Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

No, trying to watch what i'm eating, as i seem to be easily tempted these days, :D so if i am tempted, then at least that's 100 cals off the total lol ha ha.

stocked up my freezer today, in asdas. i think its all veg :D have 3.5 drawers full of either fresh green beans that i have frozen, or cauli, brocolli, mushrooms, onion and mixed peppers. it will take me ages to get thru that lot :D

Hi, I have been searching for an alternative to CD on which I lost over five stone two years ago. Unfortunately, I've had a lot of stress to deal with and regained about 4 stone. I'm gutted and haven't been in the mindset to go back to CD - nor can I afford it. I have read some positive comments here about STW but wondered what bars do you have? I really liked the CD ones. I need to get this weight back off, it'd depressing the hell out of me as I have a wardrobe of size 10 -12 clothes and now I am 16- 18 :(

U can have Exante bars or Tesco Ultra slim bars... Only one a day... They're too nice so ones got to be disciplined not to overeat them if you're an emotional eater like me!

Fair play Jeanette stockin up the freezers with healthy veg... As the saying goes " Failure to plan is planning to fail".... So gud thinking planning ahead!!

I've finally put in an order for wheat free pack from Exante... Never saw this option before... Money wise.. Its way cheaper than CD or LL plus ders no thinking or preparing food... It worked b4 so it'll work again .... Goin to start walkin again around my garden each mornin ... As weights will stall my losses. I've some STW shakes to keep me goin until they arrive... Got a free by of a shaker, drink powder and a travel mug... Made my day!!

Off to d city today for a family day out Have a gud one Jeanette and all!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, shoebe what did u order? i love the soups, the veg in particular, also LOVE the porridge, could have this when not on exante :D, also the spaghetti bolognaise is very nice, bit trial and error re the pasta, but i have sieved the pasta out and soaked in a little boiling water, then added it back to the mix (same with pasta carbonara, but can never get that thick, more like soup lol) shepherds pie is nice as well, i add dried mint and herbs, and some salt and pepper, re the chilli, u def need to soak the beans for 4-5 mins before re adding to the mix, as they are like bullets otherwise :D and as u know i love the bars lol. Yes, from thurs will be adding a meal a day, will prob be chicken and veg as well as 3 packs a day, then will drop a pack the following week etc. so by xmas i will be having a greek yog with splenda and almond or lemon flavouring for breakfast and salad and protein and 3 crispbreads (or a piece of bread every other day) for lunch, the protein and veg, plus potatoes for tea, what do u think?

Hi Kitten, i lost 5 stone 7 years ago on CD, but came off it suddenly due to my brother in law having Cancer, (he passed away) as i was the one taking to treatment i just came off it and didn't do it properly. I have now lost the 5 stone, and am on exante, and having 600 cals a day, with porridge, soup or bar, then a meal pack for tea. find it easier than STW in the winter, as u crave something hot on cold days ( well i do anyhow :D)

Hey... NJOY experimenting with food... Exciting days ahead 4 u...
Pack I ordered was a 4 wk wheat free bumper pack ...14 vanilla,7 CHoc, 7 strawberry, 7 banana, 7 toffee caramel, 7 CHoc mint, 7 porridge, 7 apple and cinnamon porridge, 7 red bean chilli, 7 mushroom risotto and 7 curry.
Lots of new ones I haven't tried.... I Luved d porridge so Im Lookin 4 ward 2 Dat
Kids had fun buyin Xmas pressies 4 each other 2day ... They wrapped dem when they got home in The Muppets Xmas wrapping paper.. Really cute... They want to put up d Xmas tree and decorations on Thurs evenin as d Xmas toy show is on Fri nite on d telly and der cousins r comin to visit and play on Fri afternoon after SCH

Uve done remarkably well ... Ur super d way Uve done it solo staying motivated urself wout a class
How do u space out Ur meals??

... Alarm set 4 exercise at 6am .. Needs must!

Hi shoebe, sounds nice, i havent tried the curry or risotto or the choc mint or toffee caramel Mmmmmm

My sister has trimmed up for about 2 weeks now :eek: :D

I usually have my first at about 10 weekdays, then at about 1 - 2 pm, the try to have last at 6 - 7pm and a bouillon at about 4pm

exercise at 6am? :eek::eek::eek:

ooh thats sounds do able Jeanette thanks. My sister says 'why don't you just try weightwatchers - but I like the control of vlcd's.. I've not looked at the Exante option though. What are the bars like? x

Hi kitten, the bars r lush, u can hav choc n orange or toffee nut and raisin. They r quite filling, hav a look at them on site.
I dont lose weight very easily, and even on this its sometimes only about 2 lb, others about 4 lb. But i lost 9 lb the first week :D was very happy. I find it easier to not eat as then u don't over eat :D also if u follow it to the letter ur having a loss every week, and can lose a stone a month, more the first month.

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Fatgirlslim,

I started doing 3 shakes a day to start for about the 1st 3 weeks, eating a handful of nuts and fruit through out the day, but mainly with the fruit I stuck to raspberries, blackberries and blueberries ..... And in the evening I would eat a low carb meal, the easiest way to condition yourself to low carb is leave out pasta, potatoes, rice, bread etc..... My meals now consist of a portion of meat and salad, or a portion of meat and veg, always eating veg from above ground rather than that that grows under the ground, omelettes are good too I add lots of spinach, and drink loads of water, drink water with all of your meals too, I am pretty much down to my goal weight just 3lb to go to 9st and I don't think I will ever go back onto carbs? The less I eat them the less I want them? I have had the odd chocolate pang while I have been doing it so I have had the odd bar here and there, I always think if you don't you won't succeed, never felt guilty for having it but where as before I would say that's it if failed the diet and go on and eat another one...... With this diet I don't? I just get straight back on it :) I like the Lindt 90% coco anyway so I always buy a big bar of that and have it for my emergency cravings ! I used to suffer with tummy ache in the mornings on a daily basis, I always thought I was allergic to wheat or something like that? Since doing shake that weight all of that has gone, so for that reason alone I just never want to go back to eating what I was before ..... And I am one of those people who say if I can do it... Anyone can! :) really hope you succeed :) best of luck xx

Well done Faymuffintop... Lookin forward 2 gettin down to goal again... Need to lose 11/2 stone
Ur very sensible re CHoc .. Ill b stealin Dat idea...

Hey Jeanette... Dont know when order will come.... Walked 5km this mornin ... Wore ankle weights and carried dumbells 4 d last 2 km ... Had a coffee and coconut milk afterwards and lots of water Had a shake at 12.30... Had a bar at 2.30 as had to bring my daughter 2 d doc as her cough sounds like croop so I wanted 2 get it checked... Turns out its viral... Gave prescription but told to hold off and only get it if she worsens .. Had tuna salad and mayo and a bowl of soup 4 dinner ... Had another bar ... Need to drink more... Finished eating 4 d day... How was Ur day?

Hi there, Not to bad shoebe, had porridge for breakfast, and as i went to collect a onesie i had ordered online on matalan (to collect) didn't get home till 3.30 :eek:, was starving, so couldn't be bothered to make anything, so had a mug of tea and a bar. must be feeling lazy or something today as didn't fancy or couldn't be bothered to make anything later on, so had a tiny bit of chicken, and 2 crackerbread (19 cals each and 3g of carbs each) and 4 pickle onions and a couple of baby gherkins, :eek: bought a new coat in asda DSC_0047.jpg and a top DSC_0044.jpg :D

hope ur daughter gets better soon, sounds rough? i' having trouble drinking the water now as well, :(

ps sorry about the photos, couldn't find a way to rotate them :eek:

Oh der fab.... Really pretty top and SO on trend as lace is in... And never dates!! Coat is dead mod too... Oh I wish der was an Asda nearby! U must b thrilled! Ru Savin d coat 4 Xmas or will u wear it straight away?
Ur gr8 keepin an eye on cals and carbs...

Thanks, no its a to me from me present, so i have given permission to myself to wear it :D ha ha, yes i have liked the biker look jackets, but i wanted a longer one, don't think the shorter ones would suit me lol. Coat was 30 pounds, so pretty good

I like it... To me 4m me... Rofl... SO much better than food treats... U can strut Ur stuff instead ha ha ... Super value!

Hey Another day done... Fell asleep on d couch last nite so inspite of sleepin all nite I felt coz I Didnt get to a bed Dat I hadn't slept... Spent day Sneezin ... Eyes r glassy... Feckin flu... Oh joy! Will b Hittin d bed early

Hi shoebe, I know what u mean, when ur not in bed u dont feel that u hav had a good nites sleep.
Hope u dont come down with a bad dose of the flue!
Its freezing 2day, hav my bed socks on :D

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh ya can't beat bed socks... I Luv dem... Have a few odd ones... Where do d matching pairs disappear to? Kids asked me what I wanted 4 Xmas and I said bed socks :) Saw my son purchase fab pink ones in Aldi on Sun... Yeah!!!
Hope Ur wrapped up warm and are as snug as a bug in a rug :)
OH cooked din....Whats seldom is wonderful!!

TG I didn't crash into anythg enroute home from work as its awful when one sneezes its impossible not 2 close Ur eyes... Hope its gone tomoro ... Ill have a Lemsip black currant drink tonite ... Dat should do d trick

Yes i always get a new pair at xmas, lovely soft and snugly ones :D yes i always have odd ones to, u will have to send me ur odd ones :D

Yes know what u mean re sneezing, hope ur better tomoro? i'm off to town with the family, my nephew is coming as well tomoro, he hasn't any classes in college, so wanted to go to frankie and Bennys (Italian restaurant) do u have any over there?

Put a thick aran style jumper on today, u should have seen it, it was huge lol:D

Mornin ... Must've been a gr8 feeling 2 see how much Uve lost by putting on Dat jumper... Wud b handy if u cud shrink it in a hot wash....Then again It wud probably stretch and become a dress..... Ha ha Washin machines tend 2 do d opposite 2 what u want dem 2 do at times!!! :)
No haven't heard of Dat restaurant so Dont think its over here!! Will u join dem dining out? Low carb of course!! B-) NJOY!!
Im relieved my daughters project on famous buildings is finally finished last nite... Der SO time consuming ....front rm floor was covered in papers.... Plus they need a lot of help and guidance as der only 8 and 10!! Thankfully her cough is getting a wee bit softer!!
Yeah .. Wed ... Nearly half way thro d wk... I don't want to go near any shops next wkend as I was exhausted after Sun ... Hope my delivery arrives today... Lookin 4ward 2 havin porridge mmmm

Back