Anyone suffering worse PMS since losing weight?

curvesncurls

Just what is says on the tin. I'm getting around two weeks of feeling totally sh*te, just wanting to bawl my eyes out, noting seeing the point in anything. Really snappy and feeling like life is just hopeless.
(can you tell I have it at the mo?)
Can't continue like this - feel like I'm losing my mind, not my bum. Any tips or empathy or valium? Anyone?

Are you eating enough calcium (HEXA's)?

Are you eating enough of all the right things and not just eating to lose? Not eating enough totally f*ks you up :(

Sympathy is all I can offer, but I offer it in abundance.

Not much help, but I noticed my pms improved since losing weight, less bloating and extreme fatigue

Thanks everyone - just felt like I've been cracking up. Was two weeks last month, the same this month. Maybe just one of those things - very emotional and a bit stressed over something, so maybe that's it. Having loads of calcium, but maybe too much salt. Will def get the vit B and evening primrose out - would there be syns in that?!
Thanks - just needed a moan xxxx

I take evening primrose oil or starflower oil and haven't synned it and am still losing. Better to take it than to murder someone ;):D

I've been really down the last 2 months when its totm....never thought it could have been to do with the weight loss....

maybe its the fact that im not trying to drown my sorrows with a tub of ben and jerrys :p

my moods improved tbh i was a nightmare before, id try the primrose for a bit :D see how you get on, and i exercise i do zumba on a wednesday night and body blaster in the water on a thursday night this has helped me ! especially for my moods :D

I am a PMS nightmare whether im dieting or not - I feel your pain :(

When mine was really bad I used to take lots of B vitamins, it supposed to help, make sure you are sleeping enough, part of my problem was that I'd get a weird insomnia (no tiredness at all) for a week before and then feel wiped the two weeks after!

I'm awful, I found myself nearly in tears in sainsburys the other day because they didn't have any courgettes......

I just save my syns for malteasers (9.5) and use the traditional method of comfort :D

xx

I ended up getting it so bad that for a full 10 days I would be at rock bottom and it would take another 10 days to recover so each month I was only normal for 10 days. I was miserable and went to the dr. It took a while but I was diagnosed with PPMD and the dr was quite blunt that the only cure was pregnacy!! We did shift my pill cycle to me only taking a break every 9 weeks which within the first couple of months really helped me and I managed to drop down to a 6 week pill cycle and now back on 3 weeks with a break. Just my experince of it but it was horrific before then and now while not exactly fantastic there are some months where I have none!!

I had a hysterectomy last year as my PMS and pain and heavy periods were down to one huge fibroid!

Still get a bit of PMS but now I'm taking B vitamin supplements it's better

Great to hear all the replies- thanks! It did improve when I started losing weight, but the last 3 months it's been two weeks/10 days of despair and anger.
I think I posted ages ago that my mum's been having hot flushes again since losing a stone. Talked to my friend, a science teacher, who told me that you store oestrogen in your fat stores, so losing can mess things up in your cycle. I'm exercising like a demon, but not sticking to plan, so eating better is obviously key!

I take B vitamins every morning and iron twice a day.

Back