Anyone not got a telly/got rid of theirs?

isobel, i thought u were being posh! d'oh!

i was always happy to have just channels 1-5 but hubby insisted we get freeview....we got freeview and then he wanted sky......

now he wants to get rid of sky...and would be even happier if i agreed to get rid of TV altogether. so he psuhed for all this and now im hooked, he wants rid lol. I used to watch soaps all the time but i rarely do now. i do love watching "downsize me!" and all the weigh loss shows. always watched BB every year religiously but havent seen even an advert for it this year and dont miss it at all. so! i watch much less tv than i ever did b4 BUT i would go ape if he tried to get rid of it.

as for the kids...i do feel they watch too much TV. we have cut it down but youngest still watches way too many DVDs. i dont feel they r babysat by the TV tho...im always around and itds mostly just on while they arent really paying attention and its background noise. we have talked about cutting it down over the summer while they are more interested in playing out....then when winter comes back...we'll distracy them so that they dont even realise they have been weaned off. only problem with that is its june and we havent had a summer yet!!

like isobel...i am terrible for needing background noise of tele. its always on in the evening when kids r in bed, like it is right now but i couldnt even tell u what is on. i just like the noise lol.

we dont tend to watch much telly at all. i used to be a right soap addict but decided it was wasting time sitting there watching it. so weve only got a little portable in the lounge which gets used about once a week if that.

however....hubby loves films and plays online games so when we moved into this house we had a projector/cinema room built in the basement. so our telly screen is about 12foot wide and taller than me. we can watch normal tv, cable , dvd , and also its linked to the computors.

Am I seriously the only TV-free person?

Heh heh. This is why, when I mention it in polite company, people look at me as if I'm deranged. I get asked "but what do you DO?" a lot.

Not mad Kate ,just aside from the norm.

anyone who asks 'what you do' in the evenings is telling you more about their lives than anything else.

I used to watch quite a lot of TV until I found DH and then Minimins. So now I'm glued to the computer instead of the TV. Can't remember the last programme I watched
Irene xx

Back