Anyone tried carb blockers?

locket

I was just wondering if anyone has tried carb blockers? I'm just thinking cos I'm not considering permanently cheating but with a few birthdays coming up it will be nice to enjoy a glass of wine. I not had any wine or drink for well over a year. I really miss a good glass of wine but wouldn't want to sabotage my diet.

I did try them but was really alarmed about what (cough) "came out" the other side! Only tried them a couple of times but I really wouldn't recommend them, think it's not good for your body - and they are very £££.

LOL Brennie, OK you asked for it :D

I was weeing a sort of orange oil - and omg it did not smell good! Very chemical aroma :(

I haven't tried them but have read posts by people who tried them and the majority opinion is that no, they don't really work.

I suspect (as with any product like that) if they really did work we'd all know and be taking them.

Clear spirits won't take you out of ketosis - it's just that your body burns alcohol before it burns anything else so you might stall a little. Carb blockers would have absolutely no effect on that.

Thanks for the feedback. I was about to spend £70 on carb blockers. I think now I'd rather spend the money on VLCD, if I get that desperate. At least I'll get some, by the sounds of it, yummy things instead of tablets that don't work and make your wee smell like a laboratory.

I didn't think the carbs were that bad in wine, so long as you choose dry white or red...? Neris & India said these were just one or two carbs for a small glass. Obviously vodka and tonic is the best thing.

B x

I have switched from vodka to red wine it doesn't seem to have affected my weight loss ...I tend to have a few glasses (my nose is growing) at the weekend ...think vodka made me stall but everyone is different x

I have tried carb blockers they didnt cost £70 tho holland & barrett sell them they are called carb minders and u can often get them on their various offers like buy one get another for £1

i got them the first time i did Atkins, i had just got going and had a hen doo to go to which was a meal and party etc. i found that i didnt lose ketosis and didnt have trouble getting refocussed after the doo, so no spikes. I wouldnt take them every day,but i have used them for things like birthdays and weddings etc. never had any adverse effects with any bodilly function. They are basically plant extracts.

Back