Anyone up for a 30-Day Shred Challenge?

Another one bites the dust! Not sure it is getting any easier yet. mind you no trainers on this evening which I think somehow made the lactic acid build up worse. don't think I will do that again.

enjoy your date, Squishy

RawrGirl -- @ Level 1 (3 done, 27 to go)
dominoes -- @ Level 1(0 done, 20 to go)
BerryBerry -- @ Level 1 (0 done, 30 to go)
zeke -- @ Level 1 (5 done, 25 to go)
Nettee -- @ Level 1 (4 done, 26 to go)
Squishy -- @ Level 1 (4 done, 26 to go)

Nettee said:
Another one bites the dust! Not sure it is getting any easier yet. mind you no trainers on this evening which I think somehow made the lactic acid build up worse. don't think I will do that again.

enjoy your date, Squishy

Nettee -- @ Level 1 (4 done, 26 to go)

Thanks Nettee! Looking forward to it.

I tried it once without trainers too and it was awful. Actually, my first time doing the Shred back in June (never got past day 12 or so!) I remember my muscles being very sore during as well as after. My feet were always very sore too?! Not happening this time round but I'm not doing anything differently. Strange?!

Yay! shredding done for the week.

Looking at your stats, RawrGirl and Squishy - you have both done so well in two months! how many calories do you have each day?

Nettee -- @ Level 1 (5 done, 25 to go)

Woohoo. Half way through level one.

Nettee, thank you. I started in September on a food replacement diet for 5 weeks to get me to a healthy BMI. Since then I have been using MFP to count cals. I gradually moved up to 1200 a day and then as I started to get hungrier and exercise more, I moved up to my BMR which is 1390.

However, I have 9lb to go to goal and desperately want to get there (for the first time ever!) so I'm going back on Lipotrim food replacement on Monday for a 2-3 week push. Planning to continue my exercise as much as possible though, especially the shred.

Squishy -- @ Level 1 (5 done, 25 to go)

RawrGirl eats 800/800/800/800/1500/1500/1200 calories per week, which averages about 1057 a day. She was around 155 in Sept when she started/joined minimins, not 172, so her stats aren't quite as impressive as they look. She was 172 in 2010 and as low as 143 in 2011 and then back up to 162 in April of 2012. She thinks she's around 139 at the moment, but Prince Charming hid the scales last Spring so that's only a guess. She gets the scale for a day Nov 21...so then she will know for sure. :innocent0001:

RawrGirl actually managed to squeeze in a Shred in her otherwise very hectic day yesterday of watching What Not To Wear episodes.

RawrGirl -- @ Level 1 (4 done, 26 to go)

Have started my shredding for the week - I think it is getting easier. wow good luck to you both on your low calorie plans.

Nettee -- @ Level 1 (6 done, 24 to go)

Well done Nettee. Definitely easier this week. I find myself starting the exercises early while Jillian is still explaining them. Maybe I'll become one of those people that becomes obsessed with exercise?! Ha, never!!

Squishy -- @ Level 1 (6 done, 25 to go)

RawrGirl is sooooooo sick of Shred. She is so ready to swap it for something else of equal intensity. Maybe she will try Level 2 again. Anything. Something...

RawrGirl -- @ Level 1 (5 done, 25 to go)

Squishy -- @ Level 1 (6 done, 24 to go)

RawrGirl said:
RawrGirl is sooooooo sick of Shred. She is so ready to swap it for something else of equal intensity. Maybe she will try Level 2 again. Anything. Something...

Ugh, I hear ya RawrGirl! It gets so tedious after a few days doesn't it? I just wish there was a bit of variety but I suppose it's designed to work. I'm absolutely dreading it today!

yes I know what you mean - but still only another 4 or 5 to go to level 2 - which i am dreading to be honest. I can't really see me doing much shredding after this 6 week stint - maybe depends on the results. It does go quite quickly at least though. And after my gold body magic I definatley needed another medium term challenge to keep me motivated.

Need to get on with mine for the morning.........

Right. Really really did not want to do it this evening but it is done. Kickboxing tomorrow night so I've a day off from shred and i can't wait! Snore...!!

Squishy -- @ Level 1 (7 done, 23 to go)[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

day 7 done - come on girls a bit of positivity - we will finish it, no quittting, "this is easy for you" - "we are all in this same boat together" - Jillian in getting into my subconcious I think

My arms are sore now that I am attempting some of the strength with 3kg weights, but quite pleased with what I am acheiving. Just looked back at Zeke's run down from the beginning of the thread and that looks quite impressive now I know what she is talking about!

3 more sessions left on level 1........

Nettee -- @ Level 1 (7 done, 23 to go)
Squishy -- @ Level 1 (7 done, 23 to go)

Nettee said:
day 7 done - come on girls a bit of positivity - we will finish it, no quittting, "this is easy for you" - "we are all in this same boat together" - Jillian in getting into my subconcious I think

My arms are sore now that I am attempting some of the strength with 3kg weights, but quite pleased with what I am acheiving. Just looked back at Zeke's run down from the beginning of the thread and that looks quite impressive now I know what she is talking about!

3 more sessions left on level 1........

Nettee -- @ Level 1 (7 done, 23 to go)

Thanks Nettee, you're right. That's what I needed to hear! So glad we have this thread to keep each other motivated. Oooh, I might try heavier weights for the rowing and chest flies, and maybe the squat thrust as I'm finding them ok now. I won't go as far as saying they're easy though!

RawrGirl did 5 minutes and turned it off. She is very down today, has been for a few days actually, and just couldn't push through it. She spent the day filling out applications and walking into shops inquiring if they were hiring. It doesn't look good so far. She's been down because money is so tight, so she has no money for clothes and is still walking around in nothing but yoga pants and Prince Charming and teenage son's sweatshirts and is in serious need of clothes, so that's why she went out today. And to make matters worse, then she pulled over by a cop for talking on her cell and was fined $106.00. Not a good couple of days...and now RawrGirl doesn't even know if she will be able to afford the coat she was planning on buying this weekend, as the money will might have to pay her fine. :cry:

Maybe she will be able to talk herself into shred tomorrow.

Oh Rawrgirl, how awful. Good luck with your job hunting and hope you have a much better day today.

RawrGirl that's awful. Sounds like you're going through one of those times when nothing is going your way :( All I can say is that things will get better. Hopefully stores are like here where they hire temporary staff close to Xmas to deals it's extra shoppers etc. If the Shred is bothering you, skip it for a few days and do something else to clear your head. Even a long walk or light jog helps I find. Sorry about money troubles too, I know what you're going through. X

Okay, so RawrGirl devised her own Shred workout...which is slightly longer than 20 minutes, and uses heavier weights but less repetitions, because 1) she was bored out of her mind, 2) it wasn't covering a full body workout which RawrGirl had been doing since starting the VLCD in September, and 3) she needs the heavier weights to build muscle (not just tone) as VLCD can cause muscle loss and more muscle will help her maintain her goal weight...so you guys let her know if this still counts or if she needs to drop out of the challenge.

Monday / Wednesday / Friday

Pushups -- 2 sets/10 reps (done on toes this week -- for first time in life!) or Chest Flies (10lb each hand)
Shoulders -- 2-3 sets / 12 reps (10 lb each hand) Lateral Rasies or Presses
Jillian Level 1, 3rd Cardio Circuit (jumping jacks, bum kicks, level 2 skaters instead of punches, jump rope)
Biceps Curls -- 3-4 sets / 12 reps (10 lb each)
Tricep Extensions -- 3-4 sets / 12 reps (6lb total) or Dips
Jillian Level 1, 3rd Cardio Circuit (jumping jacks, bum kicks, level 2 skaters instead of punches, jump rope)
Upper Back -- 4 sets / 12 reps (weight pully contraption)
Mid Back -- 4 sets / 12 reps (weight pully contraption)

Tuesday / Thursday

Bum -- 4 sets/12 reps Regular Squats (Tues) and Side lunge squats (Thurs)
Quads -- 4 sets / 12 reps Front Lunges (Tues) and Back Lunges (Thurs)
Spiral -- 3-4 sets/12 reps (this is a figure skating strength move for lifting your leg behind you and higher than hip level)
Calves -- 3-4 sets/12 reps
Jillian Level 1, 3rd Cardio Circuit (jumping jacks, bum kicks, skaters instead of punches, jump rope) (performed 3x, in-between sets -- after set 1, 2, and 3)

Saturday (won't count as Shred as there is no cardio)

Hamstrings -- 4 sets / 12 reps (weight pully contraption)
Abducter -- 4 sets / 12 reps (weight pully contraption)
Adducter -- 4 sets / 12 reps (weight pully contraption)
Lower Back -- 4 sets / 12 reps Superman

Sounds good to me Rawrgirl - As long as it keeps you motivated - stick to the thread with your modified Shred.......

Oh and well done on the push ups from your toes - I did one yesterday and it nearly killed me so total respect!

I like to be told what to do! and am quite pleased with my late evening session just now - number 8 complete.

managed to do all the bicep curls with 3kg and all the presses with 2kg which is a first in both cases :)

Nettee -- @ Level 1 (8 done, 22 to go)

Yep, sounds good to me too RawrGirl so stick around! I have started doing push-ups on my toes too! I don't get as many done as I did in my knees but it's a first for me. Next step: push ups with hand claps in between, army style!!

Well done Nettee! No Shred for me tonight as I had kickboxing but going to try heavier weights tomorrow evening and see how I get on. Eek! Nearly at Level 2 now!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back