send it to them. It cannot surely be that hard to have the website recognise someone as maintaining and address them differently.

I think that's a really good idea, both for Lifeline Online, and the new app we'll be getting (soon?) I know maintainers aren't SW's income, but they are great adverts! After all, we're likely to have spent a lot to get to our targets, so have paid our dues.

What happens if I am 1lb out of range tomorrow (lower end) will I have to pay at class or do I get a wk to get back in it? Do I have to get back to target weight or just in the range?

Don't want to avoid class but this morning was 1lb out on my scales, obviously don't know what i will be tomorrow. Just don't think it is realistic to reset target, I don't know :confused:

I think you get a week to get back within your target range :0) so don't worry too much, and miss class for, prob not as bad as you think.
Good luck for WI though xx

You get a weeks grace to fix things - so... if you are out of range, either... wear heavier clothes for WI, OR, eat more pie next week!!! :D

Know I shouldn't but will weigh in morning before going to be prepared! If needed will be in heaviest clothes, more pie sounds good :p

Hello all maintainers, how has the long weekend been for you?
I've got my WI today and I'm expecting a small gain because I've been out for lunch twice, been to a theme park for the day entailing southern fried chicken with chips, and had a Easter Sunday lunch including fresh cream dessert!!
I was good when I could be though so I hope it's not TOO bad at WI.
I hope you all did OK xx

Editing to say that I STS at WI, so better than I thought :)

Last edited:
I weighed in last night and lost 2lbs, bringing me 3.5lbs under target. And that was after a week that involved drinking several pints of beer, and about 4 meals out (including post pub kebab and a full on roast with roast spuds, cauli cheese, yorkshire pud and crackling -didnt leave one single bit and had pudding too!)

To counter that though, the week also included a 40 mile bike ride and several runs, including a distance of 10k (not a race, just trying it out to see if I could manage it - seems I can)

Put me in a bit of a dilemma about what to do about target, as I still enjoyed the feeling that losing gave me - luckily my C was quite pragmatic about it and allowed me to reset target at my current weight, so I still dont have to pay, but can gain or lose 3lbs from here.

I think she's happy I've paid my dues getting where I am, and am not going to be trying it on (ie just shifting target every time it looks like I might have to pay!) I think she'd just rather I carry on coming - I still go to group every week, take the money and help out where I can (delivered 2 lots of leaflets for her now). I certainly cant imagine I'm likely to drop much beyond 3lbs more from where I am - that would take me to nearly the 8 stones and I havent been there since I was a child!

Back